Huds and indicators off or on?

Senex Beast

Do you play with everything on or do you have certain things off like the stamina hud? I got curious and turned everything off. It was weird at first but got used to being completly on my own and it's cool to press the Y button and either nothing happens or I suddenly do a sig/finisher.

So now I'm curious how you go about it

I haven't turned everything off since 06. You talking about mayhem in multiman matches. You hear these sounds of people getting full momentum and storing them but you're not quite sure who, and since this was back in the two button reversal system days, you had to guess when you should try to attempt the finisher reversal. Good times.

I'm not comfortable with the game now to do that. It's awkward, some of the movements and whatnot. Button responses are questionable and there are too many situations where you reverse a move and can't smoothly go into a.finisher. You.have to wait.until their animation is done to get your prompt to.execute. That.level of frustration is not something I'm willing to handle. It'd be cool for a.group or.friend.online or local battle royals but.with the cpu being able to move better... wouldn't dream of it.

Most I do.is display counts when I have headphones on listening to no game audio. Everything else stays on

Prolly would've been easier with.the.games.that had the Sig/finisher icon by your feet. Not having some sort of visual/audio cue just doesn't feel right, especially when the game is so "no regular moves end matches"

Were there physical low momentum or high damage cues in No Mercy? Holding head, arm, leg, etc? It's been ages

Now that I think of.it, that wasn't one.of.the games where if.you.got.knocked down with full momentum they'd slap the mat with both hands on the way up?

Oh but then again you had to get full momentum and actually activate that first...

Archived