U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Breitbart for example. And you are saying it isn't? Really?

And yes, that kind of media is a really big part of the problem. Don't pretend like I've said or meant to put the blame solely on them, cus your posts makes it seem like I did.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tabloids are a huge problem...and people who read tabloids are mostly far right. I haven't read a full issue of TIME in my entire life, so, I can't pretend to comment on the quality of their stories. I wouldn't lump them in with the tabloids. I think TIME is probably middle of the road when it comes to quality. They aren't going to be 100% accurate, and they probably won't care. But they also aren't about to intentionally spread lies, I don't think.

But, yeah...there are plenty of these tabloid magazines you see when you stand in line at the grocery store or whatever...and they are complete trash. I have never heard of anyone outside of far right-thinkers who buy those things. Those types of magazines basically exist solely for Honey Boo Boo's mother to read. You see those conspiracy theory headlines plastered across those types of magazines, and it's the exact type of toxic garbage that republicans eat up. And it's the same online with youtube videos or Facebook posts. That type of bullshit media is the biggest problem, for sure. That is the true "fake news"...in that, it is objectively horse shit.

There's a fine line between accidentally reporting something that is false, and intentionally reporting nonsense. Yet I always find that the right's war on fake news only targets the former. They want to shut down entire news agencies based on poor reporting...but they're cool reading articles about how Obama is a space lizard...

And yes, that kind of media is a really big part of the problem. Don't pretend like I've said or meant to put the blame solely on them, cus your posts makes it seem like I did.

No I was asking what you considered alt right. The rest is you assuming

No I was asking what you considered alt right. The rest is you assuming

You didn't ask me, what I considered "alt right". You asked me what it's considered "alt right" media. And I gave you an example. And I didn't pretend I'm assuming, I actually said that. Because your post sounded like I've said. Nothing less, nothing more.

What is your point excatly?

-------------------------------------

Agreed with Gen mostly.

Tabloids are a huge problem...and people who read tabloids are mostly far right. I haven't read a full issue of TIME in my entire life, so, I can't pretend to comment on the quality of their stories. I wouldn't lump them in with the tabloids. I think TIME is probably middle of the road when it comes to quality. They aren't going to be 100% accurate, and they probably won't care. But they also aren't about to intentionally spread lies, I don't think.

But, yeah...there are plenty of these tabloid magazines you see when you stand in line at the grocery store or whatever...and they are complete trash. I have never heard of anyone outside of far right-thinkers who buy those things. Those types of magazines basically exist solely for Honey Boo Boo's mother to read. You see those conspiracy theory headlines plastered across those types of magazines, and it's the exact type of toxic garbage that republicans eat up. And it's the same online with youtube videos or Facebook posts. That type of bullshit media is the biggest problem, for sure. That is the true "fake news"...in that, it is objectively horse shit.

There's a fine line between accidentally reporting something that is false, and intentionally reporting nonsense. Yet I always find that the right's war on fake news only targets the former. They want to shut down entire news agencies based on poor reporting...but they're cool reading articles about how Obama is a space lizard...

Probably could of ended your first paragraph after "cant pretend to comment on the quality of their stories" since your "I don't think" at the end kind of negated everything in between, right?

Anyway, are you talking about the tabloids that talk about "Bat Boy" and Aliens and things like that? Because I'm pretty sure most people on both the left and right look at that stuff and roll their eyes. Also I'm guessing you don't have any statistics or proven knowledge to make the assumption that republicans buy or read those magazines more than the left?

Finally, what percentage would you say is "accidentally reporting something" and "intentionally reporting nonsense" because of a bias within the organization? Be it TIME, MSNBC, Fox, or whoever?

Jesus wouldn't want to come to USA anyway, he'd be disappointed with the so-called right wing Christians.

But he'd love to sit down with the pro-abortion left wing right?

Though comment aside, Jesus would sit down with anyone who welcomed him into their home.

Definitely more than the right, who don't care about children after they're born.

I doubt he'd be happy to sit down with people who are okay with splitting up immigrant families, advocate for war, and claim guns are a God-given right (even though guns likely didn't exist during Jesus's time), even after shootings.

But he'd love to sit down with the pro-abortion left wing right?

Walking such a fine line. Lmao.

I am? What line would that be exactly?

My first comment was snarky yes, but the irony of M3J posting about Jesus would and wouldn't do is almost unbearable. From previous conversations with him, its clear he knows little about Jesus or the bible. In fact he'd probably admit it himself.

