U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he just talked about the Texas flooding...said there had never been a flood this bad in history (que?). I refuse to believe this guy could be that ignorant. He must be trolling. And he found a way to turn that press briefing into a briefing about other shit...like some cyber security pact with Finland...(I think?). I don't know...this dude just lives on another planet...

And he just talked about the Texas flooding...said there had never been a flood this bad in history (que?). I refuse to believe this guy could be that ignorant. He must be trolling. And he found a way to turn that press briefing into a briefing about other shit...like some cyber security pact with Finland...(I think?). I don't know...this dude just lives on another planet...

Was he talking about the worst flood in Texas history or US? I'm not sure how this flood ranks overall but I know the National Weather Service said on Twitter that "This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced."...for what its worth.

Also as you obviously know, hes having a joint conference with the Finland President so its not surprising that he's talking about issues other than the flooding in Texas.

Was he talking about the worst flood in Texas history or US? I'm not sure how this flood ranks overall but I know the National Weather Service said on Twitter that "This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced."...for what its worth.

Also as you obviously know, hes having a joint conference with the Finland President so its not surprising that he's talking about issues other than the flooding in Texas.

He didn't specify. Why would Trump ever specify?

He literally said something like "Wow...I can't remember anything like this every happening. Wow." I don't know...it's like deciphering something a 6 year old said. How am I supposed to know what he meant?

And as for the second part...you don't do shit like that. If you hold a press briefing during a national disaster, it better be 100% about that disaster, and it better have more substance to it than just "this is a really bad disaster and America is strong".

At least it's better than him talking about going to Missouri where he had the biggest wins ever, or some other random shit.

Not from I've read from his tweets. It's shocking, but the twatwaffle probably went on a tirade about both to his aides or didn't feel the need to deflect attention.

Add that to the list of cringe words, lol. Jesus

Then there's all this stuff with Felix Sater...which is nothing that I didn't already assume from day one.

I bet you did.

Also if a joint press conference was assigned before then the media will obviously have other issues to discuss. With the Finnish President being there it was pretty plain to see it wouldn't be just about Harvey. It would be better for him to go down to assess the damage afterwards (which he is doing now) and then hold a press conference down in Texas without another world leader there. At this point you're just nitpicking something ridiculous to be honest. You can really only do and say so much during a duel conference about one topic. It wouldn't have been good enough for anyone no matter what.

Wait till he gets down there and speaks. Then if he says something off base then I will understand the backlash. You may just do best to ignore him and politics if you're going to constantly be triggered by shit. It would legit help you settle down. Maybe only a little for someone as high strung as you about things but it will help. Stop listening to news just for a few days or a couple weeks even.

Then there's all this stuff with Felix Sater...which is nothing that I didn't already assume from day one.

I bet you did.

Meaning what? Literally everything I've been saying about Trump since before he even became president has come true in one way or another. Only the willfully ignorant refuse to believe all the shit about the dude. You can literally have the facts right in front of you that he was handed a win by the mafia and the Russians, and you'd ignore it just because he's your guy.

I bet you did.

Meaning what? Literally everything I've been saying about Trump since before he even became president has come true in one way or another. Only the willfully ignorant refuse to believe all the shit about the dude. You can literally have the facts right in front of you that he was handed a win by the mafia and the Russians, and you'd ignore it just because he's your guy.

As false as your belief that he's my guy, lol.

Don't know this is been posted because frankly I'm too lazy to look through Page after page it turns out the guy who say got stabbed because he had a Neo-Nazi haircut made the whole thing up and he actually stab himself

Not shocked. Luckily this wasn't the early 20th century otherwise the KKK, Nazis, or white supremacists would be causing more violence.

It is a good decision both economically and politically.

*censored*ing how?

I really can't even tell if you're being serious or trolling anymore.

I am serious, I supported Trump for his stances regarding immigration. I mentioned that in the OP of the original thread in 2015, and it seems like Trump is coming through regarding his immigration promises.

Getting ride of DACA is good both politically and economically imo.

It is a good decision both economically and politically.

*censored*ing how?

I really can't even tell if you're being serious or trolling anymore.

I am serious, I supported Trump for his stances regarding immigration. I mentioned that in the OP of the original thread in 2015, and it seems like Trump is coming through regarding his immigration promises.

Getting ride of DACA is good both politically and economically imo.

Could you explain why for those who don't see your point of view?

Getting rid of DACA and limiting immigration are bad moves when immigrants are more than willing to do jobs that Americans who whine about jobs being stolen aren't willing to do, and a lot of immigrants have also created more jobs. What's more is that the onus should be placed on Americans whose jobs have been "stolen" and the companies for hiring immigrants, not immigrants themselves. In what world would anyone common sense hire someone who's less competent when they can get someone more competent at less cost?

Being competent doesn't matter if the cost is low enough. It's all about paying less.

Officially the shittiest way to view the world...and life in general.

Why support someone who is all about his personal bottom line? And don't give me the "that's politics" line that you're famous for...because, you're the same guy who always argued against the "lesser of two evils" argument when it came to people voting Hillary over Trump. You just sound like a hypocrite. (And don't even think about turning the discussion down that road again. It was a single reference point, not an invitation for the same argument that we've had a thousand times).

And there are more important things in this world than money...as we're clearly seeing with all of the civil unrest being caused on a daily basis by the Trump presidency. The well-being of a country comes down to a lot more than monetary issues. We're in a never-ending state of turmoil under this administration, and it isn't healthy for any of us. Money hardly even matters at this point.

Archived