Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you gonna kill people because you lost a video game tournament? That shit is crazy to me.

Not that there's any excuse for a single mass shooting in history, but...this guy didn't even have a deeply ingrained hatred for a group of people or anything...he just straight up lost a tournament, left, took the time to gather his shit...then came back and shot people? All because he lost? How do people get like that?

Bro shot the place up because he lost a game which means he was sitting there with a gun that whole time. Until lawmakers do something, we gotta have strong security for events like this.

Guns are clearly the problem, but as long as politicians get paid by NRA and the gun industry, they're not gonna give a shit unless their own family become victims. It sucks because we can prevent tragedies like this from happening or at least, reduce this sort of stuff.

How you gonna kill people because you lost a video game tournament? That shit is crazy to me.

Not that there's any excuse for a single mass shooting in history, but...this guy didn't even have a deeply ingrained hatred for a group of people or anything...he just straight up lost a tournament, left, took the time to gather his shit...then came back and shot people? All because he lost? How do people get like that?

1. Bad temper

2. Desire for revenge

3. Thought he was cheated or robbed

4. If they're playing for money, then he's angry he lost and lost the money, especially if he did win the tournament last year

Guns dont kill people.

People kill people.

Ya'll Mericans still believe this?

Fool shot 11 people, killing 2, and offed himself.

Yes I still believe that. I have to, for the people with guns that don't kill people. Guns don't pull the triggers themselves. You need bodies for that.

Must be nice to live somewhere you don't have to worry about that

Guns dont kill people.

People kill people.

I mean...it's true. Guns physically cannot kill someone without a user.

But, people act as a product of their environment. And this dude's environment was a toxic one filled with sensationalism and romanticism surrounding firearms, as well as a clear "win at all costs" mentality.

It's like...people get all upset about "every kid getting a trophy for participating"...and I think we see here that there are much bigger problems when you are obsessed with always "winning", as opposed to being happy just to participate. This entire situation happened because someone clearly had it in their head that winning was the only thing that mattered. They couldn't bear to lose, and they thought that shooting innocent people was a logical solution to a fleeting failure. So...excuse me for saying so, but I'll take the society that actually teaches their kids that it's okay to lose at something as long as you're having a fun time...

He has a history of at least two hospitalizations in mental facilities and was prescribed anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. They're saying might've stemed from his parents divorce battle in 07. Yet despite that, he was able to get a .45 and a 9 milli form a licensed dealer in Baltimore

He has a history of at least two hospitalizations in mental facilities and was prescribed anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. They're saying might've stemed from his parents divorce battle in 07. Yet despite that, he was able to get a .45 and a 9 milli form a licensed dealer in Baltimore

A divorce in 2007?

So, what they meant to say, is that he was a privileged white kid, and they had to try really hard to find an excuse for him acting a fool, so they went back more than a decade to attempt to find a backstory for him murdering people? Gotcha.

Seriously though...10 years is long enough to get over any divorce. He was clearly a successful tournament gamer, having won a tournament similar to this one in the past. So, it's all excuses at this point. And this kid doesn't sound like he needs excuses to be made for his actions.

Some things screw you up for life and you can never really bounce back from it. It's different from case to case, person to person. Just because you could handle it, or I could handle it (then again if my parents were yelling and screaming every two seconds leading up to it, maybe I couldn't, I dunno) doesn't mean every individual can. I think it's less making excuses and more trying to find the "why"

They why I wanna know is, if he was specifically targeting people, why didn't he go after the two guys that beat him in the tourney? They came out unharmed

A divorce in 2007?

So, what they meant to say, is that he was a privileged white kid, and they had to try really hard to find an excuse for him acting a fool, so they went back more than a decade to attempt to find a backstory for him murdering people? Gotcha.

Seriously though...10 years is long enough to get over any divorce. He was clearly a successful tournament gamer, having won a tournament similar to this one in the past. So, it's all excuses at this point. And this kid doesn't sound like he needs excuses to be made for his actions.

Just wondering, are your parents still married? If they are please dont go around saying things like he should have gotten over it in ten years. Parents getting divorced is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is not something you just get over after a few years.

Some things screw you up for life and you can never really bounce back from it. It's different from case to case, person to person. Just because you could handle it, or I could handle it (then again if my parents were yelling and screaming every two seconds leading up to it, maybe I couldn't, I dunno) doesn't mean every individual can. I think it's less making excuses and more trying to find the "why"

They why I wanna know is, if he was specifically targeting people, why didn't he go after the two guys that beat him in the tourney? They came out unharmed

Thank you. We also need to consider the circumstances that lead to the divorce, was there domestic violence? Was one parent cheating on the other? I know if I witnessed either of those things with my parents it would seriously *Censored* me up as a 23 year old, never mind as a kid.

As for your second point maybe he lost it so much he just did not recognise any particular targets.

Parents getting divorced is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is not something you just get over after a few years.

And neither would I. But, it's also not something that warrants losing your mind to the degree of eventually shooting people ten years after the fact.

Parents getting divorced is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. It is not something you just get over after a few years.

And neither would I. But, it's also not something that warrants losing your mind to the degree of eventually shooting people ten years after the fact.

You dont know, maybe he saw or heard something that brought back some repressed memories and just lost it. Sadly we will never know what was truly going on in his mind.

Guns dont kill people.

People kill people.

Yes I still believe that. I have to, for the people with guns that don't kill people. Guns don't pull the triggers themselves. You need bodies for that.

You don't seem to understand the issue with guns. It makes it easier to kill people from a distance. Yes, people are the ones who pull the trigger, but that's because of how easy it can be to get guns and how easy guns make it to kill.

Guns dont kill people.

People kill people.

You don't seem to understand the issue with guns. It makes it easier to kill people from a distance. Yes, people are the ones who pull the trigger, but that's because of how easy it can be to get guns and how easy guns make it to kill.

I'm sure he understands the issue just fine. He probably just doesn't agree with you.

So EA has canceled every Madden 19 tournament they had planned

Kind of a crazy reaction (unless they were all scheduled for the same venue). If they were sprinkled around the country, then I don't really understand that. It's not like Madden or the fans were ever a target itself. It sounds like a pretty isolated incident of one salty loser. Only reason for a cancellation, I would think, is if the venue is a mess and needs to be cleaned and contained.

Or the guy who did it is just a *Censored*

You don't need to jump through hoops to try and give him "justification"

a *Censored* did a *Censored* thing

So EA has canceled every Madden 19 tournament they had planned

Kind of a crazy reaction (unless they were all scheduled for the same venue). If they were sprinkled around the country, then I don't really understand that. It's not like Madden or the fans were ever a target itself. It sounds like a pretty isolated incident of one salty loser. Only reason for a cancellation, I would think, is if the venue is a mess and needs to be cleaned and contained.

I thought it was damage control, trying to get ahead of people complaining it was in poor taste to continue on (they haven't, I just thought that's what it was at first). But it's "Review of safety protocol"

"Pretty isolated incident", sure, but how many more SlicedBreadseseseses are there out there? How many more salty losers are out there? How many more just looking to add to the fear factor gamer or otherwise out there? Competitors have been saying for years they needed to tighten security on these tourneys because alot of them are use to little or none at all. Now this happens, now eyes are opened, and they need to do what they need to do to prevent it from happening again. It's a good move. The end game in Las Vegas, what all of these were leading up to, hasn't been officially cancelled yet from what I read. That might've changed, but the event is in October. Not sure if they'll have a solution by then

Archived