U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump did so after a meeting with Putin in 2017 in Hamburg that was also attended by then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. U.S. officials learned of Trump’s actions when a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought information from the interpreter beyond a readout shared by Tillerson.

The constraints that Trump imposed are part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States’ main adversaries.

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/world/trump-has-concealed-details-of-his-face-to-face-encounters-with-putin-from-senior-officials-in-administration/ar-BBSanFz

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I long for the days when I can forget Trump in general. Because, those days will come. Just as they came for Tricky Dick, Bush, or any of the others. Of course, I also don't want the world to simply forget about Trump...I want him to be punished for crimes against humanity, treason, business malpractice, fraud...and all of the other countless crimes he has committed both in his presidency and in his civilian life.

I really do want to hear what Trump has to offer this country. Im really open to what someone can tell me.

Go to Jackson, NJ and ask people. Hell, NJ has tons of Trump supporters, they'll tell you.

It's the wall, his racism, sexism, Islamophobia, anti-abortion views, "speaking frankly," and being conservative that's making people think he can offer a lot to the country when in reality, all that is just hurting this country.

Yup...buzz words.

And they like outrageous numbers too. Saw some guy on FB say that illegal immigrants are costing the US $150,000,000,000,000 dollars a year or something ridiculous like that. I asked him where he got that number, and whether it pertained to damages done by illegals, or the cost of ICE to ship them back. Still waiting for an answer. :lol: Of course, it's a bogus sum that he pulled out of his ass to sound legit...so I don't really expect anything. And no, I didn't botch that amount. That is how many zeros he typed. Lmao. Like...how would you even pretend to figure a number like that? What is the basis for it?

I really do want to hear what Trump has to offer this country. Im really open to what someone can tell me.

The primary issue President was elected to help alleviate was the issue of illegal immigration. Stopping and or seriously reducing illegal immigration would greatly improve the United States both socially and economically. Specifically regarding crime, non-assimilation, and driving down wages.

Withdrawing from conflicts such as Syria (and having an America First view of foreign policy in general), putting American businesses first stopping harmful international free trade practices, and restrictive travel bans on countries which pose a serious security risk are all beneficial policies purposed/campaigned by the President.

If the President were to enact his purposed policies on these issues just to name a few it would be greatly beneficial to the U.S.. The President and his purposed polices have a lot to offer the country.

Too bad he is a terrible leader who can't make a deal to safe his life. He lacks proper. real world leadership skills and doesn't know how to communicate in a respectful manner with other world leaders, plus he seems to have some sort of sneaky business going on with Putin on top of insulting everyone that has something negative to say about anything related to him. If he weren't all these things and more he could enact his policies by being able to work with his colleagues. Probably was a bad idea to insult everyone in his path.

The primary issue President was elected to help alleviate was the issue of illegal immigration. Stopping and or seriously reducing illegal immigration would greatly improve the United States both socially and economically. Specifically regarding crime, non-assimilation, and driving down wages.

Withdrawing from conflicts such as Syria (and having an America First view of foreign policy in general), putting American businesses first stopping harmful international free trade practices, and restrictive travel bans on countries which pose a serious security risk are all beneficial policies purposed/campaigned by the President.

If the President were to enact his purposed policies on these issues just to name a few it would be greatly beneficial to the U.S.. The President and his purposed polices have a lot to offer the country.

I'm not seeing these stats that illegal immigrants are hurting our country. At this point in time the people doing the most killings of Americans are other Americans. Gun control is still very much a issue. On top of that how does a wall help stop anything. There is proof of underground tunnels, that they could cut through the wall, and that the current walls that are up around Arizona (I think?) just aren't working. Plus the fact that most illegal's come in the country legally on vacation and just don't leave.

On top of that company's are still leaving and he isn't doing anything to stop them.

He talks a big talk but can't deliver. He hasn't done a single thing he said he would do when he ran and people who voted him are ok with it cause he just shifts the blame to other people. Not only that the dude has tons of shady dealings with the Russian which could be the biggest danger to us because the president has a huge mouth and likes to talk alot.

It totally is. And when you bring up facts they just try to get loud and throw around terms to try and rattle people.

Yeah or block you and then criticize snowflakes

Yup...buzz words.

And they like outrageous numbers too. Saw some guy on FB say that illegal immigrants are costing the US $150,000,000,000,000 dollars a year or something ridiculous like that. I asked him where he got that number, and whether it pertained to damages done by illegals, or the cost of ICE to ship them back. Still waiting for an answer. :lol: Of course, it's a bogus sum that he pulled out of his ass to sound legit...so I don't really expect anything. And no, I didn't botch that amount. That is how many zeros he typed. Lmao. Like...how would you even pretend to figure a number like that? What is the basis for it?

That's what conservatives do. I still remember how they claimed 97% of services rendered by Planned Parenthood were abortion, even when Planned Parenthood said it was about 3-5%. Studies even say illegal immigration comes from people coming here legally but staying longer than they're supposed to, and yet they think wall will significantly reduce immigration.

From what I've read, a stronger crackdown on illegal immigration is actually hurting some farmers as they can't find anyone else to help them harvest. Further proves how BS the whole "job stealing" claim is, when despite vacancies people still don't wanna do the job left behind by immigrants.

Ignore this guy, from what I remember most of the things he's said in this thread have been nonsensical or baseless, like Gen's friend that he was talking about.

I'd love to know why or how some of these laws came about

Seeing how dumb people are when it comes to supporting bullshit legislation that directly harms them (FCC killing net neutrality, anyone?)...I'd say that a place as backwards as Florida probably voted for it themselves. Can't underestimate the power of brainwashed simpletons.

But it'd take something for the politicians to take it seriously, and I wanna know what. WHy would anyone want to waste time passing a law that outlaws putting ice cream in the back pocket? Why did someone even think of that? What even?

Archived