And for the record, its not that I disagree with him that Jesus might be disappointed with some on the right. He's right that often Christians don't practice what is preached and that is why we need Jesus in the first place, because we are not perfect. We need his forgiveness.

My issue...or what I find interesting is that he thinks Jesus would only be disappointed with the right wing. Especially when some on the left do everything in their power to remove Jesus from any public area.

I thought I mentioned that I'm basing what I said on what you and others keep saying about Jesus?

Jesus would be more disappointed in the right because they harp on and on about him but still defy what he says. Why would he care about the left removing Jesus from any public area? If the left start treating people like shit or discriminating them like most of the right do, then Jesus would be disappointed, otherwise I'm sure he doesn't care. Although, he'd be disappointed with the people who don't believe in God, whether left or right.

Shitty move on the government's part. Even $50 million could have gone towards Flint, but instead, this shitty party would rather spend more money on shit than help its own people.

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1009167800940810245

Anyway, are you talking about the tabloids that talk about "Bat Boy" and Aliens and things like that? Because I'm pretty sure most people on both the left and right look at that stuff and roll their eyes.

You're clearly far less familiar with your own party than you think you are...

Anyway, are you talking about the tabloids that talk about "Bat Boy" and Aliens and things like that? Because I'm pretty sure most people on both the left and right look at that stuff and roll their eyes.

So I'm going to take the whole "I'm guessing you don't have any statistics or proven knowledge to make the assumption that republicans buy or read those magazines more than the left?"

As a "No" than.

So I'm going to take the whole "I'm guessing you don't have any statistics or proven knowledge to make the assumption that republicans buy or read those magazines more than the left?"

As a "No" than.

Funny how they're all about statistics and evidence until it's time to prove their own point.

Who the hell has official statistics about which side of the political spectrum buys those magazines?

Of course I don't have statistics about that shit. But, I also don't need statistics about that...because the far-right are the only ones who constantly talk about ridiculous shit like chemtrails and space lizards. That's their core demographic right there. Might as well be asking whether the left or right has more subscriptions to Gun Aficionado, or who hunts for sasquatch more often. I think we could all deduce that as well.

As a "No" than.

Funny how they're all about statistics and evidence until it's time to prove their own point.

Did you just actually describe...you?

Asking for some random bullshit statistic when it suits you, just so you can feel how you "won" some argument. That's not how it works.

And the last two discussions (and before) you've been just dodging and spinning, asking for clear answers, and when you are provided, you just pop out in somewhere random trying to give a "objective remerak" when they rarely aren't.

And a few days before you asked me if I can say that I'm not part of some circle jerk here (and I told you I can for sure, since even though I share some of the opinions here with some people, I tend to dissagree with a lot of people on some things) yet... you tend to pop out from time to time to make some snarky remark to Kevin's posts :lol:

Just saw the front page of this little town newspaper we have...(a small town-wide magazine). Whatever. Point is...they put out a July issue, and the front has this whole spread titled "the bloodless revolution"...and it's one giant circle-jerk for Trump supporters to feel better about themselves for voting Trump. I actually read it, despite already knowing exactly what it would be...and it's even funnier than I imagined. Just two solid pages of justifying Trump based on him not being Hillary. Which is always funny to me...because, if that was ever the case, then you fools could stop supporting him at any time.

If it was ever about "the lesser of two evils"...then you could have stopped supporting him after his first day in office. I voted for Hillary specifically to keep Trump out of office...and you better believe that I wouldn't have supported her worth a single shit once she got in. That's always the main difference for me with the Trump situation. The number of people who still defend this dude, and would go to their graves doing so, is ridiculous. I hate politics. I wish I could have nothing to do with politics. But when people are like that, now I'm forced to invest time and energy in the process. Trump proved that people stand for nothing, and will continue to do so. Failing to admit that you made a mistake is the biggest lie that you can tell yourself. Those people lie to themselves every single day to feel like they got what they wanted.

If their intention was to pick the lesser of two evils, then they could have started the process of finding a better candidate immediately after he won. Not only have they failed to do that...but, they've helped Trump dismantle every single candidate that they could have possibly had in the future. They have no future. I don't think they understand what the future is. They only know how to go balls-to-the-wall in the present and defend their mistakes no matter what. Trump isn't going to be here forever...and the republican party is going to be a burned-out husk when he's gone. Of course, there's so much corruption on every level of the federal government now, that it might not even matter. We've certainly seen failing regimes exist for decades under the sheer influence of corruption and blood money. Pretty sure that has always been what Trump had in mind.

Highly doubt even the republicans would believe the shit that tabloids put out.

