U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Didn't McCain say yes to the repeal afterwards? Despite my disagreements with him, McCain was still probably one of the very few decent politicians left, if not the only decent one, in the party. RIP to him. I've some respect for him for standing up for Obama.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McConnell is one of the many examples of how trash the entire party is. Legit would not mind him dropping dead like a fly.

Tbh I see these comments and I think that the person who says them is no better than the person they're fighting.

I hate Trump. I despise everything he has ever done. I think he's the purest form of evil, yet wishing death upon him is the same thing as I have against him. I feel we're better than this.

I hate Trump. I despise everything he has ever done. I think he's the purest form of evil, yet wishing death upon him is the same thing as I have against him.

Yeaaaaa...

But, you wouldn't feel bad tho, yeah? :lol:

Wouldn't feel good, but wouldn't feel bad. Just wouldn't feel. lol

McConnell is one of the many examples of how trash the entire party is. Legit would not mind him dropping dead like a fly.

This is part of the reason we have a mass shooting thread. Because anyone we disagree with, anyone on a different political spectrum, we wish death upon. We no longer care about human life. We no longer feel emotions towards anyone who dares feel differently than we do.

You can go down that road, but its a dark one.

This is part of the reason we have a mass shooting thread. Because anyone we disagree with, anyone on a different political spectrum, we wish death upon. We no longer care about human life. We no longer feel emotions towards anyone who dares feel differently than we do.

Do you really believe that?

Pretty sensationalist, tbh.

Sure, saying you wish someone would die is going too far...but, suggesting that even 0.0001% of the people who actually wish death on people over the internet follow up with (or even mean it as a literal thing) is silly for obvious reasons. It's just a thing to say. It hardly equates to going out and actually killing people. C'mon now...

At most, wishing death on a person is being petty and childish. The "going down a dark road" scenario is a huge stretch.

Anyway, instead of people saying that they wish someone would die, they should just say that the world would be better without them. Saves the semantics and the arguments over morals.

The world would be a better place without McConnell. The world would be a better place without Trump.

Tbh I see these comments and I think that the person who says them is no better than the person they're fighting.

I hate Trump. I despise everything he has ever done. I think he's the purest form of evil, yet wishing death upon him is the same thing as I have against him. I feel we're better than this.

Judge me all you want, but I'm completely okay with horrible people dying, whether it's McConnell, Trump, or whomever. If Trump ever stops peddling bigoted, white supremacist bullshit and starts being honest and puts USA first, then I won't wish him death. If McConnell starts fighting for Americans and doing things to help them instead of being all "waah *Censored* the left/liberals!!" then I won't wish him dead.

I mean, despite differences with McCain, I never wanted him dead. I was actually kinda sad he died. Despite what Hillary's trying to portray herself as, I couldn't care less what happens to her.

No it is not. We have a mass shooting thread because people don't care about lives and will even go after innocent lives, which is made easy because politicians like McConnell won't do anything about the bad gun laws or loopholes. Why should I feel bad for someone or a group of people who don't care about lives and are okay with letting people die if they're not wealthy? Them not being in the political scene in any shape or form would be so much better for America and Americans.

I feel bad for people, republicans, democrats, independents, right, or left, who have to deal with these shitty politicians trying to make the wealthy wealthier by doing shit like repealing ACA or taking away funding from public services or lying about organizations like Planned Parenthood, which actually helps people.

I think he's the purest form of evil, yet wishing death upon him is the same thing as I have against him. I feel we're better than this.

Is it really, though? If you truly believe that person 'x' (be it Trump, or whoever else) is the "purest form of evil," then I'd say you'd be justified in wanting them dead (assuming that their evilness is actually demonstrable, and not just speculation). Why would you not want the purest form of evil to be dead?

It's like a Batman-esque logic, where he refuses to kill the Joker, because he feels that doing so would mean that he's no better. To me, that sort of thinking is incredibly irresponsible.

I think he's the purest form of evil, yet wishing death upon him is the same thing as I have against him. I feel we're better than this.

Is it really, though? If you truly believe that person 'x' (be it Trump, or whoever else) is the "purest form of evil," then I'd say you'd be justified in wanting them dead (assuming that their evilness is actually demonstrable, and not just speculation). Why would you not want the purest form of evil to be dead?

It's like a Batman-esque logic, where he refuses to kill the Joker, because he feels that doing so would mean that he's no better. To me, that sort of thinking is incredibly irresponsible.

Because in his mind, we could be the purest form of evil. If we went around killing everyone we didn't agree with, then we wouldn't be any better than the people we see evil. WE then would be the evil ones.

Judge me all you want, but I'm completely okay with horrible people dying, whether it's McConnell, Trump, or whomever. If Trump ever stops peddling bigoted, white supremacist bullshit and starts being honest and puts USA first, then I won't wish him death. If McConnell starts fighting for Americans and doing things to help them instead of being all "waah *Censored* the left/liberals!!" then I won't wish him dead.

