Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the shooter lost it because he was rejected by a girl.

No that might have been the breaking point but from what reports are saying from interviews it's like the schools like 13 Reasons Why teachers a bullying the kids the kids are bullying each other at least that's what the interviews people from the school are giving

So did he shoot the teacher(s) or that girl? I'm not justifying any of that level of violence but, if you're gonna throw a fit, throw it at the people responsible for causing it."She rejected me, so I'ma shoot YOU". Shooting people already doesn't make any sense, but how can you even begin to understand that logic?

And I know teachers are having salary battles across the nation but they need to suck it the *Censored* up and be the role models they signed up to be or forfeit the title. These parents trusts these teachers to mentor these children but they're constantly taking stress out on them when now more than ever they need to remain vigilant, look for signs of children struggling, and reach out to parents if not the student directly. Don't they still do PTA? Don't they still set up parent/teacher conferences? What the hell has be happening since I got out of school?

They still do have parent teacher conferences but parents dont want to hear their kids are doing bad, if they do they get upset and blame the school for not doing a good job. They treat school like its some sort of daycare service just there to take care of their kids.

Bullying is a shitty excuse and an attempt to deflect blame away from guns.

You talk about others being obsessed with guns. But that's all you seem to talk about.

I know its hard to wrap your mind around it. But maybe...just maybe there is more to this issue than just guns. Do you have any idea how big of an issue bullying is in schools? How it can effect kids? How bullying leads to many kids killing themselves? which is apparently what this kid was going to do originally.

Of course it doesn't make what he did ok, but for you to simply brush it off, because its not what you want to hear, is whats shitty. These schools don't do shit about bullies. Either ignoring it or slapping them on the wrist in most cases.

that's a dumb comparison as others are obsessed with buying more guns for no reason while I'm concerned with the amount of shootings and mass shootings going on.

There are tons of kids being bullied, and they all haven't committed mass shooting. No matter how you go about it, guns are the issue, unless you're gonna tell me guns aren't always used when mass shootings happen. In most cases, guns have been sold to people who were unfit or incompetent to own one, much less own more than 3.

I'm not brushing it off, it's just a shitty excuse to deflect guns. I've seen a lot of people blaming bullying go on to bully the survivors and call them actors. I'd much rather hear bullying was the sole reason for all the mass shootings as it'd be a much simpler way to solve mass shooting. If these victims of bullying didn't have access to guns, then they wouldn't be shooting anyone.

Kids should fight back instead of telling on the bullies or at least, stand their ground. Nothing short of suspension or expulsion will deal with most bullies, it'd likely make things worse as the bullies would just get pissed off and find other ways to make the victims' lives living hell.

When you and other people say shit like this, it's no wonder why the other side fears for gun banning. You may say you're not for it but your posts say otherwise. It's a witch hunt to you. It always has been. You're in complete denial of any factors that contribute to violence and you just want to blame the tool. You have no real evidence to support guns being the problem. Guns dont make people crazy or convince others to cause harm. There's many factors and that's something that is used. You can't regulate intent nor can you always detect it. And to just think that getting rid of access to these guns (which is impossible) you're gonna solve something. You're a fool if you think that.

Also would like to point out that no one is talking about Dixon high school. You hear crickets because the plan of having a resource officer with a gun was able to stop the bad guy. Doesn't fit the agenda though so we'll sweep that under the rug.

You know it's not you have to find the underlying reason and this is the major common thread in every school shooting so common that you can't just overlooked it

What about mass shootings committed by adults? They're likely not bullied. Plus, one of the victim's mom says that the kid likely went on a mass shooting spree because he was rejected by a girl even after harassing her and shit. If everyone who was bullied went on a shooting spree, then there'd be blood everywhere.

A major common thread in every shooting is guns, and how in most cases the person shouldn't have been able to buy a gun legally due to incompetence. Ease of buying guns is the problem, if not guns themselves. You don't see bullied people going on a mass knifing spree despite knives being easier to acquire, or people trying to run over others with vehicles.

You know it's not you have to find the underlying reason and this is the major common thread in every school shooting so common that you can't just overlooked it

What about mass shootings committed by adults? They're likely not bullied. Plus, one of the victim's mom says that the kid likely went on a mass shooting spree because he was rejected by a girl even after harassing her and shit. If everyone who was bullied went on a shooting spree, then there'd be blood everywhere.

A major common thread in every shooting is guns, and how in most cases the person shouldn't have been able to buy a gun legally due to incompetence. Ease of buying guns is the problem, if not guns themselves. You don't see bullied people going on a mass knifing spree despite knives being easier to acquire, or people trying to run over others with vehicles.