The more I read about Hillary, the more I abhor her. She apparently voted to allow ICE, so she's one of the politicians who led to the problem we're having now with ICE rounding up immigrants and migrants and separating them. One good thing about Trump's victory is that we realized just what's going on, and how long it's been going on.

Who the hell has official statistics about which side of the political spectrum buys those magazines?

Of course I don't have statistics about that shit. But, I also don't need statistics about that.

So in other words you have nothing. You are making things up based on your politcal leanings. Your post was irrelevant and had absolutely 0 factuality to it. Glad we could clear that up.

Highly doubt even the republicans would believe the shit that tabloids put out.

The more I read about Hillary, the more I abhor her. She apparently voted to allow ICE, so she's one of the politicians who led to the problem we're having now with ICE rounding up immigrants and migrants and separating them. One good thing about Trump's victory is that we realized just what's going on, and how long it's been going on.

It wasn't the same though. Trump administrations policy led directly to this.

But it also gained awareness of how migrants are treated. Hillary is smart enough to keep quiet about this, and so was Obama. Now, we could perhaps do something to take out ICE or make sure shit like this doesn't happen again.

Though, I don't know if Trump Administration's policy actually led to this, or if it was already in place.

Of course I don't have statistics about that shit. But, I also don't need statistics about that.

So in other words you have nothing. You are making things up based on your politcal leanings. Your post was irrelevant and had absolutely 0 factuality to it. Glad we could clear that up.

Spinning your wheels hard, if my lack of "statistics" about whether republicans buy more tabloids than democrats is all you have to your defense here. Sounds more like an empty "I win" claim than anything else. You know why those statistics don't exist? Because no one gives a big enough shit to do them...

Also just noticed that you cut off a strong "because" that I mentioned earlier.

As a "No" than.

Did you just actually describe...you?

Asking for some random bullshit statistic when it suits you, just so you can feel how you "won" some argument. That's not how it works.

And the last two discussions (and before) you've been just dodging and spinning, asking for clear answers, and when you are provided, you just pop out in somewhere random trying to give a "objective remerak" when they rarely aren't.

And a few days before you asked me if I can say that I'm not part of some circle jerk here (and I told you I can for sure, since even though I share some of the opinions here with some people, I tend to dissagree with a lot of people on some things) yet... you tend to pop out from time to time to make some snarky remark to Kevin's posts :lol:

Oh give it time. I'll respond to your posts in the other topic soon. With my work I've not had the time to actually sit down and fully discuss everything. There were some posts that looked like short novels so be patient. Go count your finger tips or something.

Spinning your wheels hard, if my lack of "statistics" about whether republicans buy more tabloids than democrats is all you have to your defense here. Sounds more like an empty "I win" claim than anything else. You know why those statistics don't exist? Because no one gives a big enough shit to do them...

Also just noticed that you cut off a strong "because" that I mentioned earlier.

I didn't include your "because".....because it was pointless. You seem to think only Republicans can believe conspiracy theories and space lizards. Yet there are plenty of democrats who still think Bush did 9/11.

But I'll drop it now. It was my mistake for thinking that when you post something on here, you should be able to back it up. Hell, M3J thinks Jesus wouldn't sit with republicans and yet even he seemed to disagree with you.

Oh give it time. I'll respond to your posts in the other topic soon. With my work I've not had the time to actually sit down and fully discuss everything. There were some posts that looked like short novels so be patient. Go count your finger tips or something.

Sure man, no problem. I just didn't find it very nice to pop up randomly with some questions trying to "get me", then leave, then do that again, and then just doing a snarky remark which resembled something like you supposedly "called me out" before :)

Saw this don't know how true this is

FOR THOSE THAT THINK THE CHILDREN ARE ( RIPPED ) OUT OF PARENTS ARMS !!! I am compelled to tell you something most people in America are not aware of & I guarantee you that most people around the world are not being told. It has to do with the children of illegal aliens being ripped from the arms, and sometimes from the nursing breasts of their mothers, thrown into cages and treated little better than dogs...all at the hands of the tyrannical Trump administration.

But you won't believe what just a little research has revealed. Keep in mind, this is the research the Far Left & the MSM are banking on you will never do. If you don't know the facts, they are free to lie & brainwash & mis-represent to their heart's content. And once the lie is out there & repeated enough times...well, it becomes the facts! So listen up now!

International law...the very International law that the Far Left (think Obama administration) were demanding the US follow, requires that refugees fleeing a country & seeking asylum do so in the very first country they enter, providing that country will not continue to persecute them. In the instances of the Central, South & Latin American refugees, that country would be Mexico.

