U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Lmao.

"I'm going to shoot up a school.

"Leave him alone. Freedom of speech."

*17 kids are shot to the death at school*

"Why did no one do anything?!"

This example is even more pertinent when you consider the fact that Nikolas Cruz was an alt-right white supremacist.

The way I see it, a simple punch is nothing compared to what they as white males have the political power to do. Nazis can heal from a punch, black people can't heal from gentrification, being driven from their neighborhoods, unjust policing, a faulty criminal justice system, etc.

Explicitly advocating/encouraging illegal activities is not the same as having a lawful opinion which you disagree with or may find offensive.

It's not a lawful "opinion" though.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao.

This example is even more pertinent when you consider the fact that Nikolas Cruz was an alt-right white supremacist.

The way I see it, a simple punch is nothing compared to what they as white males have the political power to do. Nazis can heal from a punch, black people can't heal from gentrification, being driven from their neighborhoods, unjust policing, a faulty criminal justice system, etc.

Explicitly advocating/encouraging illegal activities is not the same as having a lawful opinion which you disagree with or may find offensive.

What?

Literally replace "I'm going to shoot up a school." with "I am going to take to my country back for white people by getting rid of everybody else." and you have a Nazi. How the hell is that an opinion? That is a threat, they both are. Threats are opinions? You're trying to do this "I see everything objectively" thing but it really isn't working. You're smarter than this.

Vague statement, but if "getting ride of everybody else" means advocating the U.S. take lawful steps toward enacting specific desired immigration/deportation/citizenship policies then no that would not be the same as advocating explicit illegal violence.

Lmao.

It's not a lawful "opinion" though.

In the United States "bigoted" opinions are indeed lawful.

Also "hate speech" is not a thing.

That's just a nonsensical statement.

Hate speech doesn't exist? What does that even pretend to mean? "Hate speech"...language that is full of hate, or promotes hateful ideals. How is that "not a thing"? Surely you might want to rethink that dumb comment. Not that I'm surprised (based on things you've said in the past)...but, Christ.

Lmao.

What?

Literally replace "I'm going to shoot up a school." with "I am going to take to my country back for white people by getting rid of everybody else." and you have a Nazi. How the hell is that an opinion? That is a threat, they both are. Threats are opinions? You're trying to do this "I see everything objectively" thing but it really isn't working. You're smarter than this.

Vague statement, but if "getting ride of everybody else" means advocating the U.S. take lawful steps toward enacting specific desired immigration/deportation/citizenship policies then no that would not be the same as advocating explicit illegal violence.

We are talking about Nazis, the KKK, white supremacists. You know damn well thats not all theyre doing. Stop playing.

Hate speech doesn't exist? What does that even pretend to mean? "Hate speech"...language that is full of hate, or promotes hateful ideals. How is that "not a thing"? Surely you might want to rethink that dumb comment. Not that I'm surprised (based on things you've said in the past)...but, Christ.

Dont you see Gen? ObjectiveBot 3000 does not know :hate: He knows no nuance, only laws by the letter.

You guys need to ignore Undercard Jamoke. He's either a troll or an idiot, but he's not worth replying.

If the left were saying hateful things about the right or white people like Spencer and the Nazis do, then the right would be encouraging violence. Hell, they're okay with drivers running over BLM protesters or Trump supporters attacking anti-Trump supporters, or white supremacists running over "antifas." It's double standards.

We're talking about the same group whose logic to gun violence is to put more guns into more people's hands. Same group who are against abortion but would rather have baby drop off box for unwanted newborns. Same group who say banning guns won't make a difference and will make things worse but push for banning abortion as if that's ever worked.

There is no hate speech exception to the first amendment. So no, hate speech is not a thing legally. Hence people you may think are "bigoted" are free to express their opinions.

That's not violent, and there are consequences for expressing opinions, especially hateful and stupid opinions. It's usually a bigot that would defend people like Spencer or other Nazis or get mad at the hero punching them.

Punching someone in the face is kinda violent. No matter how bigoted someone is, resorting to violence over what they're saying only makes yourself look worse. If you said something I didn't like, does that justify me running up to you and decking you for expressing your opinion? I hate racists and bigots, but they still have the right to express their views without getting punched out, no matter how stupid and evil they are.

No, *Censored* that. Punching bigoted, genocidal maniacs is a good thing. The only people that'll us being worse would be those who are okay with the bigots and maniacs. I mean, history does tell us one of the reasons why Nazis and Hitler became so powerful was because people were silent and let them do whatever.

Did MLK punch the white cops that attacked the Civil Rights protestors when they were marching? No, and he was still able to make a huge impact on the treatment of black people in America all the same. Punching racists won't change anything. The attacker will likely go to jail for assault, and nothing will happen to the racist that got knocked out. If a guy ran up to Hitler and knocked him out, it wouldn't stop innocent people being put in concentration camps. Speaking out against racists/bigots IMO is the best way to combat racism without putting yourself at risk of getting arrested.

That's not violent, and there are consequences for expressing opinions, especially hateful and stupid opinions. It's usually a bigot that would defend people like Spencer or other Nazis or get mad at the hero punching them.

Punching someone in the face is kinda violent. No matter how bigoted someone is, resorting to violence over what they're saying only makes yourself look worse. If you said something I didn't like, does that justify me running up to you and decking you for expressing your opinion? I hate racists and bigots, but they still have the right to express their views without getting punched out, no matter how stupid and evil they are.

No, *Censored* that. Punching bigoted, genocidal maniacs is a good thing. The only people that'll us being worse would be those who are okay with the bigots and maniacs. I mean, history does tell us one of the reasons why Nazis and Hitler became so powerful was because people were silent and let them do whatever.

Did MLK punch the white cops that attacked the Civil Rights protestors when they were marching? No, and he was still able to make a huge impact on the treatment of black people in America all the same. Punching racists won't change anything. The attacker will likely go to jail for assault, and nothing will happen to the racist that got knocked out. If a guy ran up to Hitler and knocked him out, it wouldn't stop innocent people being put in concentration camps. Speaking out against racists/bigots IMO is the best way to combat racism without putting yourself at risk of getting arrested.

ANd guess what happened! MLK got assassinated by a white supremacist, and that's on top of white supremacists attacking him and his family, bombing their home, and other shit they've done to the Civil Rights Movement groups. Ultimately, his impact wasn't much, racism still exists and black people still experience racism and prejudice.

Punching racists might or might not change anything, but it'll let them know they can't say shit and expect to get away with it. And it's not just racists, but Neo Nazis who advocate for genocide. Why aren't you and Kevin getting this?

If a guy ran up to Hitler and killed him, it would have prevented concentration camps or from the camps lasting as long as they did. Speaking up against bigots and genocidal maniacs don't do anything, as history has taught us. You actually have to do something, and punching them is a good start.

Having the right to have a stupid opinion does not mean that hate speech doesn't exist. Go read a book.

According to U.S. caselaw "hate speech" is not a recognized exception to the first amendment of the United States constitution." You are incorrect that "hate speech" exists as a valid exception to the first amendment, that exception does not exist.

ANd guess what happened! MLK got assassinated by a white supremacist, and that's on top of white supremacists attacking him and his family, bombing their home, and other shit they've done to the Civil Rights Movement groups. Ultimately, his impact wasn't much, racism still exists and black people still experience racism and prejudice.

Punching racists might or might not change anything, but it'll let them know they can't say shit and expect to get away with it. And it's not just racists, but Neo Nazis who advocate for genocide. Why aren't you and Kevin getting this?

If a guy ran up to Hitler and killed him, it would have prevented concentration camps or from the camps lasting as long as they did. Speaking up against bigots and genocidal maniacs don't do anything, as history has taught us. You actually have to do something, and punching them is a good start.

Ok...so just to give you a chance to clarify yourself.

You're saying MLK didn't have much of an impact on race relations? And punching people would of had a bigger impact?

Having the right to have a stupid opinion does not mean that hate speech doesn't exist. Go read a book.

According to U.S. caselaw "hate speech" is not a recognized exception to the first amendment of the United States constitution." You are incorrect that "hate speech" exists as a valid exception to the first amendment, that exception does not exist.

None of this disputes what Gen said? Like, he isn't even referring to US laws or anything saying hate speech exists. Someone could go down the street and with a handspeaker and easily say nasty racist things. That would be hate or hateful speech even if US law doesn't say it is. Not rocket science.

Given we have Neo Nazis rising again under Trump, and people voting for Trump despite his bigotry and hateful rhetoric, as well as tons of other stuff, it's pretty safe to say MLK didn't have as much of an impact on equality and less on race relations. Desegregation and removing laws that allowed desegregation were good, but black people still face disadvantages.

Perhaps than the argument isn't so much about punching someone. As someone on here said. If someone insults your family or calls you the N word. Punching someone while maybe not the best solution, is something that you can at least understand.

My original argument is that the whole "nazi" term has been thrown around so loosely lately, that violence against a real nazi would lead to people thinking its ok to punch people they disagree with because they are being taught by the media and other places that those people are nazi's. Just look at Ben Shapiro for example. Someone who needs protection just to give a speech at a college because people riot and try to attack him and call him a nazi.....despite being Jewish.

