U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Leave it to austin to ruin something before I edit it. There was like a two second gap between when I posted that and when I edited it...but, nope. Ruined by austin.

My sincere apology to Bdon, even though it's not out of the question that he would make the same statement anyway. I'm not even sure that Bdon and Jamoke aren't the same person, tbh.

Are you sure you hate Trump as much as you claim?

Firstly it was a mistake by you, I dont think you had to apologize and I'm sure Bdon doesn't give a crap. But your last sentence is def. something Trump would do. An apology followed by a little dig at the end.

But anyway...Yes both religions have bad people and maybe Jamoke didn't need to make the comment. But there is are some big differences between Islam and Christianity in terms of teachings.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it to austin to ruin something before I edit it. There was like a two second gap between when I posted that and when I edited it...but, nope. Ruined by austin.

My sincere apology to Bdon, even though it's not out of the question that he would make the same statement anyway. I'm not even sure that Bdon and Jamoke aren't the same person, tbh.

Nah, bdon may be generally wrong, but he wouldn't make this level of ignorant statement. Plus, bdon would contribute more than just baiting, while Jamoke lacks any signs of intelligence.

Firstly it was a mistake by you, I dont think you had to apologize and I'm sure Bdon doesn't give a crap. But your last sentence is def. something Trump would do. An apology followed by a little dig at the end.

But anyway...Yes both religions have bad people and maybe Jamoke didn't need to make the comment. But there is are some big differences between Islam and Christianity in terms of teachings.

Doubt there's that much difference. Only reason Christians pretend otherwise is because they ignore KKK, Nazis, and other horrible groups.

And interestingly, despite Jesus's so-called teachings, Christians have been quite violent. Doesn't the Bible say to stone homosexuals, and that they aren't good people? Kim Davies refused to let a same-sex couple get married because it went against her belief, but she has gotten divorces, despite it being frowned upon as well, apparently.

It's disgusting how Christians are so quick to say WBC isn't part of Christianity but will insist ISIS and Al-Quaeda are part of Islam, or how they make themselves out to be saints.

And interestingly, despite Jesus's so-called teachings, Christians have been quite violent. Doesn't the Bible say to stone homosexuals, and that they aren't good people? Kim Davies refused to let a same-sex couple get married because it went against her belief, but she has gotten divorces, despite it being frowned upon as well, apparently.

Jesus: "Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!"

Quran: "Khalid b Walid (woman guilty of adultery) came forward with a stone which he (Muhammad) flung at her head and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and so he abused her."

I didn't even see the mistake so it's funny Austin brought it up, lol. I will say that shit like this though and that last statement or dig is why I've been mistakenly been put in the "titty club" or whatever they call it on here, lol. I didn't even know what it was but I do know why, now. Apparently Jamoke and I are the same person.

Nah, bdon may be generally wrong, but he wouldn't make this level of ignorant statement. Plus, bdon would contribute more than just baiting, while Jamoke lacks any signs of intelligence.

Doubt there's that much difference. Only reason Christians pretend otherwise is because they ignore KKK, Nazis, and other horrible groups.

It's disgusting how Christians are so quick to say WBC isn't part of Christianity but will insist ISIS and Al-Quaeda are part of Islam, or how they make themselves out to be saints.

Well we could sit here and generalize all day I guess but you're always going to have those that are hypocrites. But then again. You kind of act like Christians are still violent to this day or that a good portion are. People like to bring up the crusades which would be fair if it was still a thing. You can't however say that for the opposite. People including women, children, and Christians are still being beheaded in the name of Islam.

Kim Davies can be considered a hypocrite but I would hardly put her in the same category as ISIS. And I would say that me being generally wrong is subjective. It would be more accurate and appropriate for you to say that you generally disagree with me, lol.

So we're comparing Jesus frowning upon hypocrisy to Islam's view of adulterers? If we take what the Bible says about adulterers:

The Law of Moses states that male and female adulterers are to be put to death (Deuteronomy 23:22). If a betrothed woman was attacked in the town, she was held responsible because she did not call for help (Deuteronomy 22:23-24). If the offence occurred in the open country, the woman was not to be punished; it was accepted that there was no one to hear her cries.

If this seems arbitrary, the punishment for a man who raped a virgin is even more questionable. He was to pay a substantial fine, and was required to marry the woman, without any right to for him to divorce her (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).

Source

Interesting how people conveniently forget how horrible the Old Testament was. Though, at least unlike Islam Christianity did evolve a bit more peacefully, although many of its followers don't seem to be aware of that. Lot of complaints with Islam can apply to Christianity. ISIS? We have KKK and Nazis. Child marriage? We have Christian ministers, of all people, preying on young boys. The hypocrisy is so strong.

So we're comparing Jesus frowning upon hypocrisy to Islam's view of adulterers? If we take what the Bible says about adulterers:

The Law of Moses states that male and female adulterers are to be put to death (Deuteronomy 23:22). If a betrothed woman was attacked in the town, she was held responsible because she did not call for help (Deuteronomy 22:23-24). If the offence occurred in the open country, the woman was not to be punished; it was accepted that there was no one to hear her cries.

