Universe info!

Ernez

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who remains skeptical and doesn't plan on picking this up, I'm actually delighted that they're introducing squash matches in Universe. For years now I've been longing to see superstar attributes receive some sort of justification or meaning.

The matches and superstars desperately needed some more distinction and flavor and this seems to be a step in the right direction.

Not exclusive to universe (and technically wasnt even their idea :)

LOL! Every year they promise substantial improvements to the universe mode and we will not see any. The next year they will be busy fixing the broken universe mode again. Hope this year they keep their word about improvements and we will see the improvements in our game.

It seems they have not increased the title slots again and they brag a lot about they are moving towards WWE programming simulation. WOW 2K!

I think the five most requested aspects of Universe mode over the past 2 years have been.

1. Rivals not facing each other every week

2. More Rivalry slots

3. More title slots per show

4. Ability to assign managers

5. Improved stat and in particular title tracking

None of these were addressed in this information apart from confirmation of 3 Rivalry slots and 3 new potential rivalries which I think sounds good.

I think the five most requested aspects of Universe mode over the past 2 years have been.

2. More Rivalry slots

None of these were addressed in this information apart from confirmation of 3 Rivalry slots and 3 new potential rivalries which I think sounds good.

2K are saviors of WWE games, don't say a word against them.

On a serious note, if 2K takes the feedback suggestions seriously they would have implemented many of those features. many people are asking for more title slots from many years, but still they can't implement it. Moreover in WWE programming there are more than 4 titles, it would have been the best time to implement it and brag about it a lot.

Assigning managers is also one of the most requested features.

Why do we still only get 3 rivalry slots? Tired of having to leave a championship on the sidelines cause they aint no more room for another rivalry. We should be able to have 5 or 6 rivalry slots, enough for every title and some for non title feuds.

Yeah - I'm really disappointed in this too.

It seems that rivalrywise the intensity is the same Thing that was in the game two games ago with the difference that instead of unlocking the type and applying it, you have a slider and a description now.

As about the title Slots, I think they are going with the wwe Standards since in real life we always have a Major, a minor, a tag and a womens title on each brand (not including nxt and 205 live).

Just hope that they finally unlocked the minor and the womens title so we can use all titles for the women OR the men if one wants to have a all males brand or all womens brand instead of having to always let the minor title unused in such cases.

Biggest complain, it's still a unrealistic fantasy calendar that don't make any sense.

How can it be that a 10 year old GM mode had a realistic calendar with real dates where you can click on any show in the past for the last 12 months and look what Matchcards you had and here, even in the newest one, we have to deal with a fantasy calendar where every month has magically 4 weeks and 4 Sundays. That doesn't make any sense. And I bet you still can't look at past Matchcards.

I hate that, I loved to look at past Matchcards to get my own personal rivalries back into my head or have real dates in the calendar because I tracked title holder statistics and this is so hard with this calendar in the game.

Huge bummer, but maybe the rivalries will work this time, that's at least something.

Couldn't agree more about looking at past cards. I also miss the main event movie that used to play prior to the PPV. Universe could be so good, but they just don't implement some things that should be so simple. I still have not pre-ordered. I will be waiting another few days before deciding.

I just hope load times are improved for largely custom universes. Waiting for a show to start that used custom arenas and CAWs took forever and always turned me from off playing more than 1 or 2 shows at a time.

I'm hoping that merely having caws using fewer custom logos (due to the elimination of the blurring on larger images) will speed that up - but yeah it was ridiculous.

2. More Rivalry slots

yeah and for me number one point is to create a pay per view theme

lets they with the match editor i want have a ppv ending with a 4 men ladder match i can edit the ppv with that theme :)

i was wondering there is no 205 but we see the title and the show...

2 options first they ignored the fact we there is a 205 belt and we have the old systems with 4 belt

slots or we have a 5th(+ hope) :) we will see

but i am hyped about this game the promo engine last year was absolute great

i hate the fact how they build them up last year speaking of "the authority says... all for the authority" blaa that feels much like we are in 2014 and if you are a heel youre on hhh side xD thats the only thing you get heelish

nowwwww lets be happy and lets enjoy the game 3 years ago i was never expecting to see all this great stars in one game but now wow :)

I don't mean to be 'that' guy, but i'm quite surprised at how positive everyone has been about this.

I was hugely underwhelmed. Nothing about promos making more sense, nothing about there being more than one cutscene (seriously, all I ever got was a guy walking down to the ring during his rival's match and taking a seat), nothing about assigning managers, nothing about being able to book more than a 1-on-1 or tag rivalry.