But Mexico advises the refugees NOT to request asylum because Mexico will deny the request. They don't want them! And if the request is denied, the refugee is required to go back to their country of origin. But something else is being violated here. Mexico (under International law) is NOT permitted to refuse a legitimate request for asylum nor are they permitted to send the asylum seeker back into harms way.

But if the request for asylum is not legitimate and substantiated, then Mexico is free to refuse them. Which is what they are doing.

In these instances the refugees are advised, educated and assisted in making their way to the US. Those that are legitimate refugees with substantiating reasons for seeking asylum...reasons that should allow them to be granted asylum by the US, are directed & assisted by the Mexican government to specific & official border checkpoints. In certain instances, Mexico delivers them to the checkpoint!

Those that have no hope of attaining asylum however, because their requests are fraudulent, are advised, educated and assisted by the Mexican government as to the best location and times to sneak across the US Border illegally, such to minimize the chances of being caught, detained and deported. They are advised that if they are captured, to immediately request asylum.

But when a foreign national is caught illegally crossing the US border, they are detained by border patrol and placed in a temporary holding facility. wherein they are processed and eventually deported. If the illegal alien has children with them, the process is markedly different.

The parents (or adult guardians) and the children are housed together (at US taxpayer expense) for twenty days. During those twenty days they are advised as to the laws they have broken and they are provided with numerous options to remedy their plight.

They are permitted (without being charged with a crime) to re-cross the border (with their children) into Mexico and make their way to an official checkpoint where they can legally and appropriately seek asylum.

If they refuse that option, and decide to remain in detention, they are told they will be charged with a felony and detained awaiting a deportation order from a US court. The order can take up to several months because of the back log.

During that time, their children will be removed from their custody & placed elsewhere because US & International law forbids the housing or co-mingling of children in adult detention facilities. The children will be placed with other family members currently residing legally in America or with a licensed foster facility until such time as the deportation order is received and executed. At the time of deportation the children are reunited with the parents and taken back across the border as a family through a reciprocity agreement the US has with Mexico.

The illegal aliens are advised NUMEROUS times within those 20 days that they will be charged with felony border crossing should they not return to Mexico voluntarily. In so denying this option, they are told their chances of every getting into the US legally are eliminated.

You see, these people are advised quite well as to their situation and their options. They are treated fairly and humanely. At anytime during the twenty day detention they can opt to return to Mexico voluntarily and attempt to enter the US through proper means and channels, this avoiding a criminal record in the US.

Children are NOT being ripped away from their parents. If the children are removed it is because the parent chose for that to happen.

This is not what the Democrats, the Far Left & the MSM are leading you to believe however. This is NOT what the civil rights organizations & activists are telling you. You are being lied to & deceived because they bank on your apathy & ignorance of information on this & other immigration matters. They are looking only to discredit the current president & his administration.

At no time is the enforcement of these laws, rules and protocols in any way harsher or more frequent than what took place under Obama.

You are being played like a fiddle! But now you know the truth! So spread it!

Where did you get this from?

And Obama is "far left"?

This post from whereever it is didn't reveal avsolutely anything mire than what you could have found out yourself if you are willing to.

Is it used against Trump? Of course it when it was announced few months ago and led directly to this.

I'm not sure at who is directed thus to really. They proably agree with the method of criminaly prosecuting illegal immigrants that leads to separation and that kind of treatment of children. If they surely don't, then they are attacking the wrong people alltogather.

They are given the option to go to Mexico? It sure as hell isn't that safe there for them also. And not really economicly viable. They can't really go back anywhere. But people don't care about that.

And if anything it isn't a play on apathy and ignorance. It's the complete opposite! And that there is a way of go about this problem in a way more decent manner.

Where did you get this from?

And Obama is "far left"?

This post from whereever it is didn't reveal avsolutely anything mire than what you could have found out yourself if you are willing to.

Is it used against Trump? Of course it when it was announced few months ago and led directly to this.

I'm not sure at who is directed thus to really. They proably agree with the method of criminaly prosecuting illegal immigrants that leads to separation and that kind of treatment of children. If they surely don't, then they are attacking the wrong people alltogather.

They are given the option to go to Mexico? It sure as hell isn't that safe there for them also. And not really economicly viable. They can't really go back anywhere. But people don't care about that.

And if anything it isn't a play on apathy and ignorance. It's the complete opposite! And that there is a way of go about this problem in a way more decent manner.

it said that in the first few lines.Also kinda have an issue with Mexico telling people how to enter illegally

Archived