Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, it's like you hear this stories like this once every few months. It's unsettling.

Its a way shorter time frame than months man...

Naw terrorist isn't as common now

You dont consider the package bomber as domestic terrorism? Just because no one got hurt doesnt mean it isnt terrorism.

Also the synagogue shooting wasnt terrorism ?

I feel like an ass saying it but... FINALLY somebody used a grenade! Granted it was smoke but I've been thinking about that since Vegas. Gotta switch the game up a bit, you know? Can't be like the rest

On the real tho, it's still never good to hear about this stuff. And what terrorism isn't as common now? What, is that compared to the few months post Parkland because in that case sure but this is still happening at an alarming rate. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a shooting in retaliation to the elections I knew it was coming. Still early though I guess it's only been a day

Man, it's like you hear this stories like this once every few months. It's unsettling.

You dont consider the package bomber as domestic terrorism? Just because no one got hurt doesnt mean it isnt terrorism.

No that was a mass shooting but compared to mass shootings in America terrorism isn't that common

In America a terrorism happens maybe once or twice a year this year we had both Texas and Florida bombings but compared to mass shootings which happened pretty much once a week now days terrorism isn't that common

And yes I understand technically you can put both in the same category but I'm not going to do that

No that was a mass shooting but compared to mass shootings in America terrorism isn't that common

In America a terrorism happens maybe once or twice a year this year we had both Texas and Florida bombings but compared to mass shootings which happened pretty much once a week now days terrorism isn't that common

And yes I understand technically you can put both in the same category but I'm not going to do that

Terrorism and mass shootings arent mutually exclusive. Just because it doesnt have bombs and/or muslim people doesnt mean it isnt terrorism.

The synagogue shooting is textbook domestic terrorism

Yeah but if you label everything's a terrorist pretty much any crime in America to be considered terrorism

Terrorism targets the general public. Singular crimes target one person...like a car-jacking, or a mugging. Someone who walks into a public place and murders people indiscriminately is a terrorist. It isn't rocket science. Even something like a bank robbery gone wrong would cease to be terrorism, because their goal was robbing the bank, not killing people. Terrorism is an open-ended attack on the general public with no motive other than killing people. It doesn't have to be perpetrated by brown people.

Yeah but if you label everything's a terrorist pretty much any crime in America to be considered terrorism

ter·ror·ist
/?ter?r?st/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    "four commercial aircraft were hijacked by terrorists"
    synonyms: extremist, fanatic; More

Terrorism targets the general public. Singular crimes target one person...like a car-jacking, or a mugging. Someone who walks into a public place and murders people indiscriminately is a terrorist. It isn't rocket science. Even something like a bank robbery gone wrong would cease to be terrorism, because their goal was robbing the bank, not killing people. Terrorism is an open-ended attack on the general public with no motive other than killing people. It doesn't have to be perpetrated by brown people.

One I never said anything about brown people or Muslim

But again there was no political motivation so still not terrorism at least with the Florida bomber that was terrorism Mass shooter not terrorism

One I never said anything about brown people or Muslim

But again there was no political motivation so still not terrorism at least with the Florida bomber that was terrorism Mass shooter not terrorism

Political motivation is death to Jews isnt it?

Archived