IGN Hands On (New info)

fallofparadise

i cant stop the AI from using it :-(((

Hey, as long as they don't go crazy with it and do that same move over and over it'll be fine. I re-read the article and I don't think it'll be anything truly panic-worthy. Like you said, they're not UCMs. They can't really be grouped for comparison because they're two completely different things. I'd like to think the AI at least knows what to do with the Carry System when they trigger it and not be dumb about it. I can just see Joe right now lifting a guy from mid-ring moving them straight onto the top and going immediately for the Muscle Buster. The guys in `17 were reLENTless in trying to get those finishers off. Once they see it all in motion, it'll put a bunch of minds at ease

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The selling point sounds promising. I hope that means we have some actual improved weapon physics where the person sells it. That's what made matches with ladders/steel steps etc more fun on last gen.

Like on 360, When you do a chokeslam or powerbomb onto a ladder, the person sells landing on the weapon as opposed to the regular animation that you currently get. Also, you slam somebody onto the steel steps, the steps just slide away or they just float over it. I really hope they updated all of that considering it said they added over 80 new sell animations, but who knows.

The selling point sounds promising. I hope that means we have some actual improved weapon physics where the person sells it. That's what made matches with ladders/steel steps etc more fun on last gen.

Like on 360, When you do a chokeslam or powerbomb onto a ladder, the person sells landing on the weapon as opposed to the regular animation that you currently get. Also, you slam somebody onto the steel steps, the steps just slide away or they just float over it. I really hope they updated all of that considering it said they added over 80 new sell animations, but who knows.

Completely agree. That's one thing that's sorely lacked on the current gen, the weapons physics. I think the whole thing could do with an overhaul.

I'd really like to see the ability to do moves on to anything again, as well as tables that don't completely explode on impact. And can we have proper stacked table bumps back (ones that actually work!)?

Completely agree. That's one thing that's sorely lacked on the current gen, the weapons physics. I think the whole thing could do with an overhaul.

I'd really like to see the ability to do moves on to anything again, as well as tables that don't completely explode on impact. And can we have proper stacked table bumps back (ones that actually work!)?

Exactly. Weapon physics need to become a thing again for current gen otherwise I probably won't do many ladder matches/matches with weapons. & Totally agree with the stacked table bumps. Hell, I'll take the physics from last gen/WWE 2K14.

I know they want the realistic aspect to be a huge part of the games going forward, but it's still a video game and it's a lot more fun with the weapon & table physics.

So how did the run-ins function last year? Does your ally come out at the press of a button? It sounds like a really cool feature, if done properly.

Last year, you just play a one on one single match in exhibition and then, one superstar would come out and be the manager for the one losing the match... When told like this, it doesn't sound that great but in-game, it was awesome. But it was all random

For exemple, I would play " Goldberg (me) vs Sting " in a WCW Arena, well, when I was winning, Kevin Nash came out to help Sting and it was awesome and fun. It help me to create stories in my head and suddenly, I'm more invested in it than if it was just a match

And then, out of it, I followed it with a tag team match between Kevin Nash & Sting vs Goldberg and his surprise partner, Razor Ramon. It was good fun

So how did the run-ins function last year? Does your ally come out at the press of a button? It sounds like a really cool feature, if done properly.

Last year, you just play a one on one single match in exhibition and then, one superstar would come out and be the manager for the one losing the match... When told like this, it doesn't sound that great but in-game, it was awesome. But it was all random

For exemple, I would play " Goldberg (me) vs Sting " in a WCW Arena, well, when I was winning, Kevin Nash came out to help Sting and it was awesome and fun. It help me to create stories in my head and suddenly, I'm more invested in it than if it was just a match

And then, out of it, I followed it with a tag team match between Kevin Nash & Sting vs Goldberg and his surprise partner, Razor Ramon. It was good fun

I see, so it was randomized. I remember how Undertaker had his own unique interference animation in SvR2010, where he'd simply appear in the middle of the ring, I love that sort of stuff.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if two superstars could come out to even the odds. I remember that being a thing too.

But for the run in can we be able to choose which one happens or is it all random

It was random, can't predict when it will happen. As for the superstars, I suspect it was based on allies but you can't edit it on Exhbition anymore ( the one year I would've used that feature^^ )

I see, so it was randomized. I remember how Undertaker had his own unique interference animation in SvR2010, where he'd simply appear in the middle of the ring, I love that sort of stuff.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if two superstars could come out to even the odds. I remember that being a thing too.

Yep, I liked it and I hope we can also have that sort of thing in WWE 2K18, makes exhibition matches much more alive and surprise are always a plus

As for the last option, it would be great. Fighting Eric Young, going for the special move only to see the whole Sanity coming at ring side to help him could be intimidating^^

The carry system sounds awesome.Specially with how they mentioned that we can carry the opponent to interactive spots and it sounds like there are many this year.

Some moves that I think we can perform manually this year:

- Buckle bomb into the barricade

- Owens apron bomb

- Ram opponent into the steel post outside the ring

- Throw opponent/drop them into the barricade

- Throw opponent into the steel steps

- Slam opponent into the steel steps

Archived