Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

I haven't read up on all of this. Been too busy at work. Did he purchase the gun legally? If so, Had any of his prior history been properly reported then it would've been flagged on the background check and thus prevented the purchase. Everyone else needs to do their jobs too. The NICS check can only report back whats in the system. No further laws would've prevented it. So if that's the case. I still don't understand why you can't get that through your head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a mass shooting...but a cop in Dallas entered the wrong apartment and shot the owner dead, because she thought she entered her own apartment (allegedly). Like...what? Who doesn't know the second they open a door that the place is not theirs? Even with the layout of those apartments being the same, people have different decor...and I'm sure the place would smell different too. Just a bullshit claim.

And how do you do that anyway? And also, why did the guy who got shot and killed not have his apartment locked? I've never lived in an apartment building, so maybe I'm making assumptions...but any time I've visited my brother or something, that's just the way it is...you lock your door and only open it when someone knocks on the door or rings the bell. Which is to say nothing against the guy who got shot...because this shit obviously wasn't his damn fault...

Not a mass shooting...but a cop in Dallas entered the wrong apartment and shot the owner dead, because she thought she entered her own apartment (allegedly). Like...what? Who doesn't know the second they open a door that the place is not theirs? Even with the layout of those apartments being the same, people have different decor...and I'm sure the place would smell different too. Just a bullshit claim.

And how do you do that anyway? And also, why did the guy who got shot and killed not have his apartment locked? I've never lived in an apartment building, so maybe I'm making assumptions...but any time I've visited my brother or something, that's just the way it is...you lock your door and only open it when someone knocks on the door or rings the bell. Which is to say nothing against the guy who got shot...because this shit obviously wasn't his damn fault...

I could try to understand she mistaken it kind of like when you walk up to a car that looks exactly like yours and try to get in it or realize it's not yours added to the fact she worked a full shift and tired I can understand why she can mistake Apartments shooting yeah I don't know how she shot someone but I can understand how she can mistake an apartment but yeah she's going to be a cop anymore

A lot of people don't lock their doors for different reasons. Maybe someone left the place for a while for some reason and was gonna come back, or maybe he just leaves it unlocked for any of his friends who need to hit him up.

Either way, I hope this cop gets charged and gets fired instead of getting away for whatever dumbass reason.

Shoot first ask questions last. Take that dumb beeyotch's gun and badge... And give her some glasses... And make her move into that person's apartment with the blood stain on the carpet for the rest of her.life so she can remember how her stupidity cost somebody their life

No...finding the wrong car in a lot is not the same as an apartment.

In a lot, you lose your car because there are millions of lots in the world and other people drive the same model you do. So, it's an ever-changing location, with ever-changing variables in the color/model/make of vehicle...and you might become confused.

With an apartment, you enter a building...go to the floor that you know your door to be on...then find the blatantly NUMBERED door, open it, go inside, etc. So...nah...don't make me laugh with that shit. :lol: It takes a special kind of stupid for someone to go into an apartment that isn't theirs, and shoot the person inside. Hell...I have personal stories of myself and my friends being drunk and accidentally going into wrong houses. You know you're in the wrong place immediately (unless you're a tardus). You apologize and leave. Even if someone jumps out and clubs you over the head, you have no reason to shoot them...because you have to realize that you're in the wrong place. It should be common sense, even under the influence.

No...finding the wrong car in a lot is not the same as an apartment.

In a lot, you lose your car because there are millions of lots in the world and other people drive the same model you do. So, it's an ever-changing location, with ever-changing variables in the color/model/make of vehicle...and you might become confused.

With an apartment, you enter a building...go to the floor that you know your door to be on...then find the blatantly NUMBERED door, open it, go inside, etc. So...nah...don't make me laugh with that shit. :lol: It takes a special kind of stupid for someone to go into an apartment that isn't theirs, and shoot the person inside. Hell...I have personal stories of myself and my friends being drunk and accidentally going into wrong houses. You know you're in the wrong place immediately (unless you're a tardus). You apologize and leave. Even if someone jumps out and clubs you over the head, you have no reason to shoot them...because you have to realize that you're in the wrong place. It should be common sense, even under the influence.

Yeah but it happens more often than you think

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a guy that hates religion, nor am I someone who wants to take religion away. But to read about God when tragedy hits always irked me.

"Prayer is real"...I'm kinda sure they didn't pray to die.

Prayer is a horseshit response to anything, honestly. Instead of prayers, they can ensure the families of the victims are financially covered, especially given how expensive medical care is. Just a way of avoiding action without looking bad, I guess.

I'm not a guy that hates religion, nor am I someone who wants to take religion away. But to read about God when tragedy hits always irked me.

If one person prays for their death and the other for their safety and 50% of them die, who won the prayer duel?

If one person prays for their death and the other for their safety and 50% of them die, who won the prayer duel?

Dammit, why did I laugh at that...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived