U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

I don't think I'll ever look back at Bush in a negative light. Nothing to do with his politics, I was just in a very good place at that time and had a pretty happy mood overall. I loved my job, I had my first serious girl friend and was madly in love. I loved that time and rarely thought about politics back then though I was aware things weren't great. With Clinton same thing, everything was peachy. With Trump everything seems dark and gloomy and he and his politics are directly responsible for a lot of the negativity going on right now.

Like what? I feel like what you're saying is back then you didn't pay much attention to politics, and everything seemed great. But now you pay more attention to politics/the news and everything is awful. If you took a month, no news, no twitter, no facebook etc....would you still have days where you felt like Trump was ruining the world around you and have all that negativity? Or would you simply live your life with your girlfriend and enjoy yourself?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cant just turn the TV off anymore and shut the whole world out. Everywhere I go I hear people arguing about what is going on in Washington like its the damn OJ trial all over. You cant mention words like police or guns or Muslim without getting into a political discussion. I just avoid discussions altogether to avoid offending anyone.

You cant just turn the TV off anymore and shut the whole world out. Everywhere I go I hear people arguing about what is going on in Washington like its the damn OJ trial all over. You cant mention words like police or guns or Muslim without getting into a political discussion. I just avoid discussions altogether to avoid offending anyone.

I think that's our biggest problem. We avoid discussion because we don't want to hurt people's feelings. If we can't discuss the real issues because someone is offended then nothing will change. It will just continue to get swept under the rug. We instead focus on telling people it's ok to believe in their 'truths' and not THE truth. We're in this big circus of lies because we won't talk about the truth. We break off into these echo chambers and pat ourselves on the back. We've closed ourselves off to accepting what's real. We don't want it to escalate because we're tired of wars. So we just want someone else to take care of it for us. Not real hard to see what's happening and how orchestrated this is. To be honest it makes total sense that someone like Trump is president. And from here on out, I wouldn't expect any future president to be any better.

If future presidents aren't any better than Trump mankind is doomed. If we don't learn anything from the current administration then we truly are a bunch of dummies. End of civilization.

Well that's a little dramatic. The president isn't really doing anything that others haven't done at some point. It all comes down to us is what I mean. If we don't get better then we shouldn't expect more. This country is ours. We just let too many idiots take it from us for their own benefit.

What we need to focus more on is what caused the rise of the current administration. There'll always be shitty candidates, the problem is that people need to realize that. Would Trump have gotten as many popular votes as he did if he didn't spout hateful and bigoted rhetoric? Would Hillary have won by more than 3 million if she actually campaigned better in states that weren't sure who to vote for and appealed better to normal workers?

Until we deal with the way people think and shit, we won't fix much. I mean, there are a group of people that voted for Roy Moore despite him trying to kiss an underage girl, and most of them said it was to piss off/trigger the liberals/left. A group of people supposedly worried about women if transgenders were allowed in women's bathrooms were okay with Trump saying "grab her by the pussy." :\

Anybody read about how the Trump administration is planning on or has already passed a bill to make child labor laws more lenient again? Not sure why this needed to happen at all? Is that a problem in this country, minors not being able to work? I mean perhaps this is part of the plan of getting rid of welfare is to let all those moms who have like 10 or 12 kids put them to work instead of relying on welfare checks.

That was my point, if we keep voting for idiots then there truly is no hope. Millions of people live in our country and we never truly vote for a "genius", it's always a popularity contest or a loud-mouth, not someone with a high I.Q.

No I just mean the end of civilization part. Wouldn't take it that far yet. IQ doesn't play that big of a role. You need to have common sense and a understanding of how the world works. You also need to be business savvy. You don't want someone legally retarded but a genius isn't necessarily the answer either.

What we need to focus more on is what caused the rise of the current administration. There'll always be shitty candidates, the problem is that people need to realize that. Would Trump have gotten as many popular votes as he did if he didn't spout hateful and bigoted rhetoric? Would Hillary have won by more than 3 million if she actually campaigned better in states that weren't sure who to vote for and appealed better to normal workers?

Until we deal with the way people think and shit, we won't fix much. I mean, there are a group of people that voted for Roy Moore despite him trying to kiss an underage girl, and most of them said it was to piss off/trigger the liberals/left. A group of people supposedly worried about women if transgenders were allowed in women's bathrooms were okay with Trump saying "grab her by the pussy." :\

Yeah no one cares about those issues because it doesn't effect them directly. People are more concerned with taxes, jobs, cost of living, ect. No one real gives a shit if someone grabbed someone by the pussy. We've gotten to a point where social issues have taken over politics and Trump is a result of people fed up with all of it. You may only see a country of racists but that's on you. He's a result of people like you to be honest.

