WWE2K18 Roster Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if the WWE was to add a obvious TNA version of AJ Styles to 2k19 but have him in his old WCW or current WWE attire. The get ready to fly theme isn't owned by anyone but the artist as far as I know so maybe they could go as far as have him come out to it as well.

what the hell happened to Rick Rude and Cactus Jacks themes? Rude has some burlesque stripper song. cactus has a generic hard rock riff

Bizarre enough, they have changed lots of legends themes. Bam Bam, Cactus, Rude, Zbyszko, Fujinami all has some weird theme song which I don't think they've ever actually used.

Its definitely because of rights. I distinctly remember how long it took them to get Cactus Jacks real theme song because the ownership of it changed so much it took them years to track down.

I do like his and zbyskos replacement themes though.

Its definitely because of rights. I distinctly remember how long it took them to get Cactus Jacks real theme song because the ownership of it changed so much it took them years to track down.

I do like his and zbyskos replacement themes though.

Yes. When they revealed a few years ago how they finally got cactus theme it is that wwe purchases the right to use those songs for years at a time. When it expires if wwe hasnt renewed then they lose the rights to use them.

Kinda on topic- You dont see Gangrel in the games because white wolf entertainment owns the name and character rights. Thq got him for wwe 13, but had to do it on their own and while he was on the original roster for 2k14 (according to Cory at the time) White wolf raised their asking price so much that it made it impossible to use him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
WWE Games tweeted out the first official DLC for WWE 2K18 "The NXT Generation" Pack which will feature Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black, Lars Sullivan, Ruby Riot and Elias as playable characters will be released Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/932070118141472768

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=113712

Allie Black and Ruby Riot at last!!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived