Reversals in WWE2k18

.TheRancidKid

I have a question in regards to the reversals system this year. I've looked around but haven't found any info on it. Looking to see if someone knows something I may have overlooked.

In WWE2K17 and many years prior (WWE13 being an exception, if I remember correctly) reversing has been PAINFULLY easy. I remember a time when reversing was difficult, and there was only a very small window of opportunity to successfully pull off a reversal. But now, I can't seem to have fun anymore. Maybe I played too much, I don't know.

But I know many people like me who love having friends over, and the matches end up being 45 minutes long because it's reversal city. And god forbid you have a standing grapple as a finisher, good luck ever hitting it. Ever since they added that stupid generic grapple animation that takes place before most grapples, it is just too easy to reverse. Legendary difficult is a joke after a while, and I'm not trying to be arrogant. I adjusted all my sliders too, but still far too easy.

Does anyone know if the reversals have been tweaked? I'm not asking for a completely new system, but if anyone knows if any adjustments were made and could let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, typing on my phone here. Thank you.

The only thing I know for definite is that there is a mini game to break out of the new carry moves - which works the same as when you try to push the ladder over (tap circle to fill the meter)

I'm fairly sure you can tweak the reversal difficulty in the game settings.

The only thing I know for definite is that there is a mini game to break out of the new carry moves - which works the same as when you try to push the ladder over (tap circle to fill the meter)

I appreciate it. Also, I did mention I already tweaked the reversal sliders in the game. But thank you anyways!

I don't remember which one but I think one had 3 reversal so you had to guess either strike, grapple, or finisher. Nowadays unless you turn off the reversal limit then it shouldn't be too hard to hit your finisher. Either wait for a major reversal or just force them to burn all their reversals before you do it.

I don't remember which one but I think one had 3 reversal so you had to guess either strike, grapple, or finisher. Nowadays unless you turn off the reversal limit then it shouldn't be too hard to hit your finisher. Either wait for a major reversal or just force them to burn all their reversals before you do it.

I probably should have specified, reversal limit is off in my game. I had turned it off due to the fact that I dislike artificial limitations like that, and the fact that it is very exploitable. Against humans or other computers, once they are down to one reversal you can keep exploiting it by stomping them over and over again. Perhaps I'm shooting for the stars, I was just hoping they had turned the reversals a bit to make them more difficult. Thanks everyone.

I appreciate it. Also, I did mention I already tweaked the reversal sliders in the game. But thank you anyways!

No problem, we're all waiting to see all revealed next month!!

I probably should have specified, reversal limit is off in my game. I had turned it off due to the fact that I dislike artificial limitations like that, and the fact that it is very exploitable. Against humans or other computers, once they are down to one reversal you can keep exploiting it by stomping them over and over again. Perhaps I'm shooting for the stars, I was just hoping they had turned the reversals a bit to make them more difficult. Thanks everyone.

Well...that would just cause endless frustration though.

And you can always adjust the reversal window in the options AND, most importantly, in the attributes of the wrestlers themselves. My CAWs all have low ratings, making reversal much rarer and much more difficult.

And if you want to exploit the Reversal limit, that's on you, not the game :P

And you can always adjust the reversal window in the options AND, most importantly, in the attributes of the wrestlers themselves. My CAWs all have low ratings, making reversal much rarer and much more difficult.

Trust me when I tell you, I have reduced all reversal attributes on my CAWs to 30 (the lowest possible) and I already adjusted the reversal sliders in the game balancing to 0. And it is still way too easy :/

Trust me when I tell you, I have reduced all reversal attributes on my CAWs to 30 (the lowest possible) and I already adjusted the reversal sliders in the game balancing to 0. And it is still way too easy :/

Sill on you. After a while you will always get the hang of it.

There are people who can always get headshots in some FPS games. Not because it's. It's because they're used to it. There are people who can kick out of almost every single pin attempt. There are also people unable to kick out of every single pin attempt. It's just the nature of gaming.

Sill on you. After a while you will always get the hang of it.

There are people who can always get headshots in some FPS games. Not because it's. It's because they're used to it. There are people who can kick out of almost every single pin attempt. There are also people unable to kick out of every single pin attempt. It's just the nature of gaming.

While I understand what you're saying, you're not entirely true. If I remember correctly, in Smackdown vs Raw, in order to reverse a move you had to press the reversal button at the same time as your opponent pressed the action button. In addition to this, there were also two separate reversal buttons to accommodate strikes and grapples.

This newer "press the reversal button right before the grapple animation connects" system is far too easy on my opinion. In the old days of SVR, it was far more random because you had to press the reversal button AS your opponent pressed their grapple/strike button. Which is obviously much more difficult unless you are looking at your opponents controller. Now you just wait for that generic grapple animation to connect, and you know to reverse just before it.

So I was just looking to see if they had adjusted it to be more difficult like the older games.

It wasn't harder. It was just more random.

Thus, it was more difficult to reverse. I don't know why we are debating that.

Because randomness isn't difficult? It's straight up impossible or pure luck, leading, once again, to nothing but frustration.

It's a simulation game. You don't actually have to attempt to reverse every move.

It wasn't harder. It was just more random.

Thus, it was more difficult to reverse. I don't know why we are debating that.

Because randomness isn't difficult? It's straight up impossible or pure luck, leading, once again, to nothing but frustration.

It's a simulation game. You don't actually have to attempt to reverse every move.

Is it a pure simulation game though? Try telling that to people online, or competitive players.

Anyways, the point of the topic wasnt to debate if the game is a simulation game, or if randomness equates to difficulty. It was to ask if anyone has heard of any changes to the reversal system.

I much preferred the way it was in early Smackdown Vs RAW. And I don't really remember anyone complaining about it being too "random".

But alas, my question has pretty much been answered.

I think the limited reversals is a good idea, it adds a new strategic element to the game. When should you use them? if you use them all up too fast you're *censored*ed etc. I'd say it's fine where it's at with the limited amount. I do think they recharge a little to quickly though, when someone has all 5 slots they're basically never run out.

I think the limited reversals is a good idea, it adds a new strategic element to the game. When should you use them? if you use them all up too fast you're *censored*ed etc. I'd say it's fine where it's at with the limited amount. I do think they recharge a little to quickly though, when someone has all 5 slots they're basically never run out.

Yeah that's a good point, Muur. Perhaps I should re-enable them and try that for a while. I remember not being too fond of the system in the beginning but perhaps I'm using it wrong.

yeah, the counter/reversal system in this series kinda blows. I do love having minor and major reversals, I just wish they were weight or style specific. I hate seeing Andre and Big Show reversing things like a cruiserweight!

I hope they've fixed that auto-reversal shit this year! Last yea, it wasn't even in the game until a couple of patches. i guess a bunch of 12 year old complained that they couldn't get in a move so they screwed everyone else over. That's what the reversal limit option is for, they could've turned it off!

2k, please take it back out! Wrestling simulation would have someone leading a match and not an automatic counter every 3rd move!

Funny note, i keep reading the OP in CM Punks voice in my head on accident, Pretty hysterical. Now as for reversals yes they are easy, to balance it I increase the AI's reversal rate. It can make it a little annoying at first but in my experience a loss is more likely which is nice. I've lost so many matches because the AI reversed my finisher and landed theirs. In a submission based situation it's almost a guaranteed loss if it happens enough.

Archived