Official WWE TLC Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching shows at stupid oclock in the morning really effects my enjoyment of the product it seems. It seems TLC was rather well liked, but I thought it was dull.

I know what you mean but TLC was the first time i didn't get proper tired or bored due to staying up til 4am. Granted i was on WWE 2k while watching the under card but the AJ/Balor and the main event had me completely glued. Normally i have a bit of regret for staying up for these PPVs but i got none what so ever from last night. Was well worth the watch.

Watching shows at stupid oclock in the morning really effects my enjoyment of the product it seems. It seems TLC was rather well liked, but I thought it was dull.

I know what you mean but TLC was the first time i didn't get proper tired or bored due to staying up til 4am. Granted i was on WWE 2k while watching the under card but the AJ/Balor and the main event had me completely glued. Normally i have a bit of regret for staying up for these PPVs but i got none what so ever from last night. Was well worth the watch.

I was even drinking with some friends and usually that helps to keep the excitement level up, but not last night.

Ill have to go back and watch some of the matches I remember being the better ones.

Just watched the show.

Thought the opener was pretty good, great to see that Asuka got a big reaction, surely they can't *Censored* this up, right? Right? Anyways, Cole starts off the night great by telling the people watching that Asuka 'loves to have fun in the ring' and that she's 'all about entertainment'. *Censored* off.

Cesaro speaking with the mouth guard was hilarious but why though? The CWs tag was pretty good too. The Elias segments were great until Jason Jordan showed up. He's lame af. But of course Michael Cole can be even worse as he says 'What is Jason Jordan? The king of the supermarket??'. Hilarious.

Finn vs AJ was a great match and my MOTN (I didn't watch Alexa vs Mickie or Kalisto vs Enzo but I assume they weren't better) but not the WWE MOTY, imo. Thank God Finn didn't come out with that ugly ass pumpkin paint, the one he had was pretty dope. Michael Cole continuing on with his great commentary when he says Finn Balor wont he Universal Championship a couple of years ago. A couple of years ago that title didn't even exist.

And on to the main event. Kurt wearing the Shield gear was hilarious, I loved it. Booker T burying him throughout the whole match made me laugh too. Apparently he forgot all the matches he had with him on TNA, though, as he said Kurt was on an 11 year hiatus from the squared circle. Anyways, what was Miz's plan once he had Ambrose and Rollins in the truck seeing as the match had to end in the ring? The Kane thing with Braun I thought was poorly done and him pulling the chairs from the ceiling was just silly. I did love the 'that was murder' chants, though. Cole with the line of the night surely after that - 'This is completely beyond sports entertainment'. Agreed.

Then we got vintage Kurt Angle kicking out of a finisher :hqhq: and of course the morons in Minnesota chanting USA. That of course prompted Angle to get rid of that evil foreigner The Miz. The finish was pretty cool and Kurt looked legit happy so that's good. The match certainly wasn't great. It had cool moments but the pacing was off and I thought it was too long.

Cant believe Shane McMahon looked better in the ring than Kurt these days. Crazy.

Besides taking that awkward bump out of the ring near the end, what do you think he did wrong? I love Shane McMahon, but at least Kurt Angle still knows how to throw a convincing punch.

He just looked off and really rusty. Shane cant throw punches worth a shit and he gets gassed quick but he was able to keep up with AJ & everyone else hes wrestled tbh. It was really just ring awareness.

Kurt still did great for what he can do, but you can also see the guys took it lightly on him while Shane almost died 3 times. This is by no means shitting on him btw, I thought Kurt looked good and this was one of the most enjoyable matches of the year for me, but I also think he looked old. Specifically compared to Shane whos closest in age.

Okay. I agree that they were definitely being gentle with Angle. I thought he looked great but it's impossible for him to bump like he used to. Shane does have that advantage over him. Having that been said, Angle made Strowman look like a million bucks when they did that takedown out of the ring. That was an awesome looking bump for a simple move.

I also loved how Angle almost made it feel like he was temporarily rejuvenated as his old self when his music hit and he came out the second time. His moves seemed to have a little more intensity behind them. It's a subtle thing that most guys wouldn't be able to convey without the commentary spelling it out for us. Oh, and that Angle Slam on Cesaro looked brutal. He made it look effortless. I just wish Angle came out in his gear and took the straps down. For me, that would have taken it from a 4.5 to a 5.

