Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

My thoughts go out to the victims of this tragedy, untill we cure what ails the human heart this stuff will continue. If people want to do stuff like this, they will find a way regardless of how many laws are in place. Banning things out of fear, does nothing but hurt the regular people. The Boston marathon bombers used a rice cooker, do you want to ban rice cookers too ? And the Oklahoma bombings used diesel and fertilizer. You can make a napalm like substance with a few household chemicals, all legal. Where there is a will there is a way, and nothing we can do will change that.

The items you mentioned have practical uses. Their primary purpose isnt to kill or injure. People arent buying guns to whisk their eggs in the morning are they.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nerve gas is a serious stretch. A knife is a tool (sharp objects will always exist)...and they have a very limited range of attack anyway...and IED's require knowledge of how to build explosives. So...yeah, the obvious answer is still that your average "rampager" is going to use firearms...and better regulation remains to be the best answer. Lol.

Nerve gas is a serious stretch. A knife is a tool (sharp objects will always exist)...and they have a very limited range of attack anyway...and IED's require knowledge of how to build explosives. So...yeah, the obvious answer is still that your average "rampager" is going to use firearms...and better regulation remains to be the best answer. Lol.

That's still subjective. And you won't even elaborate on what kind of mental evaluation they are missing or what better background checks mean. Are you suggesting or willing to invade more people's privacy to find out whether or not they can have a gun? How would you determine who is mentally incapable of owing a firearm if they have no history? What exactly is on the books now that isn't enough for you or is that it? If it's so clear of an answer and it truly is the best option then surely you can elaborate.

Bdon what do you suggest? Seriously. What do you think should be done to slow this down? Please don't tell me nothing, because clearly nobody likes this happening so there has to be an answer, and since you guys don't like what has been suggested, what is a better alternative in your opinion?

We've taken every step we can take in your opinion yet we still get hit with mass shootings too many times a year, so as a country that goes more often than most other countries, what do we do?

There's an actual fear that people have that a coworker will one day get fired, come back and shoot the place up. That's not seen as far fetched which says a whole lot.

i was just using those as an example of where there is a will, there is a way as not every whackjob uses guns, some use explosives, others use nerve gas, knives, IED's, ect..

er, they aren't used as much as guns are, except for possibly knives. But even then, would you go on a killing spree or choose to kill someone with a knife, or would you choose guns?

And for the most part, guns are not necessary. They literally have no other use than to end lives. Knives have multiple uses, as do vans, cars, and most other examples you can think of.

The gun freaks' side literally has no argument as to why there shouldn't be stricter gun control laws, and very few good counters as to why guns shouldn't be banned.

Bdon what do you suggest? Seriously. What do you think should be done to slow this down? Please don't tell me nothing, because clearly nobody likes this happening so there has to be an answer, and since you guys don't like what has been suggested, what is a better alternative in your opinion?

We've taken every step we can take in your opinion yet we still get hit with mass shootings too many times a year, so as a country that goes more often than most other countries, what do we do?

There's an actual fear that people have that a coworker will one day get fired, come back and shoot the place up. That's not seen as far fetched which says a whole lot.

It's up to us to compromise though, and by "compromise," do absolutely nothing because more guns for more people! /sarcasm

There's nothing else to do but put out stricter gun control, keep assault rifles and automatic weapons away and make sure it gets confiscated, and make sure people aren't selling guns to anyone. Honestly, not trying to ban guns is a compromise in itself, especially since we don't really need it.

Answering my question with a question. I've gave my stance again and again. I'll tell you my stance again but instead of redirecting to me and dodging, why don't you and Gen go and elaborate on what you think we need.

i was just using those as an example of where there is a will, there is a way as not every whackjob uses guns, some use explosives, others use nerve gas, knives, IED's, ect..

er, they aren't used as much as guns are, except for possibly knives. But even then, would you go on a killing spree or choose to kill someone with a knife, or would you choose guns?

And for the most part, guns are not necessary. They literally have no other use than to end lives. Knives have multiple uses, as do vans, cars, and most other examples you can think of.

