Official WWE TLC Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe Shane McMahon looked better in the ring than Kurt these days. Crazy.

Besides taking that awkward bump out of the ring near the end, what do you think he did wrong? I love Shane McMahon, but at least Kurt Angle still knows how to throw a convincing punch.

Cant believe Shane McMahon looked better in the ring than Kurt these days. Crazy.

Besides taking that awkward bump out of the ring near the end, what do you think he did wrong? I love Shane McMahon, but at least Kurt Angle still knows how to throw a convincing punch.

He just looked off and really rusty. Shane cant throw punches worth a shit and he gets gassed quick but he was able to keep up with AJ & everyone else hes wrestled tbh. It was really just ring awareness.

Kurt still did great for what he can do, but you can also see the guys took it lightly on him while Shane almost died 3 times. This is by no means shitting on him btw, I thought Kurt looked good and this was one of the most enjoyable matches of the year for me, but I also think he looked old. Specifically compared to Shane whos closest in age.

He just looked off and really rusty. Shane cant throw punches worth a shit and he gets gassed quick but he was able to keep up with AJ & everyone else hes wrestled tbh. It was really just ring awareness.

Kurt still did great for what he can do, but you can also see the guys took it lightly on him while Shane almost died 3 times. This is by no means shitting on him btw, I thought Kurt looked good and this was one of the most enjoyable matches of the year for me, but I also think he looked old. Specifically compared to Shane whos closest in age.

Okay. I agree that they were definitely being gentle with Angle. I thought he looked great but it's impossible for him to bump like he used to. Shane does have that advantage over him. Having that been said, Angle made Strowman look like a million bucks when they did that takedown out of the ring. That was an awesome looking bump for a simple move.

I also loved how Angle almost made it feel like he was temporarily rejuvenated as his old self when his music hit and he came out the second time. His moves seemed to have a little more intensity behind them. It's a subtle thing that most guys wouldn't be able to convey without the commentary spelling it out for us. Oh, and that Angle Slam on Cesaro looked brutal. He made it look effortless. I just wish Angle came out in his gear and took the straps down. For me, that would have taken it from a 4.5 to a 5.

And in response to the chair thing, I don't think you can put all of the blame for the dainty chair shots on Angle. He's not used to the safer, watered down WWE of today. Most chairshots in WWE look like shit. They should just not even bother with that weapon. It's played out anyway. Unless you do something weird with them like the Kane/Braun spot, it's boring.

"it's impossible for him to bump like he used to"

So we're just gonna pretend Kurt didn't tank Strowman planting him through the table on the concrete like a *censored*ing champ then?

No, like I said, he made Strowman look like a million bucks. The table spot and the takedown out of the ring were great. I just don't think you're ever going to see him do anything ridiculous, like moonsault from the top of a cage again. The fact that he didn't do that in his match with Cody Rhodes makes me think he might finally be starting to take it easy on the crazy highspots. I'd love it if he did, but I know he's in rough shape so I'm not expecting it.

Crowley. That was the very first thing I noticed. Sheamus did NOT go up for that Angle Slam. Yet Cesaro literally flew into orbit when he got one.

Exactly. You have to give a lot of credit to Cesaro too. I'd kill to see him an Angle have a normal singles match.

Crowley. That was the very first thing I noticed. Sheamus did NOT go up for that Angle Slam. Yet Cesaro literally flew into orbit when he got one.

Exactly. You have to give a lot of credit to Cesaro too. I'd kill to see him an Angle have a normal singles match.

Fans have been giving him credit for years in that company. Too bad Vince McMahon don't see any good in him at all.

Archived