I can still see this as being the same as ever. Repeated matches against your rival, random promos, lack of cutscenes. If they have expanded on these areas, they would have covered them, so that worries me.

I hope i'm pleasantly surprised. Often when your expectations are low, that tends to happen! Fingers crossed.

2. More Rivalry slots

lets they with the match editor i want have a ppv ending with a 4 men ladder match i can edit the ppv with that theme :)

2 options first they ignored the fact we there is a 205 belt and we have the old systems with 4 belt

i hate the fact how they build them up last year speaking of "the authority says... all for the authority" blaa that feels much like we are in 2014 and if you are a heel youre on hhh side xD thats the only thing you get heelish

Yeh. I couldn't help but feel this was WWE putting their stamp on the mode to try and discourage you using other companies in your Universe mode. WWE do have the final say on everything, and we know how controlling they can be. Was a real dampener for me.

I don't mean to be 'that' guy, but i'm quite surprised at how positive everyone has been about this.

I was hugely underwhelmed. Nothing about promos making more sense, nothing about there being more than one cutscene (seriously, all I ever got was a guy walking down to the ring during his rival's match and taking a seat), nothing about assigning managers, nothing about being able to book more than a 1-on-1 or tag rivalry.

I can still see this as being the same as ever. Repeated matches against your rival, random promos, lack of cutscenes. If they have expanded on these areas, they would have covered them, so that worries me.

I hope i'm pleasantly surprised. Often when your expectations are low, that tends to happen! Fingers crossed.

2. More Rivalry slots

Yeh. I couldn't help but feel this was WWE putting their stamp on the mode to try and discourage you using other companies in your Universe mode. WWE do have the final say on everything, and we know how controlling they can be. Was a real dampener for me.

People just want to WOW everything that 2K does. Its the way things run here.

There are not many improvements apart from minor improvements here and there.

They can do a lot with universe mode but they are not willing to do. Lazy 2K. If it is THQ, people would have been all over the board.

How many more years are people going to say lets give them?
Ok I'd give them credit for improving game play...but they removed Showcase and Career Mode and Universe Mode were still crap last year.
This year, unless they upgraded their servers and ban cheaters which I really doubt, Online will be a failure.
Who enjoy grinding through Career Mode more than once if at all?
It seems like they are still struggle with Rival System. Will they have it right this time and build upon or back to the drawing board again?
I think they are depending way too much on rival system. They need to throw in a bunch of random stuff and WTF moments.
I want to play Universe and not always know what rival is about to happen.
It would be more fun getting hit by a car and not know who done it until at the next PPV.
Someone gets signed to your show without you manually doing it.
Increasing the title slots for the show
Bringing back tournaments like KOTR
US Challenge
Add more gimmick match types which will make universe mode lot fun
Add story collections and implement them properly.
But 2K will not do any of these. They will just chop and add, chop and add. Rinse, repeat and next year the same process will continue. Vintage 2K.
There is lot of potential for universe mode but 2K failed miserably in the same way THQ. It is one of the most played mode and still 2K ignoring the mode.

2. More Rivalry slots

People just want to WOW everything that 2K does. Its the way things run here.

There are not many improvements apart from minor improvements here and there.

They can do a lot with universe mode but they are not willing to do. Lazy 2K. If it is THQ, people would have been all over the board.

How many more years are people going to say lets give them?
Ok I'd give them credit for improving game play...but they removed Showcase and Career Mode and Universe Mode were still crap last year.
This year, unless they upgraded their servers and ban cheaters which I really doubt, Online will be a failure.
Who enjoy grinding through Career Mode more than once if at all?
It seems like they are still struggle with Rival System. Will they have it right this time and build upon or back to the drawing board again?
I think they are depending way too much on rival system. They need to throw in a bunch of random stuff and WTF moments.
I want to play Universe and not always know what rival is about to happen.
It would be more fun getting hit by a car and not know who done it until at the next PPV.
Someone gets signed to your show without you manually doing it.
Increasing the title slots for the show
Bringing back tournaments like KOTR
US Challenge
Add more gimmick match types which will make universe mode lot fun
Add story collections and implement them properly.
But 2K will not do any of these. They will just chop and add, chop and add. Rinse, repeat and next year the same process will continue. Vintage 2K.
There is lot of potential for universe mode but 2K failed miserably in the same way THQ. It is one of the most played mode and still 2K ignoring the mode.

You are becomming really really annoying. If you don't like shit about the game fine, but let us enjoy the info. Some people prefer to have faith and give them the benefit of doubt rather than just bashing them for everything.

