Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

He'll he probably just read guns and start typing his reply

If this is directed at me, then screw you.

I always take the time to consider what I'm responding to, and I'm not even as anti-gun as some other people around here. I'm not anti-gun at all, tbh...I just support common sense laws.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people actually need to do a little research on 3d printed guns. It's very doable but it's very complex and very expensive. It's not as doom and gloom as the gun control advocates make it out to be and it isn't really the best example for the pro gunners to use against them in an argument.

Even if it's complex making a homemade gun in your garage not that hard

You still have to make every single part of the gun. Down to the little parts of the gun. For your average person it would be. It's easier to get a hold of a real gun illegally. Why would your average person spend the money to 3d print? Short answer. They won't. They really wouldn't be able too.

You may also find it interesting that the high amounts of 3d printing guns are found in places with high gun control. Places like Australia for instance. They aren't the most reliable and are just as if not more dangerous to the shooter but those that are exploring are finding alternatives. The people you have to worry about are criminals and they are going to find the cheapest illegal way to get them. 3d printing is not one of those ways. So no it shouldn't be illegal and people really shouldn't fearmonger over it.

You still have to make every single part of the gun. Down to the little parts of the gun. For your average person it would be. It's easier to get a hold of a real gun illegally. Why would your average person spend the money to 3d print? Short answer. They won't. They really wouldn't be able too.

You may also find it interesting that the high amounts of 3d printing guns are found in places with high gun control. Places like Australia for instance. They aren't the most reliable and are just as if not more dangerous to the shooter but those that are exploring are finding alternatives. The people you have to worry about are criminals and they are going to find the cheapest illegal way to get them. 3d printing is not one of those ways. So no it shouldn't be illegal and people really shouldn't fearmonger over it.

Right now it may be expensive & awkward, but who's to say that 30 years from now the process of 3D printing wouldn't have been made simpler and cheaper? Nothing wrong with stamping out the embers before they become a fire. Why wait until yet another mass shooting before we do anything?

You don't even have to use a 3D printer to make a gun you can make a firing gun and maybe less than 6 hours in your garage if you knew what you're doing

People make bombs at home...sometimes simple, sometimes quite elaborate. If someone is blacklisted from being able to legally buy a gun...3D printing would be yet another way for them to get their paws on one. And the short answer is simply, there is no reason for it to be allowed. Go to the gun shop, go through the proper venues, and buy one legally. Gun advocates need to stop pushing for more and more ridiculous leeway on common sense shit that they don't *censored*ing need.

I've said it time and time again, and I'll keep saying it. Gun advocates aren't in favor of protecting the rights of gun ownership, they're in favor of having as many guns in the world as possible...and that is a problem. If 3D printing a gun is "too expensive" and "too difficult" for your average gun owner to do...then why the *Censored* are people pushing for it to happen? Who does it really benefit? Crime rings, probably. Someone who has a steady flow of cash, who can set up a warehouse somewhere with 3D printers just chugging away. Yeah...sounds about right.

I mean...really, do you think this is for the "hobbyist" who thinks it would be "neat" to make his own gun from a 3D printer? Laughable notion. It's just a way to completely do away with all existing gun laws by saying "well, now 3D printed guns exist, so we might as well stop trying to keep registered ones off the street". It's the next phase in the never-ending push for everyone and their mother to own a gun...and it's ridiculous. It's a problem. Gun ownership is a responsible choice, not "the American Dream" like owning a car and a house, and a white picket fence. Gun culture is a runaway train right now. And it needs to have a roadblock at some point...whether the "offended snowflake" gun lovers are going to bitch or not.

Well we were discussing 3d printing Austin, but yeah you can devise much simpler weapons and do it more affordably. Sure.

Okay I counter you do not have to create the little pieces of a gun you can just buy them they're not track all you need for 3D printer is to make the casing everything else you can buy offline so really you're only using the 3D printer to make the casing which isn't hard

Right now it may be expensive & awkward, but who's to say that 30 years from now the process of 3D printing wouldn't have been made simpler and cheaper? Nothing wrong with stamping out the embers before they become a fire. Why wait until yet another mass shooting before we do anything?

