U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Welcome to politics.

No. You are a deplorable human being for saying that. And I thought Trump was supposed to be "anti-politician"...drain the swamp, yeah? From my angle, the Swamp is full of raw sewage right now...

Inciting hatred on one side of a conflict without condemning the other side in the same speech is definitely more than just "acceptable politics".

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would there be an Antifa without the white supremacists, though? I don't think anyone ever said that Antifa were good, or in the right. But, they're a counter-measure for the evil that sprouted on the other side. That's like releasing a swarm of wasps...then having spiders catch and eat those wasps. Then saying "yeah, but the spiders have webs and venom..." ... If there were no white supremacists or neo nazis, then Antifa would literally cease to exist. They wouldn't have anything to oppose. They're an extremist counter-measure to a specific group. Hell...if our fearless president had done a better job of shooting down the white supremacists himself (by which, I mean nipping them in the bud, not literally shooting...just to clarify for certain people), then he probably could have stopped Antifa from ever existing. I think they exist because they feel like no one is doing anything to stop that neo nazi movement. The white supremacist movement is a statement. Bold and direct. "We are racist, and we exist, and we want people to join us in being racist"...and Antifa is a response to that statement..."We are extremists, we don't like you, we will do everything in our power to make you go away"...

Expect, Antifa is a extremist group that is basically communist and is against what the USA is supposed to be about. They believe that anyone who is on the right is wrong and should be gone. They stabed someone because they looked like a Neo-Nazi, just because of his look. They are more than willing to fight the police due to you know being against them. They really at the heart of it all, just want to watch the world burn and are using the white nationalist movement and Trump ad a way to get approval, and people give it to them. Just because someone is an enemy of my enemy doesn't make them your friend, just look at one of the original supporters of the whole Antifa movement in the 30's Joseph Stalin, and we know he was equal or even worse than Hitler.

If *insert whatever asshole group here* are nothing but scum, they should do the world a favor and *Censored* off. Be it Neo-Nazis, ISIS, whatever. Or Antifa if they are actually so bad, then sure why not them.

Donald Trump should have done a better job condemning the Neo-Nazis though. One side 'just wants the watch the world burn' which sounds laughable. The other is racist, which is a huge no-no and way worse than what Antifi stand for, even if they both are superviolent.

Him condemning them later is just obvious damage control

Yeah like, slavery alone makes it oppressive lmao

Bdon to say that the confederacy weren't fighting for slavery in 3,2,1...

But seriously...slavery aside, how were the confederacy "not oppressive"? At the very least, it was a war. They entered people's homes, took their food, etc. And yeah...no amount of people claiming that the confederacy "wasn't fighting for slavery" will convince me that they weren't fighting for slavery. Especially when a lot of those same people are out there saying that the Jewish holocaust never happened. Do research? I have. I've even visited places like Gettysburg, and Jockey Hollow. I'm not some historical invalid.

Not to mention, the South also chased after slaves who were running away and either killed them or forcefully brought them back to their masters. That's pretty oppressive, yeah?

Either way, I find it bullshit for our "president" to condemn Antifa (by name)...but not do the same with the white nationalists. First he says there are "two sides" and both are equally bad...then he specifically calls out Antifa at his rally, which sounded like nothing short of a call to arms against one specific side. Anyone wanting to say that Trump doesn't fuel the white nationalist party needs to get their head checked. He does shit like this on the reg...and it is NOT okay.

He's pandering to the Nazis for their votes. Apparently to cause violence too if he's impeached or is forced to resign, but I don't know if that's true. But either way, it's obvious he's on the Nazis' side, and I don't get why people keep bringing up him denouncing KKK to prove otherwise.

In any case, we should very wary of the people who are against beating up Nazis, KKK, and other evil groups. Wonder how they'd react to BLM people being beaten up though....

If *insert whatever asshole group here* are nothing but scum, they should do the world a favor and *Censored* off. Be it Neo-Nazis, ISIS, whatever. Or Antifa if they are actually so bad, then sure why not them.

Donald Trump should have done a better job condemning the Neo-Nazis though. One side 'just wants the watch the world burn' which sounds laughable. The other is racist, which is a huge no-no and way worse than what Antifi stand for, even if they both are superviolent.

Him condemning them later is just obvious damage control

I don't want to diminish the whole racist thing but I have to disagree. At the very least they're the same. Both use violence. Both love the idea of centralized government. Both are oppressive of the sides they don't agree with. Antifa are communists and want to violently control what you say and do. They hate racism but only when it's from whites. Just because the term racist is thrown out there for supremacists doesn't mean it should be automatically taken as worse. In actual beliefs and acts they are virtually the same. Both use facism and have superiority complexes whether it's social or physical and use it to hurt and supress others.

The term Antifa is not as well know or bad sounding so they have the advantage of those ignorant to them. Everyone knows who the KKK is.