Anybody read about how the Trump administration is planning on or has already passed a bill to make child labor laws more lenient again? Not sure why this needed to happen at all? Is that a problem in this country, minors not being able to work? I mean perhaps this is part of the plan of getting rid of welfare is to let all those moms who have like 10 or 12 kids put them to work instead of relying on welfare checks.

Probably because children are cheap labors as well?

That was my point, if we keep voting for idiots then there truly is no hope. Millions of people live in our country and we never truly vote for a "genius", it's always a popularity contest or a loud-mouth, not someone with a high I.Q.

No I just mean the end of civilization part. Wouldn't take it that far yet. IQ doesn't play that big of a role. You need to have common sense and a understanding of how the world works. You also need to be business savvy. You don't want someone legally retarded but a genius isn't necessarily the answer either.

Yeah no one cares about those issues because it doesn't effect them directly. People are more concerned with taxes, jobs, cost of living, ect. No one real gives a shit if someone grabbed someone by the pussy. We've gotten to a point where social issues have taken over politics and Trump is a result of people fed up with all of it. You may only see a country of racists but that's on you. He's a result of people like you to be honest.

They actually do care about those issues. If they didn't, then I wouldn't be seeing people protest Target or make posts and tweets about their fake concern for women's safety. In any case, this was an example of hypocrisy.

That's not on me when there actual facts backed up by there being racists in this country. I don't know if you keep up with the actual news, but there have been white people calling cops on black people who did nothing but wait in a Starbucks or take a nap in her dorm.

Trump's the result of republican voters believing anything that agrees with them and believing Trump's claim that any criticism is fake news, without realizing why he'd say that. as well as Trump's bigoted rhetoric. Blaming the liberals/left is stupid.

Probably because children are cheap labors as well?

They actually do care about those issues. If they didn't, then I wouldn't be seeing people protest Target or make posts and tweets about their fake concern for women's safety. In any case, this was an example of hypocrisy.

That's not on me when there actual facts backed up by there being racists in this country. I don't know if you keep up with the actual news, but there have been white people calling cops on black people who did nothing but wait in a Starbucks or take a nap in her dorm.

Trump's the result of republican voters believing anything that agrees with them and believing Trump's claim that any criticism is fake news, without realizing why he'd say that. as well as Trump's bigoted rhetoric. Blaming the liberals/left is stupid.

Lol mkay

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. General Assembly has voted to take a first step toward establishing a Global Pact for the Environment, a decision the United States opposed.

The 193-member world body approved a resolution Thursday by a vote of 143-5 with seven abstentions. Joining the U.S. in voting against the resolution were Russia, Turkey, Syria and the Philippines.

Gross

At least Russia had an argument to why it opposed it. And just because they voted against it now, doesn't mean they won't accept it in the near future. They rae not against it in principle.

US officials just said: "It's not in our interest."

Shieeeeeet quality post by poopdon again

This is flamebaiting. Stop it.

Shouldn't he be suspended by now? I skipped past bdon's post so I don't know what he said, but Imperio almost always does this, especially to bdon. Wouldn't that be considered harassment?

Trump, Putin and Erdogan.

The World is looking great

Don't forget Duterte as well. The handful of countries who opposed that resolution are basically a shortlist of shitty dictators. And there's the US...right alongside them.

Trump has turned us into disgraces, along with the right wingers who attacked Obama in disgusting ways.

Well, more so as Obama did salvage some image/rep that were lost under Bush. Unfortunately, he did such a good job that people actually think he wasn't a war criminal while lambasting Trump and Bush for attacking Middle East and kicking out illegal immigrants.

Shieeeeeet quality post by poopdon again

This is flamebaiting. Stop it.

Shouldn't he be suspended by now? I skipped past bdon's post so I don't know what he said, but Imperio almost always does this, especially to bdon. Wouldn't that be considered harassment?

?

There we go... "We knew Kim Jong Un couldn't be trusted!"

Then why the *Censored* are you conducting a big military drill a day before a important meeting?

"It's a joint excercise"... "We do it all over the world with our allies". Hmmmm... Then maybe, just maybe nations are scared that the US will continue it's warmongering?

And seriously *Censored* John Bolton. He has the nerve to call anyone an "axis of evil"?

There we go... "We knew Kim Jong Un couldn't be trusted!"

Then why the *Censored* are you conducting a big military drill a day before a important meeting?

"It's a joint excercise"... "We do it all over the world with our allies". Hmmmm... Then maybe, just maybe nations are scared that the US will continue it's warmongering?

And seriously *Censored* John Bolton. He has the nerve to call anyone an "axis of evil"?

Something we can agree on. John Bolton is the biggest warmonger piece of shit. I bet he's just loving all of this.

Archived