DLC Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Wonder how much of the legends dlc will be us paying for wrestlers we've had already and they removed.

I wondered that too. I'm just hoping we get a good chunk of them. Even if some are returning. I think the roster is kickass this year but I was hoping for several more additions than what we got legends wise. Definitely the Outlaws and the ones removed from 2k16 are high on my wishlist.

Don't even hope for the Outlaws if they were in the game they would have been on disc. For me its a case of get RVD and Angle and lose two of my most used wreslers. Unless the DLC wows me I will cancel my pre order and give it a miss this year. I know many will view this as crying, but the reality is I know i'm a minority. I am not a true modern day wresling fan, I don't follow the product. I am a reminent clinging on to the past. Please don't get me wrong this game is as should be as close to the current product as it could be and the developers should be proud.

I am not angry or upset, two wrestlers from the past were removed for whatever reason , big deal right? When you use only 25% of the roster and hardly any of those have been worked on and in 2Ks own words the gameplay is pretty much the same as last year it is clear that this is not designed for the likes of me and has little appeal.

I will respectfully keep my distance with this years game... As the saying goes ; maybe next year. :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how much of the legends dlc will be us paying for wrestlers we've had already and they removed.

I wondered that too. I'm just hoping we get a good chunk of them. Even if some are returning. I think the roster is kickass this year but I was hoping for several more additions than what we got legends wise. Definitely the Outlaws and the ones removed from 2k16 are high on my wishlist.

Don't even hope for the Outlaws if they were in the game they would have been on disc. For me its a case of get RVD and Angle and lose two of my most used wreslers. Unless the DLC wows me I will cancel my pre order and give it a miss this year. I know many will view this as crying, but the reality is I know i'm a minority. I am not a true modern day wresling fan, I don't follow the product. I am a reminent clinging on to the past. Please don't get me wrong this game is as should be as close to the current product as it could be and the developers should be proud.

I am not angry or upset, two wrestlers from the past were removed for whatever reason , big deal right? When you use only 25% of the roster and hardly any of those have been worked on and in 2Ks own words the gameplay is pretty much the same as last year it is clear that this is not designed for the likes of me and has little appeal.

I will respectfully keep my distance with this years game... As the saying goes ; maybe next year. :)

I feel the same not having the Dudleys but since their partners are in different companies it was sort of expecting that those teams would be cut.

The legends in the game are good though, some of you seem to want new or different ones for the sake of change. Dudleys are fan favorites but can't expect them to be in every game as long as one of them are still wrestling around places.

We are lucky to even have these legends again. There was a time when the games in the franchise would only get like 5 random legends.

To be fair I had a feeling neither team would make in this year. Oh well, I suppose its money saved.

Couldn't you still have a someone good legends roster despite your fav tag team not being in or still enjoy the game? Not that I don't see where your coming from with not having a fav of yours being out as mine would be the Dudley Boyz and Austin Aries not being in but despite that I'm still gonna at least try the game out and see the new things added in. You could always go back to 17 whenever you feel the need to play as the NAO tho.

My hopes are for something like...

"Reborn by Fate" pack (people who recently returned to WWE under favorable circumstances):

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Drew McIntyre

Shelton Benjamin (he only just came back, but he was with WWE before that...so, maybe)

205 supplemental pack:

Drew Gulak

Lince Dorado

Ariya Daivari

Tony Nese

Mustafa Ali

"International Stars" supplemental pack:

Tyler Bate

Pete Dunne

Trent Seven

Andrade Almas

Aleister Black

in a perfect world

*Pack 1

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

James Ellsworth

Lana

Elias

*Pack 2

Andrade Almas

Drew McIntyre

Aleister Black

Tyler Bate

Pete Dunne

*Pack 3

Beth Phoenix

Hardy Boyz (attitude era)

Rock N Roll Express

The Brainbusters (Arn & Tully)

Umaga

Magnum TA

Edge & Christian (attitude era)

Now that 2K's Mark Little confirmed that we won't get a showcase mode in any form this year, I am really wondering what sort of pack will replace it.