Stomping out embers of what? This isn't even embers. Besides, you'll just create another issue with the black market. What is regulation going to do exactly anyway? You will just have people continue to either break the law or find a way around it. Also you can already purchase 80% lowers and finish them at home for much cheaper. I also highly doubt there will be a mass shooting with a 3d printed gun anytime soon. If there is I would have to call shenanigans involved.

Is it really the criminals laying their loaded guns around for their children to grab?

Well that's another end of the whole issue. We were talking about criminals making these weapons at home. As far as your point goes, no it's not just criminals but that's a problem that gun owners should work on.

People make bombs at home...sometimes simple, sometimes quite elaborate. If someone is blacklisted from being able to legally buy a gun...3D printing would be yet another way for them to get their paws on one. And the short answer is simply, there is no reason for it to be allowed. Go to the gun shop, go through the proper venues, and buy one legally. Gun advocates need to stop pushing for more and more ridiculous leeway on common sense shit that they don't *censored*ing need.

I've said it time and time again, and I'll keep saying it. Gun advocates aren't in favor of protecting the rights of gun ownership, they're in favor of having as many guns in the world as possible...and that is a problem. If 3D printing a gun is "too expensive" and "too difficult" for your average gun owner to do...then why the *Censored* are people pushing for it to happen? Who does it really benefit? Crime rings, probably. Someone who has a steady flow of cash, who can set up a warehouse somewhere with 3D printers just chugging away. Yeah...sounds about right.

I mean...really, do you think this is for the "hobbyist" who thinks it would be "neat" to make his own gun from a 3D printer? Laughable notion. It's just a way to completely do away with all existing gun laws by saying "well, now 3D printed guns exist, so we might as well stop trying to keep registered ones off the street". It's the next phase in the never-ending push for everyone and their mother to own a gun...and it's ridiculous. It's a problem. Gun ownership is a responsible choice, not "the American Dream" like owning a car and a house, and a white picket fence. Gun culture is a runaway train right now. And it needs to have a roadblock at some point...whether the "offended snowflake" gun lovers are going to bitch or not.

Cool story bro. Also you create gun running and crime rings because of heavy regulations. This is not rocket science. What you would propose would only intensify the problem. Heavy regulation is the problem with most things. Guns, business, drugs, ect.. You realize that your mindset is why gun culture is growing exponentially, right? Also you're not really helping yourself by using quotes around hobbyists. Like there isn't such a thing. Gtfo lol

Well we were discussing 3d printing Austin, but yeah you can devise much simpler weapons and do it more affordably. Sure.

Okay I counter you do not have to create the little pieces of a gun you can just buy them they're not track all you need for 3D printer is to make the casing everything else you can buy offline so really you're only using the 3D printer to make the casing which isn't hard

Yeah in the case of like a lower receiver of an AR-15 but like I said above, you can buy 80% lowers and do that yourself much cheaper. Either way though. 3D printed or not. It doesn't really matter. Shit like this is going to keep happening no matter how cheap it gets or how many laws are passed. Life uuuuuhhh...finds a way.

3D printing guns lmfao. Can't buy one cuz you're not allowed? it's fine, just print one. now you can kill everyone!

Cool story bro. Also you create gun running and crime rings because of heavy regulations. This is not rocket science. What you would propose would only intensify the problem. Heavy regulation is the problem with most things. Guns, business, drugs, ect.. You realize that your mindset is why gun culture is growing exponentially, right? Also you're not really helping yourself by using quotes around hobbyists. Like there isn't such a thing. Gtfo lol

Actually, that would be because the NRA know that it's easy to lie to, and manipulate their base into believing that end times are coming, and that everyone wants to take the guns that they already have. But, I'll humor you, and let you think that you're a badass "think-for-your-selfer" who feels very strongly about gun rights...blah, blah, blah...second amendment, liberty, freedom (and all the other buzz words that people love to pretend only apply to themselves). Arm every single person in the world. Eventually the shootings will become so frequent that we'll all just shrug and say "death is part of life". Which I'm pretty sure is where we're at anyway.

And how exactly do you propose that making 3D printing illegal would create gun running and crime rings? Again, you're just saying shit that makes no sense here...