And in response to the chair thing, I don't think you can put all of the blame for the dainty chair shots on Angle. He's not used to the safer, watered down WWE of today. Most chairshots in WWE look like shit. They should just not even bother with that weapon. It's played out anyway. Unless you do something weird with them like the Kane/Braun spot, it's boring.

I agree with that.

Just rewatched Asuka vs Emma because I wasnt really paying attention last night. Damn that match was good. Thought it was gonna be a dominant squash, but those girls killed it. Asuka had some really nice fluidity and movements I havent seen her do even in NXT.

Its hilarious when you think of the fact that the heels had so many opportunities to win the match last night. :XD:

This, they could have beaten Rollins and Ambrose when Kurt was at the back. Lol.

The match was nice but was dragged for too long. I really want to see Kurt wrestle in his wrestling attire but since they have to do the Shield powerbomb i'm ok with him wearing the shield attire until the end.

Kurt's awkward fall in the final minutes of the match is just vintage Angle. He sold it like a boss.

I like that Enzo won, and I'm not sure if he generally made for people to hate him or not. He is such a douchebg, and I think he knows very well what he is doing. He has some "classic heel" feel to me, and props to whoever has been handling his character. It feels like Ryan Ward could be about that... but who knows. But at the same time, I hate the fact that there have been way too many short lived CW reigns.

Finn vs AJ was very solid, and for a 2 days notice it was pretty darn good. And with a proper story and buildup, I'm sure they can have a fantastic match.

Main event... eh. I watched it in the morning, and I agree with Creep. But honestly I really had zero interest in it, and with Angle even less... I'm glad that they saved proper entrance, ring gear and everything for a proper match. But the match itself got dragged waaay too long. Spots were not really exciting too.

I think the whole story has been done poorly, and the match itself in the end really didn't help.

And tbh... I'm really put off by the product right now. Nothing is too exciting. And why would anyone want to see Lesnar vs Jinder or Jindr vs AJ Styles for that matter? There is a LOT of talent right now but everything is so half assed with payoffs that are not interesting at all. Last year was the bomb compared to this, but that's not saying much. It feels like e have to wait untill after WM for things to be interesting again, when we get rid of the current World champs.

Sorry if posted already.

We've had a number of readers ask how WWE was able to let Kurt Angle in the ring for the WWE TLC PPV this past weekend.

The idea for Angle to compete was first proposed internally on Thursday when WWE realized that Roman Reigns was not going to be able to compete as he had been pulled for illness. We have been told adding Angle to the match was a Vince McMahon idea.

Sources indicate that while Angle had been previously checked out by WWE when he was initially brought back to the company, Angle was given a physical on Friday in Pittsburgh to make sure he was medically fit to compete at the PPV.

As soon as Angle was given the thumbs up, we are told that WWE made the official announcement minutes later. So, if it felt last minute in how the announcement was made, it literally was a "down to the wire" announcement.

We are told that as of last night, Angle being in the ring was just a one time attraction, but obviously the door is wide open for more going forward.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=113091

I got home from work last night, and I only caught the main event. It was good fun to a point...but the end result left me pretty annoyed. I talked shit about the show and went to sleep.

Today, I watched the rest of the show...and it was a really great show. From start to finish, the entire thing was enjoyable. There wasn't a single part of it that seemed out of place or failed to serve a purpose. Emma/Asuka was fantastic...Finn/Styles was incredible...the repeat appearances of Elias were hilarious...there were some awesome backstage promos...Mickie/Bliss was nothing special, but solid. Even the throw away match of Elias vs Jordan was a decent outing.

So...yeah, the main event annoyed me in a few ways, but after watching the rest I can't be angry. I just really don't understand why it's Kane's MO to return and go over the most popular people at the time. I swear, they're trying to make us all hate him. I don't want to hate Kane...

I also thought it made no sense that the rest of that team would side with Kane against Braun...they know what Braun is capable of. It was a stretch for me to believe that they wouldn't just let Braun attack Kane and focus on the opponents. It's not like Kane is trustworthy...he's the one who started the shit in the first place. So, yeah...that was a big issue for me. If I was on that team, the second Braun crawled out of that hole and was looking to murder Kane, I would have been like "there he is...you can have him".

Archived