Should 2K Bring out an Updated "Entrance Theme Pack" ?

SamTHimself

i kno this forum is just a very small cross section of the wwe 2k community. But as long as i've been here....ppl on caws ws are obsessed with entrances.

i nvr understood. like ppl care more about entrances than the AI, gameplay, match types, features, moves etc.

the entrances are cool and all. Especially since we can interupt them nowadays. But they could cut them short to like No Mercy 64 styles entrances. And i wouldn't be that upset tbh

That said. it would be cool if they updated the game thru the year. But not really reasonable since they need to release these new games every october. And they are already working on the new one before the current one releases

Entrances are awesome. They set the tone of what's to come. It's the calm before the storm. These games are hard to keep current, I agree, but imo entrances are integral part of the experience like on TV.

If liscencing was less of an issue I'd imagine we'd be able to get song packs kind of like how it's done in Rocksmith/Rock Band. Trons would also be neat... we can dream. :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn really wish that Nakamura had the Lee England Jr. version of his theme instead of his original. I like that one way better.

Yeah i agree with that! I just want updated themes is all lol! Ah well

I wish they'd at the very least allow us to use tracks we can use for show intros. The tracks are already in the game so why we can't use them for entrances I have no clue. Though whether this is still the case in WWE2K18, I don't know.

As for my thoughts on an entrance theme pack, I'd much prefer something like this...

Something I never got about the WWE games...was this exact theory. Not necessarily releasing DLC packs for themes...but simply allowing tracks to be downloaded. Even if it was a per-track basis, and was 99 cents per song. Open the entire WWE music archive for downloading and let people install the themes they want personally. WWE would make a shitload of money off that. And, yeah...99 cents would be steep. But I would still do it. If it was a song that I really wanted in the game. It wouldn't be as good as putting custom music in...but it would be better than nothing. The WWE music archive is pretty damn expansive. It would be a good example of micro-transactions being a damn good idea, IMO.

That is an interesting thought with one tweak I would go for it. If they had a way to access the entire WWE library then anything bought from the WWE song shop would work for all future WWE games.

So if you purchase "My Time" on 2k18 for 99 cents. When you look at the store in 2k19 it would say already purchased and let you redownload it.

Nah, not really. Mainly because i don't watch WWE anymore so, not only I don't know very well those wrestlers or even their theme song. Also I will only use some of them once for the related trophies and maybe later I will fight them on MyCareer if my path go that way.
I would rather pay for a retro pack of wrestlers like Randy Orton (Evolution, Rated-RKO era), Big Show, Triple H (I would love to have his '04 return model/attire), Kane ('05 version), Ric Flair (recent), Shawn Michaels (The Rockers, recent), etc.

I wish they'd at the very least allow us to use tracks we can use for show intros. The tracks are already in the game so why we can't use them for entrances I have no clue. Though whether this is still the case in WWE2K18, I don't know.

As for my thoughts on an entrance theme pack, I'd much prefer something like this...

Something I never got about the WWE games...was this exact theory. Not necessarily releasing DLC packs for themes...but simply allowing tracks to be downloaded. Even if it was a per-track basis, and was 99 cents per song. Open the entire WWE music archive for downloading and let people install the themes they want personally. WWE would make a shitload of money off that. And, yeah...99 cents would be steep. But I would still do it. If it was a song that I really wanted in the game. It wouldn't be as good as putting custom music in...but it would be better than nothing. The WWE music archive is pretty damn expansive. It would be a good example of micro-transactions being a damn good idea, IMO.

That is an interesting thought with one tweak I would go for it. If they had a way to access the entire WWE library then anything bought from the WWE song shop would work for all future WWE games.

So if you purchase "My Time" on 2k18 for 99 cents. When you look at the store in 2k19 it would say already purchased and let you redownload it.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. If it's in the game we should be able to use it as a theme. They did this preciously where they had Linda McMahon's theme(WM10) in the playlist but it couldn't be used otherwise. It's one of my favorite themes so I was really angry, lol.

I wouldn't pay for it, but I do think there should be a patch for any themes that were changed right before the game drops, and maybe anything within that first month. It seems like every year, this is new theme/tron season. I'd hope they would just get added in as bonus material though, and not replace the original songs completely.

I swear, WWE does it on purpose lol. Cass, Jordan, a good chunk of the roster got new themes/trons in June-September.

I might be alone here on this one. But for the people who are no longer with WWE like Callihan, or even if they switched themes but the theme is done by CFO$, it should be added into the game as generic themes. I loved Solomon Crowe's theme Mass Appeal and Titus O'Neil's theme Lemme Show You How and I'm mad it was taken out. They should add all CFO$ themes past and present into the game. Screw the "Dark Superhero" "Motorcycle" and "Bodybuilder" themes.

Archived