But when your talking about impact long term? I'd pretty confident that MLK or Rosa Parks being peaceful while still standing up for what they believe and not being a pushover will have had more of an impact in this world than someone punching a nazi ever will.

There's no argument. Most of us agree that punching Nazis, KKK, and any other bigoted and genocidal group is good and well-deserved. How often do people call others Nazis though? I rarely ever see that term thrown around unless the person actually espouses beliefs that are close to a typical Nazi's. Shapiro being a Jew doesn't mean he can't be a Nazi... hell, we have illegal immigrants and Muslims that support Trump even though he constantly goes after them.

Um, so far, it doesn't look like their impact has lasted. History will say you're wrong, and even present times will say you're wrong. At least punching Nazis and bigots will show that their bullshit isn't tolerated. And unless you've actually condemned Trump supporters, KKK, Neo Nazis, and etc for attacking or starting violence with Trump protesters, the left, antifas, and etc, your words won't really mean much.

Roy Moore gets outed as a pedophile. Conservatives still support him he's not a liberal, and they want to stick it in the liberals' face. Lena Dunham admits to sexually assaulting her sister and despite claiming to be against rape and people who refuse to believe victims/accusers, she defended her friend who was accused. The left/liberal don't consider her a feminist or a good person at all. I forgot which politician, but he's a Democrat who was outed as a sexual harasser or something of sort, and guess what happened. Democrats/the left condemned him for it.

None of this disputes what Gen said? Like, he isn't even referring to US laws or anything saying hate speech exists. Someone could go down the street and with a handspeaker and easily say nasty racist things. That would be hate or hateful speech even if US law doesn't say it is. Not rocket science.

What he or anyone else personally finds to be "hate speech" (whatever that is) doesn't matter, the law matters and according to U.S. law "hate speech" isn't a valid restriction upon speech. "Hate speech" exceptions do not exist in U.S. law.

What he or anyone else personally finds to be "hate speech" (whatever that is) doesn't matter, the law matters and according to U.S. law "hate speech" isn't a valid restriction upon speech. "Hate speech" exceptions do not exist in U.S. law.

Again, we don't care and this doesn't matter.

Again, we don't care.

Neato. But "hate speech" isn't a thing.

There's no argument. Most of us agree that punching Nazis, KKK, and any other bigoted and genocidal group is good and well-deserved. How often do people call others Nazis though? I rarely ever see that term thrown around unless the person actually espouses beliefs that are close to a typical Nazi's. Shapiro being a Jew doesn't mean he can't be a Nazi... hell, we have illegal immigrants and Muslims that support Trump even though he constantly goes after them.

Um, so far, it doesn't look like their impact has lasted. History will say you're wrong, and even present times will say you're wrong. At least punching Nazis and bigots will show that their bullshit isn't tolerated. And unless you've actually condemned Trump supporters, KKK, Neo Nazis, and etc for attacking or starting violence with Trump protesters, the left, antifas, and etc, your words won't really mean much.

Rarely do I ever insult someone, but if anyone here thinks Ben Shapiro is a nazi....you're an idiot.

And if you think that years from now people will talk about some dude punching a nazi, in the same way they talk about MLK....than that's dumb too. I mean...I don't even know how to politely put that. I'd be shocked if others here, even those supporting punching people, think that they are witnessing history like people who witnessed the life of MLK.

@ M3J, In no world should you think that being violent will help. You are perpetuating the problem. You can admit that makes you feel good but to think it's some great thing you're a fool. Justify it all you want but you just sound stupid if you think that. I can't really say I'm surprised since you defended antifa.

Rarely do I ever insult someone, but if anyone here thinks Ben Shapiro is a nazi....you're an idiot.

And if you think that years from now people will talk about some dude punching a nazi, in the same way they talk about MLK....than that's dumb too. I mean...I don't even know how to politely put that. I'd be shocked if others here, even those supporting punching people, think that they are witnessing history like people who witnessed the life of MLK.

Er, who said he's a Nazi? Point is that just because he's Jewish doesn't mean he can't be a Nazi.

You are completely missing the point. It doesn't matter what's talked about (people talk about Malcolm X as well, but wasn't he for violence?), what matters is what was achieved. All MLK did was make people be more aware of racial issues and have them hide it until Trump made it okay and normalized racism again. White people bring up MLK for his nonviolent ways but conveniently forget what MLK went through, and how his life ended. But, meaningless words if you condemn attacks by the left or against the right but ignore attacks by the right or on the left.

Look at history. KKK and Nazis were allowed to have their ways, and the rest is history. Funny thing is, Rosa Parks wasn't even the first black woman to refuse to move from her seat, yet she gets all the attention and glory. If you don't like Nazis being attacked, then you should defend them.

Archived