Official WWE TLC Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling Kane and Braun were gonna get in to it from a mile away

I think we all did. But, Kane going over...and having the support of his team is what bothered me. I was pissed when Braun went through the "stage" *cough* bubble wrap *cough*...but when he crawled out, I was like "oh, alright...they were just swerving us so Braun could look even better". But then...nope...it got even worse.

So...yeah, the main event annoyed me in a few ways, but after watching the rest I can't be angry. I just really don't understand why it's Kane's MO to return and go over the most popular people at the time. I swear, they're trying to make us all hate him. I don't want to hate Kane...

Crazy how they want you to hate a heel.

So...yeah, the main event annoyed me in a few ways, but after watching the rest I can't be angry. I just really don't understand why it's Kane's MO to return and go over the most popular people at the time. I swear, they're trying to make us all hate him. I don't want to hate Kane...

Not what I mean. Think that's obvious.

In this case you're acting exactly like intended. They wanted the fans to be pissed that Kane got Braun out of the match. Braun will beat Kane soon enough. If anything the only good thing about Kane coming back is that he did it to put Braun over.

Still doesn't change the fact that the cheap Kane heat is not enjoyable heat, and almost makes me stop watching the product whenever they do it. Especially after the recent events of Braun losing clean to Lesnar, and losing more and more momentum on a weekly basis since doing so. Braun will beat Kane soon? Am I supposed to take solace in that? It means nothing. Kane has lost to everyone over the course of his career. His inconsistent booking makes a win over him mean nothing...no matter how many times they predictably try to make him a serious monster again. Braun is the true monster, and they're ruining it...just like they did when Bray Wyatt was in a similar position.

So true. :lol:

I'm sure Gen meant "hate him" as in no one wanting to see Kane whatsoever, whether he's heel or face.

Yes, exactly right.

And I thought that was obvious when I said it. You'd think that a forum full of wrestling fans would be fully aware that the term "hate" doesn't apply to face/heel, but to a deeper feeling about a performer himself. But, some people only exist to troll. So...

Not my fault you got worked, mark. Tell me more about how seeing Kane hurt Braun made you almost want to stop watching WWE.

Why are you such a try-hard at pushing people's buttons? Literally, all I said was that it's a shame that they're trying so hard to make Kane a burden to watch. I've enjoyed Kane through many points of his career...and it bothers me that he's so often used in ways that seem pointless or disruptive to the overall product.

*Reported for obvious argument baiting.*

I'm not going to let you and Creep bait me into being as obnoxious as you both are. I've done that too many times in the past.

Smh, and moving along...

TLC was enjoyable, and I have nothing negative to say about it. My opinion is that it was a good event. If I didn't make it clear earlier, I'm reiterating now...that I enjoyed the event. The main event was fun to watch. I even said that earlier. I don't hate Kane, I don't hate the WWE. I merely said that I don't like the way that they use Kane a scapegoat for dead-end storylines. If people need to argue about that, they can argue without me. I hope everyone has a lovely day.

I think Im the only one on here who hated everything up until the moment Enzo won the CW title.

First half was super boring aside from the Elias appearances. Friends who I watched it with were just as bored as me.

I know how you feel. It was pretty boring. It was the first time I've watched a whole pay-per-view from start to finish (no preshow though) in a while. But I liked the parts with Jason Jordan throwing produce at Elias too. That was classic WWE.

I understand the appeal of Finn Balor vs. AJ Styles, but it wasn't for me. It went on too long and it just felt flat because there were no stakes or motivation for them to be fighting. I don't have the attention span for a slow paced match like that with nothing on the line, especially after I've already sat through all of those other filler matches. I know the commentators were selling it as a big dream match, but I just wasn't buying it as such when it's on a B pay-per-view and it's literally only happening because someone else got sick. It just seemed like a normal match they'd have main event a house show.

I loved the main event though. Its actually probably going to end up being one of my favorite matches, so everything else was worth sitting through. The fact that the rest of the show sucked only made it feel even more special.

Man, you guys have to go back and read some of your post sometimes, you sound like whiney babies all the damn time. Chill out, have a decent discussion. Everything doesn't have to start another World War.

Archived