This mode, I feel, would benefit greatly if it had some form of general manager aspect integrated with it. I like, for example, the superstar goals but I'm curious on how they differ. Like said, i don't want everyone wanting to join a team or win the world title. It'd be cool to have a "satisfaction" with brand or so like in GM mode, so if you refuse their goal, they'll voice their displeasures, request trade, etc.

Squash matches seem fun.

Agree about the rivalry system. The potential seems cool, but if the rivals face every week, then it's pointless.

Cutscene occurance needs to change, really. Since Universe was introduced, i received bare minimum cutscenes or the same ones, no branching, etc.

I like what the other users said about unpredictability like getting hit by a car and not knowing the culprit until the next PPV or random run ins/ gimmick matches. I like my hands on the mode, but I too like to be surprised and it helps with the immersion to go with the flow if something happens, I.E, let's say I had a ppv plan but a rivalry causes my guy to get injured and the next person up goal is to win the title. Similar to what the WWE irl has to deal with.

This mode IS the crown jewel and I love minor improvements, but I really want them to peacock this mode. In my opinion, Universe is the steak, Career is the very necessary beverage and everything else are side dishes that compliment the meal.

I just feel like we've had this mode since what, 2011? I don't really feel like it's improved much. Many sideways movements, failure to add the things people really want (storylines galore, branching, manager integration, feuds that don't consist of the same matches over and over).

I honestly feel it's time they drop Universe mode and go back to the drawing board on some fresh ideas.

As I said, I really hope i'm wrong and Universe mode is worth playing this year. But I generally find I get more out of customising and setting the mode up, than actually playing it. I play it for a couple of sessions, then realise nothing's really going anywhere and I see the same cutscene over, and over again.

I just feel like we've had this mode since what, 2011? I don't really feel like it's improved much. Many sideways movements, failure to add the things people really want (storylines galore, branching, manager integration, feuds that don't consist of the same matches over and over).

I honestly feel it's time they drop Universe mode and go back to the drawing board on some fresh ideas.

As I said, I really hope i'm wrong and Universe mode is worth playing this year. But I generally find I get more out of customising and setting the mode up, than actually playing it. I play it for a couple of sessions, then realise nothing's really going anywhere and I see the same cutscene over, and over again.

4 years in THQ hands and 4 years in 2K hands. None of them have done anything substantial with the mode. They just keep on removing and adding and fixing the mode. 8 years done without any movement forward.

Even though if they bring new ideas it will not succeed, career mode is the best example. They must seriously do something to fix the universe mode. Its the bread and butter of the game.

I hope they bring GM mode next year in some way, where we can have another mode with controlling the whole brand with monetary things, firing the superstars and all those type of things. Also they must look into the possibilities of create a story.

^ Same. I get more fun setting things up than I do actually playing the mode, because you see the cracks or where things stay stale or pointless because nothing moves forward.

I feel the mode does need help with immersion, presentation is very fine but the mechanics like rivalries, cutscenes, etc. GM mode would bring that RPG element that would help with the immersion.

I like the goals though because, to me, it gives some characters some life. But then again, I have to see what all the goals consist of.

This mode does need help and these improvements are nice treats but I'm kinda underwhelmed now

From what I see, the new features are mostly superficials. I won't lie, it seems cool and I will enjoy those. The Power Rankings looks really nice but I see a lot of things wrong for me that I hope are wrong

1) No 205. This alone should be a no-sell for how the Universe Mode is done because they were incapable to put into the game something that exists for over a year. They were incapable of putting it in so they just left it out which is really bad.

And I'm not seeing any Cruiserweight mention in the card of Raw so I'm gonna assume they are just a part of the Raw roster and not of the Cruiserweight Division

2) The rivalries. Now, I really appreciate that we have different kinds of rivalries. It's awesome but only 3 rivalries when there is 4 Titles on each brand ? I probably won't be able to book any feud outside of the title and even then, one title won't have a feud. It kind of sucks

Plus, I haven't seen exemples of how the rivalries will be. I hate this rivalry system because it's so predictable, I wished it was like it was before where you had random stuff. A tag team would break up in a random match, you would have someone making his injury returns, you would've someone turning heel. This is what this mode lacks, surprises and it sucks it doesn't seem improved

3) No managers. This sucks. This is such a big thing of the WWE programming these days and I hate how it's impossible to assign managers when it is really the one thing that breaks the immersion. It sucks that 2K created such wonderful entrances like The Miz & Maryse and I won't be able to see them... Also, I hope that this year, it's actually possible to put women in stables

Archived