You do realize people are different each and every person is affected and handle stuff differently than every other person two people are bully one may be able to be strong rise above it and move on the other one may not and let it fester and grow into hatred

I'm not saying the girl rejection which she did publicly and embarrassed him wasn't the breaking point but it doesn't mean that stuff was leading up to it and the Powder Keg was growing

And you do see Mass knife attacks usually they having an Asian countries and other countries but in America guns are easier to get two knives so guns are more effective and

this kid didn't buy any guns guns they were his father's which was legal so again your point is mute

Getting rid of guns ain't going to do s*** if you don't take away the underlined reasons that pushed a person to use guns because they're just going to find something else AKA lookup bomb recipes or other stuff

The fact that the kids are saying that not only do the students but the teachers as well bully this kid says a lot more you have to deal with the underlying issues

Mental issue I think it's a higher problem in America than guns right now cuz mental issue is always the underlying issue to everyone shooting America has become a culture we don't about other people until something tragic happens and then we come together as one for a little while but we don't hold like that and we go back to her old ways

You do realize people are different each and every person is affected and handle stuff differently than every other person two people are bully one may be able to be strong rise above it and move on the other one may not and let it fester and grow into hatred

I'm not saying the girl rejection which she did publicly and embarrassed him wasn't the breaking point but it doesn't mean that stuff was leading up to it and the Powder Keg was growing

And you do see Mass knife attacks usually they having an Asian countries and other countries but in America guns are easier to get two knives so guns are more effective and

this kid didn't buy any guns guns they were his father's which was legal so again your point is mute

Getting rid of guns ain't going to do s*** if you don't take away the underlined reasons that pushed a person to use guns because they're just going to find something else AKA lookup bomb recipes or other stuff

The fact that the kids are saying that not only do the students but the teachers as well bully this kid says a lot more you have to deal with the underlying issues

Point is, talking about bullying isn't going to stop much, if anything, it's just to deflect that guns are the issue. If bullying caused mass shootings like the right love to claim (one even claimed Ritalin caused the kid to go crazy while another said if there were fewer doors, mass shootings could be prevented or the shooter could be stopped), then we'd see more mass shootings regardless of how different each person is.

But she rejected him because he kept harassing her and refused to take no for an answer. That's not bullying, and it's nothing compared to him constantly pestering her.

I've heard of two or three so far, and there haven't been as many deaths as there would have been with guns. And how are guns easier to get than knives in USA?? You can literally go to any store and buy knives or cleavers whereas you'd have to find a store that sells guns. And again, tons of kids get bullied, but you don't see the kids go on a knifing spree, punching spree, or whatever else.

I mentioned that few posts ago, yes. Doesn't change the fact that he still took his father's guns, and unless they were properly locked up and keys out of reach, the dad failed to keep the guns safe. It also doesn't change the fact that many others who bought guns legally shouldn't have been able to do so.

I never said get rid of guns? I wouldn't even care about gun control if people didn't keep dying every day. And it'd be harder to make bombs and not blow one's self up.

First step is stricter gun control. Make sure parents lock up guns properly and that competent people are able to buy guns. A lot of gun owners have no issue with stricter gun control, even, because they know it won't stop them from buying guns because they're capable of owning guns responsibly.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/texas-shooting-suspect-wont-face-death-penalty-could-be-paroled/507-556194610

Major bullshit. He shouldn't have any chance of getting parole, at all. But we know why he might get paroled in 40 years, and why the person is defending his decisions as a 17-year old not having mental capabilities to know what's right or wrong.

Yup. We dont have a gun problem or a mental health problem, we have a too many doors problem.

Those *censored*ing doors man, I tell you. These republican politicians are trash, blaming anything and everything but guns and lax gun control. I wouldn't be surprised if these politicians started saying kids should be armed as well if the teachers start shooting.

Anyone see the shooter's father says his son is no criminal, he is the victim..wow

He's the victim because he got rejected by a girl and kept on harassing her? Wow.

Death penalty is pointless, the kid wanted to kill himself but was too cowardly to do so. Let him live a long life in torture and misery instead.

I'm more upset that they won't give him the death penalty.

That's because it's illegal to give a minor death penalty according 2 the Constitution

Yeah I know. 17 years old is not a minor in many states though. He shouldn't be tried as a minor. But it is what it is.

I'm more upset that they won't give him the death penalty.

That's because it's illegal to give a minor death penalty according 2 the Constitution

Yeah I know. 17 years old is not a minor in many states though. He shouldn't be tried as a minor. But it is what it is.

Even if he charges adult heel still not be eligible for the death penalty

Archived