Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

He really is terribly uninteresting. Besides "wears bodypaint sometimes" you can't find a significant amount of any characterization in him.

And he plays with LEGO-blocks. And he shoves his crotch in your face from an awkward camera angle during his jacket entrance.

But other than that, I've seen more personality from Jason Jordan. The most exciting to happen to Balor recently is when Jinder Mahal stiffed him.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he is from what I've seen from him in NJPW. Ideally, I would have him, Gallows and Anderson head over to SmackDown and become a stable or something, maybe even adding in AJ Styles.

Speaking of Bullet Club, I gotta feeling we're getting some sort of Shield vs. Bullet Club match here soon, but Gallows and Anderson haven't been booked well enough to look like a major threat, imo.

He really is terribly uninteresting. Besides "wears bodypaint sometimes" you can't find a significant amount of any characterization in him.

And he plays with LEGO-blocks. And he shoves his crotch in your face from an awkward camera angle during his jacket entrance.

But other than that, I've seen more personality from Jason Jordan. The most exciting to happen to Balor recently is when Jinder Mahal stiffed him.

Yeah, he really dry

Yeah, I think he's the most disappointing hyped-up "big name" to come to WWE. Haven't seen a lot of his work outside of his NXT/WWE career but yeah, bores me to death.

I see what people see in Gargano, Ciampa, Hero and even Nakamura (despite being so-so on him atm) based mainly on their NXT/WWE runs but yeah, I don't care for Balor as a main event guy (yet). Maybe he'd be more fun as a heel.

I lowkey think people are still going by this you have to be this tall to ride this ride mentality. Not necessarily on here but maybe the casuals? I guarantee if Finn was around 6 feet or so some of the people I see online who complain about him, wouldn't. Just my two cents though.

If that was the case then Balor wouldn't be over at all... and I feel like he's least over with the hardcore fans than the casuals.

I lowkey think people are still going by this you have to be this tall to ride this ride mentality. Not necessarily on here but maybe the casuals? I guarantee if Finn was around 6 feet or so some of the people I see online who complain about him, wouldn't. Just my two cents though.

I think the real problem is in since coming to the WWE he's been a face, and to me he is a boring face. The only thing good about face Balor is his Demon half and even then WWE pushes it to the point that they ruin it. He seems like Orton in the sense that he has star power written all over him but not as a face, but as a heel. But as long as they can make money on the demon they most likely won't turn him.

Eh, I'll never get it when people say he has presence (outside of his entrance). When he's in the ring or when he cuts a promo, I don't care to pay much attention. Like I usually stop what I'm doing when Cena's out there and hell, I understand why guys like Reigns and Jeff Hardy have presence despite not wanting to hear them talk either...

...but yeah, Balor being in main events is not something I'm looking forward too. Especially considering how much I've been enjoying RAW's championship scene.

Archived