Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if people started carrying guns with them even in religious buildings, who is to say he couldn't have prepared for that

Or that those people wouldn't go crazy one day and shoot up the place. Some good guys eventually become bad guys,.

*Acts dramatically shocked at that revelation*

And if people started carrying guns with them even in religious buildings, who is to say he couldn't have prepared for that

This makes all the sense in the world and for some reason it never crossed my mind. The anti gun reform logic takes yet another hit.

Honestly the only pro gun person I have seen on all of the internet thats at least a little honest about guns is Bdon. I think he knows there are no real good logical arguments against gun reform so he just clings to it being a 2A right and saying that gun culture is too ingrained in our country at this point (which is true). I would rather every pro-gun person be that honest instead of pretending that there are real logical reasons for gun laws to be lax.

Aren't there stats out there proving that stricter gun laws are actually better and make the country/area affected safer?

In the US, not really, kinda?

Any gun control zones are moot when you could easily bring them from outside the zone to the inside. If someone really wants to use one, that's not going to stop them.

Not defending it, but that's true for the most part.

meh

The key though is to make it harder for them to get guns and increase their chances of getting caught. Stricter gun control laws can stop them from buying guns legally or make them wait for much longer.

One of the reasons why CHicago apparently has one of the highest deaths by guns is because of the guns brought in from other states, but what if that state had stricter gun laws as well?

Also, remember reading that there was some data collected on the effect gun control laws had, and the results were that it reduced gun violence. For some reason though, the government shut down/illegalized that research decades ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/27/states-with-strict-gun-laws-have-fewer-firearms-deaths-heres-how-your-state-stacks-up.html

Archived