I don't know how many times I have to emphasize that I am not "anti-gun"...so I don't know why it's "my" "mentality" that is the problem. I'm pretty sure the real reason why guns get as much resistance as they do, is for the exact reason that there are so many complete dingle-shits who go out after a massive tragedy and buy more and more firearms. So, I'm pretty sure that you and the rest of your "all the guns in the world" brethren are just too out of touch to understand that you're causing your own resistance by failing to connect with anything even remotely grounded on the human level.

And I still beg the question - if 3D printing guns is so inconvenient, then WHY THE *Censored* ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING IN FAVOR OF IT? Common sense shit...that no one *censored*ing needs. Just like 95% of the gun legislation that gun-nuts put so much effort into fighting. Stop fighting for shit you don't need, and you'll stop looking like scum. Mentally unstable people should be stopped from buying firearms, no one needs to be able to 3D print a gun in their home...common...*censored*ing...sense. There are so many fights in this world that are not worth the time or energy that go into them...and gun people love to fight those battles to their own detriment...every goddamn day.

How many people do you really think would have a strong opinion against guns if things were just left as they are currently? No. People get pissed at gun-supporters because they act like *censored*ing lunatics, and they constantly push for bills that help absolutely no one and only serve to put people at risk. Own your guns. Own reasonable guns, at a reasonable quantity...and shut the hell up about it. That's what life is supposed to be like. Stop fighting for people with mental illness to own guns. Stop fighting for shorter buying periods. Stop fighting for bigger, and deadlier, and more. Stop rushing out to buy more guns after a school or a club gets massacred. Be responsible. Raising the stock of gun companies after a horrific shooting (because you're scared and you panic (just like you've been trained to do by the NRA, who make a shit load of money off special interests) is NOT responsible gun ownership. Use common sense.

Making 3D printing guns illegal could actually cause problems if more and more people actually learn how to make decent enough guns simply because there'd be no registration or anything, and people can buy it illegally at a high price. It's the same way US saw the rise of mafia/gangsters during the Prohibition.

As long as the guns work well enough, people will pay more to buy guns that can't be traced back to them.

3D printing guns lmfao. Can't buy one cuz you're not allowed? it's fine, just print one. now you can kill everyone!

Remember broski, guns dont kill people, people kill people. So just outlaw the bad guys and problem solved. At least thats what I heard some retard say once.

Actually, that would be because the NRA know that it's easy to lie to, and manipulate their base into believing that end times are coming, and that everyone wants to take the guns that they already have. But, I'll humor you, and let you think that you're a badass "think-for-your-selfer" who feels very strongly about gun rights...blah, blah, blah...second amendment, liberty, freedom (and all the other buzz words that people love to pretend only apply to themselves). Arm every single person in the world. Eventually the shootings will become so frequent that we'll all just shrug and say "death is part of life". Which I'm pretty sure is where we're at anyway.

And how exactly do you propose that making 3D printing illegal would create gun running and crime rings? Again, you're just saying shit that makes no sense here...

I don't know how many times I have to emphasize that I am not "anti-gun"...so I don't know why it's "my" "mentality" that is the problem. I'm pretty sure the real reason why guns get as much resistance as they do, is for the exact reason that there are so many complete dingle-shits who go out after a massive tragedy and buy more and more firearms. So, I'm pretty sure that you and the rest of your "all the guns in the world" brethren are just too out of touch to understand that you're causing your own resistance by failing to connect with anything even remotely grounded on the human level.

And I still beg the question - if 3D printing guns is so inconvenient, then WHY THE *Censored* ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING IN FAVOR OF IT? Common sense shit...that no one *censored*ing needs. Just like 95% of the gun legislation that gun-nuts put so much effort into fighting. Stop fighting for shit you don't need, and you'll stop looking like scum. Mentally unstable people should be stopped from buying firearms, no one needs to be able to 3D print a gun in their home...common...*censored*ing...sense. There are so many fights in this world that are not worth the time or energy that go into them...and gun people love to fight those battles to their own detriment...every goddamn day.