I mean, despite differences with McCain, I never wanted him dead. I was actually kinda sad he died. Despite what Hillary's trying to portray herself as, I couldn't care less what happens to her.

No it is not. We have a mass shooting thread because people don't care about lives and will even go after innocent lives, which is made easy because politicians like McConnell won't do anything about the bad gun laws or loopholes. Why should I feel bad for someone or a group of people who don't care about lives and are okay with letting people die if they're not wealthy? Them not being in the political scene in any shape or form would be so much better for America and Americans.

I feel bad for people, republicans, democrats, independents, right, or left, who have to deal with these shitty politicians trying to make the wealthy wealthier by doing shit like repealing ACA or taking away funding from public services or lying about organizations like Planned Parenthood, which actually helps people.

I don't agree with NWO on a lot of things, but this one I do. Those people who took lives of gay people in Orlando BELIEVED they should die. The same way you BELIEVE Trump and them should die.

Those people who took lives of gay people in Orlando BELIEVED they should die. The same way you BELIEVE Trump and them should die.

True, but those were innocent people who the gunmen didn't even know. They knew nothing about those people (other than the fact that they were gay, or supported gay culture by being at that club).

I think we have a pretty sufficient laundry list of reasons to believe that people like Trump and McConnell are assholes, with more reasons being added every single day. Those gay people were viewed as "evil" because they were gay. Someone like Trump is viewed as "evil" for reasons that directly affect millions of people. And again...I don't think we're discussing anyone actually physically or directly inflicting harm here...we're just saying "I wouldn't miss him"...or "the world would be a better place".

For my two cents, I don't really care if he dies at all...I'd rather he rot in a prison cell for his crimes against humanity. If he dies, he just becomes a martyr for an entire generation of jerkoffs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I get what you'e saying, but I don't really believe you. I think that if you had the ability to snap your fingers and make someone disappear, you'd utilize it the same as anyone else would. I don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Maybe not "wishing death" in a traditional sense...but just "he's here - and now he isn't". Everyone would utilize that for one person or another.

Because in his mind, we could be the purest form of evil.

So?

If someone's character and actions are causing obvious harm to humanity's general well-being, wouldn't it be better if that person didn't exist? Shouldn't you want them to not exist?

Succumbing to the notion of, "Well, it's all just subjective!" gets us nowhere as a society. It's a dangerous, weak concession.

If we went around killing everyone we didn't agree with, then we wouldn't be any better than the people we see evil. WE then would be the evil ones.

You've changed the language here. We're not talking about killing people simply because we disagree with them on something. I would have wanted Hitler dead. Not merely on the grounds that we have different opinions, but because he was causing demonstrable harm.

Why would it be evil to kill evil people? Unless you're positing that killing is inherently evil, across the board, which would be pretty ridiculous.

Its not evil to kill evil people. End of debate.

* And when evil people think that innocent people are evil for dumb reasons, it's because they're evil people with warped views of the world (ie wanting gays, jews, or blacks to die). Which is where the rhetoric comes into play about it just being a "different world view". But, don't we all understand the differences between semantics and objective evil anyway? I feel like we should. Granted, many people obviously don't.

It's a hard thing to pin down...because, I personally think that anyone who hunts animals for sport is evil. If you eat the animal, I'm fine with it...but sport hunting just to kill something is a form of evil in my opinion. So, there's a lot of gray area and overlap where people have disconnects. I just don't know how there could be any doubt with the current political landscape of the US in 2018. There's a whole shitload of blatant evil in plain sight. I mean...real crime-against-humanity shit. Shit that you need to actively tell yourself "this is fine" in order to ignore it. And politics have always been shady, but this is really just a new level of in-your-face "I can do whatever I want" corruption in politics.

I guess so. I'm more on the fence of, don't make them my president. Not to hope they die.

Would have been preferable...but we're past that point.

I just wish he'd scout the Bermuda Triangle for a place to build a golf course, and never come back. :lol:

Well technically you're not wishing death :lol:

Anyway, I get what you'e saying, but I don't really believe you. I think that if you had the ability to snap your fingers and make someone disappear, you'd utilize it the same as anyone else would. I don't believe anyone who says otherwise. Maybe not "wishing death" in a traditional sense...but just "he's here - and now he isn't". Everyone would utilize that for one person or another.

Now you've done this before and I disliked it then, when you get into this... whatever that is with the "I don't believe you" and assume you know everyone. "He's here and now he isn't" while you were the one to make that so, is killing. Everyone is aware this person exists and now they're suddenly gone. Even if they can't prove you did it or even suspected you did, you ceased a person's existence. That is killing. And no, not everybody would utilize that. A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people would. Never assume something like that just because your faith in all of humanity is lost.

I guess so. I'm more on the fence of, don't make them my president. Not to hope they die.

Would have been preferable...but we're past that point.

I just wish he'd scout the Bermuda Triangle for a place to build a golf course, and never come back. :lol:

I wish he would join the space force and go on a nighttime mission to the surface of the sun.

Archived