If this seems arbitrary, the punishment for a man who raped a virgin is even more questionable. He was to pay a substantial fine, and was required to marry the woman, without any right to for him to divorce her (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).

Source

Interesting how people conveniently forget how horrible the Old Testament was. Though, at least unlike Islam Christianity did evolve a bit more peacefully, although many of its followers don't seem to be aware of that. Lot of complaints with Islam can apply to Christianity. ISIS? We have KKK and Nazis. Child marriage? We have Christian ministers, of all people, preying on young boys. The hypocrisy is so strong.

I don't know a single Christian, and this is just me personally, that doesn't know how horrible the Old Testament was. Christians don't follow the Old Testament anymore. And as you said yourself, Islam did not evolve as peacefully. It's pretty safe to say it's quite a gap now. Denying service is shitty but way tamer than lopping off someone's head, wouldn't you say?

And yes there is hypocrisy strongly on both sides. I do have to say though that while they are the biggest denomination of Christianity, the Catholic Church is among some of the most powerful and evil mother *censored* on this planet. So they deserve the hate. To clarify though, not Catholics as a whole, but The Vatican. You want the closest comparison? There it is.

Is it the religion which is morally reprehensible, or is it the people who practice it?

Both. While the Qu'ran and the Bible teach or taught violent and horrible things, the people who practice it also take from its violence or twist the words around and use it to justify the violence. I think Jainism is probably the only religion that's actually about peace/nonviolence, and it has backed that claim up for the most part.

The Westboro Baptist Church and Islamism are not equivalent. Those are two wildly different scenarios.

No, they're really not.

Both are extremist interpretations of a religion.

The only major difference is that one exists in the United States, where your average citizen is capable of seeing that they're complete nutcases...and the other exists in a region where people have been under siege for their entire lives, and have no way to judge was is true and what is bullshit.

The reason why the Westboro Baptist Church isn't in the same class as ISIS, is because everyone treats them like a joke, and they aren't able to draw new members as a result. If you dropped a faction like the WBC into a region where people were desperate enough to feed off their bullshit, hateful rhetoric...they would easily grow into a much darker entity than they already are. And that was never what I was saying to begin with...it wasn't meant to be a literal comparison of the WNC to ISIS. I was just saying that ISIS does not represent the Islamic religion...they represent a fringe group of people who misinterpret that religion...just as the WBC does. Hence, your comments about "the religion of peace" are horse shit.

ISIS does represent Islam and they really don't misrepresent the ideology that much at all.

The Koran and Hadith are filled with verses supporting the actions of ISIS. Muhammad was a warlord who participated in battles and had people killed.

Islam is violent and ISIS is very Islamic.

Yeah, hey. Let's just look at some verses and pretend that's all what that religion is about. Talking about Islam and Christianity. Both did some major shit. But both can teach and actually help people. I don't consider myself a christian, and I don't like or condone a lot of thngs the institution of religion does.

Faith =/= religion.

Spirituality =/= religion.

ISIS a terrorist group uses that uses interpretaion of teachings of Islam to serve THEIR purpose. Crusaders did the same thing. And a lot of other groups that use religious ideology.

I don't like to clasify myself as an athesit, agnostic or whatever. But to say the Bible is just a book about an imaginary man or shit like that is ignorant asf. Same for the Quran.

You can believe whatever you want, just don't impose your ignorance on others.

Is it the religion which is morally reprehensible, or is it the people who practice it?

The former, generally, as most practitioners only abide by the pleasant aspects of their faith, and forego/minimize the rest of it. I'd argue that there's almost nothing of moral value in the Bible or Quran (at the very least, it's heavily outweighed by its immoral aspects), but that's a separate topic.

The problem with religion isn't so much the message sometimes, but the power associated with it. If most major religions were just vanilla "love your neighbor, don't steal, don't kill anyone" and go about your merry way, then no one would care about who practices what and there would be no problems, but because people in the Vatican or in major mega churches across the US for example, or these terrorist organizations like ISIS are able to control people into believing they either have to join or be dammed for all eternity, then that's when things start to get all messed up.

Man this terrorist attack was so bad that Isis came out and claim that this wasn't their guy

Is it bad that I think that's hilarious?

Naw, that's pretty damn funny, XD

SO today's the day Alabama re-elects a presumed pedophile as their senator. It's a close race, but there's no way in hell a red state doesn't vote for a Republican, regardless of whether he prefers girls under the legal age limit or not.

AP said the democrat won like a half hour after you posted that lol

Dems keep trying to coast by with the belief that the opponents scandals will kill em. They got lucky this time but they really need an identity fast. I dont like that the only thing I knew about Jones is that he wasnt Roy Moore. Thats exactly why Hillary lost.

Archived