"In any case, we should very wary of the people who are against beating up Nazis, KKK, and other evil groups. Wonder how they'd react to BLM people being beaten up though...."

@ M3J To be honest any violence brought down on any of these groups at this point will be among themselves and I can't say that most of them didn't ask for it. But that doesn't mean this should be ok. While it might not be surprising It will only breed more hate and violence. You saying we should be wary is ridiculous and dangerous. No one should be promoting violence no matter what. You should know the consequences that it will bring. Just because people are against beating them up doesn't mean they support them. You are fear mongering at this point.

Let's see how Trump handles a category 4 storm it would be his first emergency disaster

Trump: "I would like to extend my deepest concerns to all the Americans that have been affected by this storm. Our prayers are with them, and this administration is fully committed to helping them with everything they need." ...followed by 25 minutes of how he's done more in six months than Obama did in 8 years, how he has been treated so unfairly when Hillary did much worse, blah blah blah...same crap same crap.

Welcome to politics.

No. You are a deplorable human being for saying that. And I thought Trump was supposed to be "anti-politician"...drain the swamp, yeah? From my angle, the Swamp is full of raw sewage right now...

Inciting hatred on one side of a conflict without condemning the other side in the same speech is definitely more than just "acceptable politics".

I never said it was acceptable. I just stated what it was, lol.

Also I think a person would be reaching (maybe even wishful) if they think Trump has some kind of ties to White Supremacy groups or something to look even more terrible than he does already. They want so bad to find a reason to hate him more. The right did the same thing to Obama who was also a piece of shit to be honest like most of our elected officials. Obama played favors to the BLM, he played favors to those on the gun control side. There is always a narrative and it always singles out the opposite side of who's controlling the White House. Now the right are in office and the left are crying like little bitches about every single thing they do. Trump picks his nose and the vultures are all over it. Back when Obama played Golf the right freaked out over him playing Golf. I don't know why it seems like everyone's minds just wipe every 4 years and forget what they faced the prior 4-8 years. It's nonsense. The same shit is happening now but the ones that were giving shit to the right wing complainers are now the ones complaining. The irony each cycle is full front and center and nobody sees it.

Trump is facing no more scandals than Obama or Bush did and he'll get away with anything he does just like they did. No impeachment incoming for him so everyone should just get that out of their heads. If Hillary can walk away "clean" then they all will. Bought and Paid for.

Trump is facing no more scandals than Obama or Bush did and he'll get away with anything he does just like they did. No impeachment incoming for him so everyone should just get that out of their heads. If Hillary can walk away "clean" then they all will. Bought and Paid for.

Bullshit.

And willful ignorance.

Let's see how Trump handles a category 4 storm it would be his first emergency disaster

Dipshit handled it by banning transgenders from the army, among other stuff. Clearly the racist doesn't care, and he is either a white supremacist or okay with white supremacy, despite what anyone wants to claim.

And I will continue to promote violence against genocidal xenophobes like the Nazis and KKK until they stop being murderous and xenophobic. We set a dangerous precedence by being nice to these horrible people.

I feel like the whole issue of "freedom of speech" is too convoluted and not well defined at all. It's like freedom of speech means different things to different people, instead of being a well defined law it's more of an unwritten rule. Should freedom of speech really give people the right to say they are going to kill someone or that they hate someone based on their skin color, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation?

I feel like the whole issue of "freedom of speech" is too convoluted and not well defined at all. It's like freedom of speech means different things to different people, instead of being a well defined law it's more of an unwritten rule. Should freedom of speech really give people the right to say they are going to kill someone or that they hate someone based on their skin color, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation?

Nope.

And it literally doesn't. Which is why it's always bullshit when people claim that they can say whatever they want because of the first amendment. If you tell someone that you're going to kill them, it's called a terroristic threat, and you can be arrested for it. That shouldn't change. And hate speech should always be rejected as well. All those people who talk about freedom of speech, are always wanting to hide behind it as a means of being a complete asshole. But we don't tolerate that shit as a society, and we shouldn't. As soon as Trump is gone, those people can slink back into the holes they crawled out of, because the support they have for being jerkoffs will be gone.

They shouldn't have the right to say they'll kill someone, but the thing about freedom of speech is that while they may be allowed to say whatever shit they want, they certainly aren't protected from the consequences.

Bullshit.

And willful ignorance.

NTXbuW1.gif

Nope.

And it literally doesn't. Which is why it's always bullshit when people claim that they can say whatever they want because of the first amendment. If you tell someone that you're going to kill them, it's called a terroristic threat, and you can be arrested for it. That shouldn't change. And hate speech should always be rejected as well. All those people who talk about freedom of speech, are always wanting to hide behind it as a means of being a complete asshole. But we don't tolerate that shit as a society, and we shouldn't. As soon as Trump is gone, those people can slink back into the holes they crawled out of, because the support they have for being jerkoffs will be gone.

