WWE2K18 Gameplay Reveal Thread

J-man89

People always speculate about "early builds" and things that "will be fixed later" but they usually end up in the final product. I have many reasons to doubt that's an early build, it's either the final product or the Switch version (handheld mode).

I could be very wrong and only time will tell, but i'm used to hear these things every year and people are usually wrong.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People always speculate about "early builds" and things that "will be fixed later" but they usually end up in the final product. I have many reasons to doubt that's an early build, it's either the final product or the Switch version (handheld mode).

I could be very wrong and only time will tell, but i'm used to hear these things every year and people are usually wrong.

Yeah but from Pulse's tweet he pretty much confirmed the attires looked much better in the demo they played and that the footage uploaded was not footage from the demo they played but B roll footage sent out to certain people who attended some event.

Not sure if it's the device used to record but the graphics do look a little grainy, and Cena's shorts are so black that detail is lost, a bit like when you have CAWs with attire that's just too damn black. Still, looks good. I'm okay with the auto drag being in the game still because it's realistic. You always move to the centre to do a move in real life because it's the softest part of the ring. Wrestling school 101. The new feed system is cool because, again in real life, when taking a move, your opponent should then feed to either the middle of each side of the ring against the ropes, or into the corner.

I've always heard from youtubers that play videogames that Youtube tends to darken the visuals and lower the overall quality a bit.

It depends really on the product you're using to record.

Yeah but from Pulse's tweet he pretty much confirmed the attires looked much better in the demo they played and that the footage uploaded was not footage from the demo they played but B roll footage sent out to certain people who attended some event.

I hope your mental cogs are already turning with ideas for AJ Styles attires based on what he's wearing in the videos. :P

Obviously the quality of the footage will suffer through transfer to youtube - so I'm not unduly concerned by details like the LEDs looking grainy.

I hope your mental cogs are already turning with ideas for AJ Styles attires based on what he's wearing in the videos. :P

Obviously the quality of the footage will suffer through transfer to youtube - so I'm not unduly concerned by details like the LEDs looking grainy.

Oh yeah can't wait to get the game so i can make a bunch of his attires, will definitely do his black and red attire again, all the color variations of the default attire he's got in the game, its gonna be great.

Man Seth's model looks so bad from this part in the elimination chamber footage

Seth.png

I'm just praying this was a really early stage of his model, even Smacktalks said Rollins looked the worst to him in the demo. I just don't get it, the guys the cover star and it looks like he was neglected the most in terms of model and attire.

Seth.png

I'm just praying this was a really early stage of his model, even Smacktalks said Rollins looked the worst to him in the demo. I just don't get it, the guys the cover star and it looks like he was neglected the most in terms of model and attire.

It's odd because the screenshots released last week make him look much better. Maybe they've used an earlier build for the actual demo - than where the screenshots came from.

Yeah, as someone who's been making videos since 2007, I can definitely say that when uploading footage to YouTube, the quality does get dumbed down when it's compressed, sometimes it doesn't even matter how good your recording gear is.

With that being said, I hope that's the only reason why they look washed up in the footage. I don't want to play the game and it looks like that.

Are they ever gonna get Corbin's hair right? Jesus

image.png

I think we won't, just look at Hogan and HBK hair. They always make it thick. As they want to make the superstars look good. No receding hairlines which kind of sucks. Just like wrestlers who does not have 6 pack abs becomes ripped in videogames.

Seth.png

It's odd because the screenshots released last week make him look much better. Maybe they've used an earlier build for the actual demo - than where the screenshots came from.

Or maybe they just took a good angle for the screenshot from last week.

Seth.png

The Youtubers who played the game confirmed the YouTube footage is washed-up B roll footage and that the game looked much better

Seth.png

The Youtubers who played the game confirmed the YouTube footage is washed-up B roll footage and that the game looked much better

I'd personally take this with a pinch of salt.

I fail to see why 2K would release old footage for their first official gameplay. I fully expect to see Seth look the same in the final version. It's pretty late now.

Archived