The gun freaks' side literally has no argument as to why there shouldn't be stricter gun control laws, and very few good counters as to why guns shouldn't be banned.

It's up to us to compromise though, and by "compromise," do absolutely nothing because more guns for more people! /sarcasm

There's nothing else to do but put out stricter gun control, keep assault rifles and automatic weapons away and make sure it gets confiscated, and make sure people aren't selling guns to anyone. Honestly, not trying to ban guns is a compromise in itself, especially since we don't really need it.

Never go full Nazi.

What kind of dumb response is that? It's Nazism to not want people to die? To want to prevent mass shooting by making sure assault rifles and automatic guns aren't sold or owned by anyone? to state that guns are unnecessary, but willing to compromise by stricter gun control?

Answering my question with a question. I've gave my stance again and again. I'll tell you my stance again but instead of redirecting to me and dodging, why don't you and Gen go and elaborate on what you think we need.

I don't know what suggestions you've made which is why I asked. If I didn't see it then my bad but I have also given ideas too. I said to ban lethal ammunition for guns that aren't pistols and hunting rifles. Buyback the other ammunition or melt it down for all I care. Would it cure everything? No. Would it make these mass shootings less deadly? I think so. Plastic bullets, rubber bullets, whatever.

Dumbass award goes to this guy

Josh Saul Wed, Oct 11 10:52 AM EDT

A New York City man allegedly sent emails to a Denver company in which he threatened a Las Vegas repeat, presumably referring to the recent mass shooting there, while the FBI is investigating a social media post that expressed admiration for the shooter, Stephen Paddock, and said Charlottesville, Virginia, schools should be the next target.

According to a criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday, Victor Casillas, 34, invoked the Las Vegas shooting in an attempt to extort money from the Denver companythreatening to fly to Colorado and shoot company employees if it didnt pay him $100.

Never go full Nazi.

What? How is wanting to put out stricter gun control Nazism? The purpose of gun control is to stop mass shootings and violence, and Nazis believe in using violence. What you said made absolutely no sense. It's about the same as responding to a guy talking about ending racism by saying " Never go full KKK".

What? How is wanting to put out stricter gun control Nazism? The purpose of gun control is to stop mass shootings and violence, and Nazis believe in using violence. What you said made absolutely no sense. It's about the same as responding to a guy talking about ending racism by saying " Never go full KKK".

The Nazi part probably was in reference to M3J talking about confiscating guns.....which is something that was done by the Nazi's in Germany.

the Nazi gun control theory.

Is counterfactual history to explain why the jews didn't fight back there no proof that even if they did have the gun control they could of stop what happen.at the time news jews were only 1% of the population

Odds are it wouldn't have matter the nra and others use this theory as a way to to keep guns

The Nazi part probably was in reference to M3J talking about confiscating guns.....which is something that was done by the Nazi's in Germany.

from 'sub-humans'. And Hitler ate sugar, so eating sugar is Nazism?

Is counterfactual history to explain why the jews didn't fight back there no proof that even if they did have the gun control they could of stop what happen.at the time news jews were only 1% of the population

Odds are it wouldn't have matter the nra and others use this theory as a way to to keep guns

They fought back when they could. The Warsaw uprising for example.

Ultimately it has no relevance to this topic. Since nobody in power is presently plotting to take gunz away from "sub-humans" and then put them in concentration camps.

from 'sub-humans'. And Hitler ate sugar, so eating sugar is Nazism?

They fought back when they could. The Warsaw uprising for example.

Ultimately it has no relevance to this topic. Since nobody in power is presently plotting to take gunz away from "sub-humans" and then put them in concentration camps.

I no they fought back someplace I was mostly talking about nazi gun control had no effect on there fate

Don't people usually attack AustinFan anyway? But at least they present a good argument.

Funnily enough, fact is that we don't need AR-15, assault rifles, or whatnot. And people have the right to live without fear of mass shooting or shooting in general, and yet the right for even people who shouldn't have a gun to own multiple is somehow important, which is nonsense. People also have a right to healthcare without going bankrupt, and yet somehow one side believes the right to own guns is more important.

So much bullshit.

Archived