WWE2K18 Gameplay Reveal Thread

J-man89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corbin's face in that shot is because of the facial expression. It changes but the default is fine

Yes, because this Animation sucks, it's the exact same pre match animation as in 2K17 and everyone who gets it looks either dumb or tired.

Corbin looks fine but this animation makes everyone looking really bad.

u tell me whats new about taht game accept selling an carrying lol go on go ahead bet u cant and if u say bright lights or lighting im gonna show ya a side by side comparison lol to what they said it was gonna be to what it actually is

it seems there spent more money on youtubers flight costs than in gameplay what a crock of shit

You may say your complaints but don't be plain rude. It's flamebaiting.

Corbin's face in that shot is because of the facial expression. It changes but the default is fine

Yes, because this Animation sucks, it's the exact same pre match animation as in 2K17 and everyone who gets it looks either dumb or tired.

Yeah it kinda does suck but it makes Corbin look off a bit for a second. Only kinda makes him look like a caw in that particular shot.

He looks fine other wise but why focus on that negative shot?

Yeah it kinda does suck but it makes Corbin look off a bit for a second. Only kinda makes him look like a caw in that particular shot.

He looks fine other wise but why focus on that negative shot?

Because i criticize that they still have this awful animation in the game.

I'm criticizing this Animation.

I'm not criticizing Corbin.

Is that wrong now too?

gameplay looks great!

but god *censored*ing damn it they kept that bullshit yellow HUD filler shit that prevents you from countering. that shit has *censored*ed me over too much in 2K17 to the point where i had to turn down the AI's countering bar. if 2K keeps that thing in then they should at least give us the option to disable it in options.

It's not wrong but...eh whatever, go ahead and keep bitching about animations/graphics/models or whatever

"Bitching"

It's criticizing, normal criticizing, what the *Censored* is wrong with you people here?

Jesus Christ......

@CM_EDGE

TBH you and him are both the Megs of this section. Lol

I don't care if people think graphics look like PS3 2K14, I'm all in.. I'm ready.. and can't wait to get my hands on this game. Cool stuff. :dance:

2wy32.jpg2wy33.jpg

Character model graphics will never be as bad as WWE 12-14 again. That was some cartoony, sub-PS2-looking shit.

Yeah it was pretty shitty, I lived with it though because graphics aren't too big of a deal for me. I'm pretty sure they only dumbed down the graphics to make Superstar Threads easier to customise.

It's not wrong but...eh whatever, go ahead and keep bitching about animations/graphics/models or whatever

"Bitching"

It's criticizing, normal criticizing, what the *Censored* is wrong with you people here?

Jesus Christ......

@CM_EDGE

TBH you and him are both the Megs of this section. Lol

And you wonder when i dont say sorry to u *shrugs*

My only problem with the video is...

2wy51.png

This part should be darker like this picture, and the floor part should look like the older games(Ring Mat Textures).

Thats an old ass picture though. The new arenas have much lighter barricades like in game.

My only problem with the video is...

2wy51.png

This part should be darker like this picture, and the floor part should look like the older games(Ring Mat Textures).

Thats an old ass picture though. The new arenas have much lighter barricades like in game.

Yeah Summerslam 2016 to be exact.

Now that gameplay's out here's where I get more critical.

So far it does look like a better 2K17. I like the carry system even more now that I've seen it in action especially in Corbin/Styles footage. It really does seem like it's strength/weight-based and Corbin escaped AJ's attempt because of how much bigger he is. I like that. The environmental possibilities with this excites me. Also nobody is talking about the position feeding in action during the EC footage, how Rollins crawled to the turnbuckle and Corbin attacked from that position. I liked that a lot too. Cena's sell of the Super RKO was beautiful and I'm wondering if it was canned or not. The selling system in general looks pretty damn good. And of course, the game is visually stunning.

The negatives I have are things I'm sure they're already aware of, one of which is the reversal system. This is only a little footage but I really hope reversals into an automatic random move have been reduced at least and they've added some regular escape animations for regular reversals. If not, that's really gotta go on the list for next year man please. Major reversals are fine as is though.

Another negative, again probably something they'll fix with time, but a lot of animations just look out of place. For example that default Diving Elbow from SvR 2010 didn't age well. It needs to be slowed down at least, if not completely reanimated. Also the running animations should be redone now. Visually, this game is damn near real-life so it's offputting when you see certain animations that look like they don't belong.

Lastly, from what I heard, commentary sounds like same thing, different voices. If I'm being honest, it doesn't sound too promising at all.

Good outweighs the bad so far for me.

Archived