How many people do you really think would have a strong opinion against guns if things were just left as they are currently? No. People get pissed at gun-supporters because they act like *censored*ing lunatics, and they constantly push for bills that help absolutely no one and only serve to put people at risk. Own your guns. Own reasonable guns, at a reasonable quantity...and shut the hell up about it. That's what life is supposed to be like. Stop fighting for people with mental illness to own guns. Stop fighting for shorter buying periods. Stop fighting for bigger, and deadlier, and more. Stop rushing out to buy more guns after a school or a club gets massacred. Be responsible. Raising the stock of gun companies after a horrific shooting (because you're scared and you panic (just like you've been trained to do by the NRA, who make a shit load of money off special interests) is NOT responsible gun ownership. Use common sense.

For one, what exactly are you trying to prove? By mocking people that promote liberty and the constitution you're just coming across as a douche. Are you seriously under the impression that I promote and am a member of the NRA? That I'm somehow being duped by them? lol god I hope you're not that dumb.

And it makes perfect sense. When you make things illegal or heavily regulated, you will create an underground market for those things. Because people won't stop doing it. Just how shit goes. Also you mentioned crime rings first. But when you have those organizations (we'll call them that) running drugs and guns of any kind it's because they are doing it to get around regulations and laws. The more you add the worse it gets. What I'm saying is an attempt to register or keep tabs on weapons and serial numbers is already hard enough. By cracking down and adding laws to certain things you deem unnecessary, you will only drive those to find new ways to get around it. What you'll find is a never ending cycle and eventually you'll realize that no matter what you do it won't stop a damn thing.

Also by creating an issue out of it you're actually driving innovations of things like 3D printing guns. Fear mongering doesn't just come from the NRA and rednecks. It comes from the left as well that constantly talk about how we don't need this and that and freak out over every little thing. You're putting more guns into hands of people than the NRA's propaganda. You can thank your own bullshit for that actually. So quit trying propagate that nonsense.

It's never been about a question of need and it's not as shallow as that with most. You can continue to use the left's bullshit propaganda and mock me and other gun owners but none of your assumptions were even close to factual. Fact is it makes you sound like a douche bag. Quit acting on your emotion and bad attitude to make an argument and people might take you more seriously.

I've covered everything I need to say already so most of that last paragraph of yours was just trash. And it's not your business or anyone else's to say what I need so get over yourself.

Making 3D printing guns illegal could actually cause problems if more and more people actually learn how to make decent enough guns simply because there'd be no registration or anything, and people can buy it illegally at a high price. It's the same way US saw the rise of mafia/gangsters during the Prohibition.

As long as the guns work well enough, people will pay more to buy guns that can't be traced back to them.

See even M3J gets it.

Remember broski, guns dont kill people, people kill people. So just outlaw the bad guys and problem solved. At least thats what I heard some retard say once.

Interesting. One could say that it's just as if not more "retarded" to say that taking away a weapon will prevent someone from killing another. Hmm.

Little do these idiots realize that guns make it easy to kill people, hence the issue.

Little do these idiots realize that guns make it easy to kill people, hence the issue.

Dude most realize that guns make it easier to kill people in many circumstances. I don't ever hear pro gunners argue against that.

For one, what exactly are you trying to prove? By mocking people that promote liberty and the constitution you're just coming across as a douche.

Hard LOL @ thinking that's what I'm doing.

Cool propaganda, though; You must have left your backup singers at church.

For one, what exactly are you trying to prove? By mocking people that promote liberty and the constitution you're just coming across as a douche.

Hard LOL @ thinking that's what I'm doing.

Cool propaganda, though; You must have left your backup singers at church.

Lol whatever dude. Keep telling yourself that. Your arguments are trash propaganda and attitude is shit. Your assumptions are way off base.

But no keeping doin you. It's working so well. For the other side anyway.

What a mess. My apologies for even mentioning this case. The reason I haven't discussed it much, is because apparently unlike everyone here I don't know enough about the topic to give my full opinion. But I knew once Gen started comparing it to downloading illegal movies that any debate was a lost cause.

The technology is certainly interesting. For those who believe guns are a right and want to protect a full ban from ever happening. This sort of tech will help prevent that from ever happening. From what I've read about the actual case and the reasoning behind the decision, I have no problem with the ruling. Also I have to continue to shake my head at the notion that more guns = equal bad. Despite statistics proving that to be false. Or that apparently anyone with a different opinion is brainwashed by the NRA despite only a tiny percentage of gun owners actually being a member.

Archived