Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how it's b.s. when is the 2nd amendment of the constitution. Weird. I think most are just pissed that it's a right and healthcare isn't.

Which they should be, because thats the very definition of backwards logic.

I'm not a troll nor am I trying to start shit. I just have a different opinion and express it. No crime disagreeing and debating people. I also don't base everything off of pure emotion like most do here so people just get pissed. I haven't derailed anything or got off topic here, until now because of you being dramatic.

At least twenty according to a source, but I think it's a left-wing leaning source so it might not be true.

But can you promise you won't? How do we know you won't get pissed off because of a shitty driver and start shooting? How do we know you won't go on a spree because you've been rejected by multiple women (this has actually happened, I think?)? Can you guarantee no one else will steal your guns and start massacring people? What even is the point of owning more than two or three guns anyway?

Sure.....I promise.

Now what you probably mean is does my promise hold any weight to anyone but myself and of course not. No more than I can promise I wont build a bomb and set it off during a marathon. No more than you can promise not to want to kill the President, considering the number of times you said you'd be ok with his death.

In regards to the number of guns someone might hold, its really a meaningless stat. For example I have a gun for protection, I have guns for different types of hunting. You're likely not going to shoot a squirrel with the same gun you'd shoot a deer or larger animal with. And of course I have other guns that have been passed down from my grandparents or great grandparents. They don't get used but I also have no plans of ever getting rid of them.

Awesome all the people that were just actively trying to deny football players' first amendment when they harmed no one are now preaching the value of the constitution and the second amendment when dozens of innocent people are dying and hundreds injured/scarred for life

At least twenty according to a source, but I think it's a left-wing leaning source so it might not be true.

But can you promise you won't? How do we know you won't get pissed off because of a shitty driver and start shooting? How do we know you won't go on a spree because you've been rejected by multiple women (this has actually happened, I think?)? Can you guarantee no one else will steal your guns and start massacring people? What even is the point of owning more than two or three guns anyway?

Sure.....I promise.

Now what you probably mean is does my promise hold any weight to anyone but myself and of course not. No more than I can promise I wont build a bomb and set it off during a marathon. No more than you can promise not to want to kill the President, considering the number of times you said you'd be ok with his death.

In regards to the number of guns someone might hold, its really a meaningless stat. For example I have a gun for protection, I have guns for different types of hunting. You're likely not going to shoot a squirrel with the same gun you'd shoot a deer or larger animal with. And of course I have other guns that have been passed down from my grandparents or great grandparents. They don't get used but I also have no plans of ever getting rid of them.

I'm referencing also something that was written in an earlier post...

But stuff like this actually does matter. For exemple with one automatc rifle or more, you can kill faster and easier... that's the whole point. And much more than just a handgun. So why wouldn't be acceptable to ban automatic weapons or assault rifles (they are called assault for a reason, not "defence")? Because it makes a HUGE difference if it was 60 people dead and 500 injured, or 5 dead.

Now that's just a "little" thing, without the argument about guns in general, and is something that could be considered as a compromise (though tbh, I'm for banning it alltogether or restricting it as much as possible)

And also, I'm sensing that this thing will won't get resolved and the whole country will implode, because as it seems, collective awearness about the issue and no matter the argument and reason behind it, there is no progress... While money is exachanging hands and those who actually have a say in the gun control, will just enjoy it and not care.

Automatic or 'assault' weapons are already banned to the general public so the argument is kind of invalid. Even in the states that would allow such weapons, it takes a lot of time, a lot of hoops, and a whole lot of money that most don't have to obtain them legally. The weapons we have now such as the ar-15 are semi-automatic and not actual 'assault' weapons. Just an fyi.

Also this site not showing the first posts you type is starting to get annoying, lol.

I feel so sorry for all these people. Saw the videos on tv yesterday when I came from work and saw the shooting, people covering themselves or running, it was horrible. :(

They say 58 are dead and over 500 injured in the meantime.

Didn't heard anything new tonight but there was a woman recognized being with him in the hotel but leaving before he started the shooting.

Did they found her yet?

As about the weapon, it sounded like a half automatic or automatic to me due to how rapid the shots were going.

And also, I'm sensing that this thing will won't get resolved and the whole country will implode, because as it seems, collective awearness about the issue and no matter the argument and reason behind it, there is no progress... While money is exachanging hands and those who actually have a say in the gun control, will just enjoy it and not care.

I think this is the first step. Before we talk about any kind of laws, regulations or bans. I think people need to have awareness about what they are talking about. This isn't directed at you or anybody on this thread. But there are a lot of misconception, ones that Bdon just mentioned a few posts ago and the video below also highlights (Skip to about 4:10 when they start talking about AR-15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJ_4YhYMhE

"nearly 70% of shootings were done with handguns"... well that's just using the statistics wrong. But this is just an example.

All in all, this video is funny actually I guess :lol: it just "makes fun" of people and has no merrit actually.

And no it's not a blatant false information. Just because it's marketed as a "modern sports rifle", doesn't mean it's not an assualt rifle.

And @nwokevin I would agree yes... generally, but in this case... Obviously it's not working. And most people are just selfish and ignorant. There is something to be done about this here issue and stop mass shootings from happening.

People always say, one tragedy is too many... but this is getting way abnormal.

EDIT: and yes NRA does sell guns, lmao, that's the whole point of them.

"nearly 70% of shootings were done with handguns"... well that's just using the statistics wrong. But this is just an example.

All in all, this video is funny actually I guess :lol: it just "makes fun" of people and has no merrit actually.

And no it's not a blatant false information. Just because it's marketed as a "modern sports rifle", doesn't mean it's not an assualt rifle.

And @nwokevin I would agree yes... generally, but in this case... Obviously it's not working. And most people are just selfish and ignorant. There is something to be done about this here issue and stop mass shootings from happening.

People always say, one tragedy is too many... but this is getting way abnormal.

EDIT: and yes NRA does sell guns, lmao, that's the whole point of them.

Dude listen, at this point I feel like you're either not seeing the point or you are ignoring it. I'm really not trying to be an ass but what you're saying is nonsense. An assault rifle is a political term used to scare people. But if you want the popular meaning of it, it's a fully automatic weapon or machine gun. AR-15's are not the same thing. They only look similar. They are no different than you're other semi-auto hunting rifles out there.

Secondly the video has plenty of merit with the information he gives and the little information people actually know about the firearms they want banned. Also the NRA doesn't sell weapons. They are a club of advocates. Manufactures make the guns and sell them to vendors to sell to retailers or shops and they sell to the public.

Sure.....I promise.

Being okay with his death is different from wanting to kill him. But again, guns. Pretty sure there have been tons of people who didn't expect to kill someone with their guns, and yet it happened.

Nevertheless, no one needs to own that many guns unless they plan on going to war or on a shooting spree or something.

AR-15 isn't a Automatic Gun or Assault Rifle it's a Semi-Automatic Rifle. The only problem is that there are LEGAL kits that you can buy, to make it a Automatic. Which is illegal, that's the funny part and why people want it banned. I can YouTube how to make the thing an automatic weapon.

That's an awful loophole tbh. There's always a way round.

Archived