Official WWE No Mercy Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is though, it's the streaks themselves that are the important part. In the long run people don't often remember how it ended other than it did, but it's always overshadowed by the streak statistics themselves. You know what Taker will be remember for? THE streak, not losing to Brock (although it was a big moment in its own right.) Goldberg's streak is still hyped to this day, but you know what isn't? Kevin Nash beating it.

Asuka didnt have any old random streak like Ryback or Bo *censored*ing Dallas. She has had a Goldberg-tier streak and one that will live on even if her career falters afterwards. Let's stop assuming the end to Asuka's streak will be shit because ultimately it'll pale in comparison to the impact on WWE history that her streak will have.

Yeah, Goldberg's undefeated streak really didn't work.

Considering how it ended plus Goldberg's booking after I wouldn't say it worked out well.

Yeah, it only made him one of the most over guys in wrestling during the *censored*ing monday night wars. To say that Goldberg's streak didn't work might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in this forum.

Yeah, Goldberg's undefeated streak really didn't work.

Considering how it ended plus Goldberg's booking after I wouldn't say it worked out well.

Yeah, it only made him one of the most over guys in wrestling during the *censored*ing monday night wars. To say that Goldberg's streak didn't work might be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in this forum.

Which speaks to my post above yours. The streak itself is remembered, the finishing of that streak is not.

I don't want to bring Zack Ryder into this, but it's actually a pretty good example. I heard this somewhere ages ago, but Zack Ryder won the IC title in a ladder match at Wrestlemania. People will remember that for years and that Wrestlemania moment will be the one that goes down in the history books, him losing the title in shitting booking the next night will not. The same logic applies to these streaks we're talking about.

Well I agree and disagree. That can be the case but if you do it well enough the ending of a streak can be great as well. Sucked that Taker got *censored*ed up during the Lesnar match but the finish was still an amazing moment that no one will forget.

I'm not saying the two are mutually exclusive ofc, but often times the actual streak overshadows any poor booking made to end it. As is the deal with Goldberg.

I liked that Brock brought back the Kimura Lock at SummerSlam, felt like his first attempt at that move since he started doing the whole Suplex City thing. If Brock has to win, I wouldn't mind if he had to "break" Braun's arm to do it.

Archived