Hoping for/expecting:

Legends pack (November):

I don't know who to put in it..

Moves Pack (December)

Future Stars (January)

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Aleister Black

Andrade Cien Almas

Drew McIntyre

WWE UK/205 Pack (February/March)

Tyler Bate

Pete Dunne

Trent Seven

Drew Gulak

Tony Nese

But I am a bit sceptical that we will even get any UK guys, since I don't know about their merchandising deals.

To be fair I had a feeling neither team would make in this year. Oh well, I suppose its money saved.

Couldn't you still have a someone good legends roster despite your fav tag team not being in or still enjoy the game? Not that I don't see where your coming from with not having a fav of yours being out as mine would be the Dudley Boyz and Austin Aries not being in but despite that I'm still gonna at least try the game out and see the new things added in. You could always go back to 17 whenever you feel the need to play as the NAO tho.

This is my point from somebody who is only familiar with legends and 99 % are the same, why should I buy game that pretty much as far as 'I would use it' to be the same as last years edition? just for the sake of being a creature of habbit? Again I stated previuosly the issue is with me and i agree that the direction with the franchise putting emphasis on the current brand is correct. I am simply stating for me this game has no appeal and I accept on the scale of things what I want out of a wresting game doesn't matter. I can happily still stick with 2K17 until next year just as I did with 2K14 when 2K15 was released . I wish no one any ill will and hope you all enjoy 2K18.

If they do a Hall of Fame pack with characters only & no showcase, I wonder if they'll add short haired WWE DDP in there?

I'm wondering tho would that sell well because other then the Rock N Roll Express and Beth, everyone else including would be a duplicate of some sorts. I also wonder would they add Teddy Long as a manger, I wonder also what would they do with Kurt since we already have a bald and hair versions of him?

Umaga is under a legends contract. That would be a smart DLC choice imo.

Just off the top of my head, they still have a bunch of his animations in the game.

Samoan Spike finisher

Samoan Spike Royal Rumble finisher

Super Samoan taunts

Running Corner Hip Attack

Pop-up Samoan Drop

Middle Rope Diving Headbutt corner grapple

Umaga vs 2006 John Cena

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy

Umaga vs. Samoa Joe

Umaga vs. Daniel Bryan

Umaga vs. Roman Reigns

so many good match options

Umaga is under a legends contract. That would be a smart DLC choice imo.

Just off the top of my head, they still have a bunch of his animations in the game.

Samoan Spike finisher

Samoan Spike Royal Rumble finisher

Super Samoan taunts

Running Corner Hip Attack

Pop-up Samoan Drop

Middle Rope Diving Headbutt corner grapple

Umaga vs 2006 John Cena

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy

Umaga vs. Samoa Joe

Umaga vs. Daniel Bryan

Umaga vs. Roman Reigns

so many good match options

R,they I,mean does the contract still exist after they die or does wwe have to make a deal with the family

Imagine how cool an Extreme Pack DLC would be with ECW alumni like Sabu, Terry Funk, Sandman, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, The Dudley Boyz and Taz. Throw in some ECW rings and an ECW attired ref and some hardcore moves (like Sabu's triple jump moonsault, Air Sabu, or a Terry Funk fireball, or one of Taz's many suplexes).

Would make for a fun addition.

Many people are day dreaming here and expecting huge number of packs. In a real world and going by 2K's previous years track of DLC, we will only get 4 DLC packs and one of them will be moves pack. Now coming to the other packs there will be only one pack with 5 superstars for current gen stars. Legend fans will get 2 packs as it is the trend with 2K DLC.

So my assumption on packs:

Moves pack

Superstars pack:

Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy

Black

Drew

Samson or Almas or Ruby

Legends pack:

Yokozuna

Jim Duggan

Malenko

Bruno samartino

Sandman

HOF pack:

Any thing here

We will not get UK pack or UK stars because of contracts and other kinda shite. Same as last year we din't get Johnny Gargano and Ciampa.

Archived