Hate to break it to you. You don't have a human right that says everyone should be nice to you. If you believe that then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You are creating a victimization mentality for yourself and others. It's not a human right to be nice. Someone can hate you for any reason. If someone lets words hurt or offend them, then that's on them. It's immorally wrong sure, but don't confuse it. We have a constitutional right to say what we want. You want to interpret the First Amendment differently then that's on you too. If someone is not interfering with someone else's rights, speech, or physical well being then them hating someone else for any reason or calling them names is their right until so. Sounds shitty but grow a spine.

Threats are a different beast all together but to say that no one has a right to be mean to someone or that it shouldn't be allowed goes against everything the Bill of Rights was put in place for. We should strive to teach strong morals to people including our children. Promoting false beliefs as rights, coddling, and promoting violence against people you don't agree with no matter how awful isn't exactly the way you go about making the world a better place than it is. Fortunately society mostly rejects hate speech. They really can't stop it from existing however, but it's not like this is some epidemic and that white supremacists rule the nation by the majority. I mean even saying it sounds like some fairy tale Van Jones conjured up on CNN. Ridiculous. And weren't you just bitching about oppression a day ago? I guess it's cool to be oppressive when you disagree with something.

"And I will continue to promote violence against genocidal xenophobes like the Nazis and KKK until they stop being murderous and xenophobic. We set a dangerous precedence by being nice to these horrible people."

You do what you want M3J. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't change anything. As I said. It will only get worse if violence continues on both sides. And the more aggressive you are against hate groups the more terrible they become. You don't really look at things in a bigger picture though. You run far too much off of emotion.

If Americans defended freedom of health and freedom of education as much as freedom of gate speech, the country would be 300 years into the future

Bullshit.

And willful ignorance.

NTXbuW1.gif

Nope.

Hate to break it to you. You don't have a human right that says everyone should be nice to you. If you believe that then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. You are creating a victimization mentality for yourself and others. It's not a human right to be nice. Someone can hate you for any reason. If someone lets words hurt or offend them, then that's on them. It's immorally wrong sure, but don't confuse it. We have a constitutional right to say what we want. You want to interpret the First Amendment differently then that's on you too. If someone is not interfering with someone else's rights, speech, or physical well being then them hating someone else for any reason or calling them names is their right until so. Sounds shitty but grow a spine.

Threats are a different beast all together but to say that no one has a right to be mean to someone or that it shouldn't be allowed goes against everything the Bill of Rights was put in place for. We should strive to teach strong morals to people including our children. Promoting false beliefs as rights, coddling, and promoting violence against people you don't agree with no matter how awful isn't exactly the way you go about making the world a better place than it is. Fortunately society mostly rejects hate speech. They really can't stop it from existing however, but it's not like this is some epidemic and that white supremacists rule the nation by the majority. I mean even saying it sounds like some fairy tale Van Jones conjured up on CNN. Ridiculous. And weren't you just bitching about oppression a day ago? I guess it's cool to be oppressive when you disagree with something.

"And I will continue to promote violence against genocidal xenophobes like the Nazis and KKK until they stop being murderous and xenophobic. We set a dangerous precedence by being nice to these horrible people."

You do what you want M3J. Just don't be surprised when it doesn't change anything. As I said. It will only get worse if violence continues on both sides. And the more aggressive you are against hate groups the more terrible they become. You don't really look at things in a bigger picture though. You run far too much off of emotion.

Putting a snarky doesn't make you less wrong bdon.

Given that anti-hate groups managed to scare snowflake Nazis and white supremacists into canceling their rallies, it looks like they're doing something right. And nonviolence doesn't work that well, MLK Jr was still murdered, and racism still exists to this day. And the dipshit-in-chief just brought out the worst side of USA.

Often, people who claim to be concerned about USA becoming more divided usually aren't really concerned, as long as their group stays in power. A lot of white people will complain about how Obama divided USA, but Trump has been way worse, and yet they stay silent and support him anyway. A lot of white people will complain about white privilege despite being shown proof, when they can easily acknowledge that they have privilege and use it to help others. There are some white people and celebrities actually doing that, even.

If Americans defended freedom of health and freedom of education as much as freedom of gate speech, the country would be 300 years into the future

True. If Americans were as passionate about health care and education as they are about freedom of speech, oh and guns, then we would be the most healthy and educated people on the planet.

Trump now lifting a ban that will give local police forces surplus military gear. This *censored*ing dude. And if the military has "surplus gear"...then what the hell did they need such a massive budget increase for?

As if Officer "shoot first, ask questions later" really needs military gear. Step-one into militarizing our police forces and putting us in a military state. Hope everyone likes standing in line for their rations...(yes, that's an exaggeration)...or is it?

Ironically, people had conspiracy theories about Obama putting us in an MP state...and here comes the truth of the matter. Last year, my dad was big into believing that shit about Obama controlling the streets with military police...he fully supports Trump. And here we are, closer to that reality than ever before. These people are delusional.

Archived