U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Does Al Franken still have support from the dems? I hope not.

Also, this is more of a social issue, but we don't have a thread for it, so whatever. But there's a debate over men hugging women at work, which is nonsense. I mean, it's as if consent is unheard of.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Al Franken still have support from the dems? I hope not.

Also, this is more of a social issue, but we don't have a thread for it, so whatever. But there's a debate over men hugging women at work, which is nonsense. I mean, it's as if consent is unheard of.

Quite a few people are saying he needs to resign.

Mainly the women, but what about the party as a whole? At least, hopefully they won't do an 180 and start supporting Franken just because he aligns with their views, like the republicans did to Moore. Just further proof they care about getting what they want over what's better for the people and country.

Soooo Gen.....does that make Trump batman? :laugh:

Citizen: Trump? Trump! Why's he running for president?

Democrat: Because we choose Hillary Clinton

Social Justice Warriors: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!

Citizen: He didn't do anything wrong.

Democrats: Because he's the president the US deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's Not Our President. He's a border guardian....A watchful protector....A Dark Knight.

A Dark Knight that just declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel, lol. The backlash is hilarious.

The thing with the Al Franken situation, is that it's under such shady terms. But we really can't afford to brush it off as being bullshit. Because, if he did assault anyone, then he should be held accountable for that...but at the same time, everything about these particular allegations seem questionable to me. And then you've got the Roy Moore situation, which seems to just be getting the "swept under the rug" treatment. The double standards are really sickening. GoP stands there and waves goodbye to a prominent Democrat for allegedly trying to kiss a grown woman...while they simultaneously endorse a kid toucher. I mean...when it comes to kids, any allegation should be considered even more serious than when it comes to a grown woman who just says that someone tried to forcibly kiss her. I don't condone the latter...I'm just saying, how is this happening? How is one of those situations not an automatic DQ from anything related to the government? How is the scenario that involves two adults and a kiss the scenario that is cause for resignation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...

"The powerful Palestinian Islamist group Hamas called on Thursday for a new uprising against Israel after U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital." -Reuters

Well, who saw that coming? Everyone? Okay.

The thing with the Al Franken situation, is that it's under such shady terms. But we really can't afford to brush it off as being bullshit. Because, if he did assault anyone, then he should be held accountable for that...but at the same time, everything about these particular allegations seem questionable to me. And then you've got the Roy Moore situation, which seems to just be getting the "swept under the rug" treatment. The double standards are really sickening. GoP stands there and waves goodbye to a prominent Democrat for allegedly trying to kiss a grown woman...while they simultaneously endorse a kid toucher. I mean...when it comes to kids, any allegation should be considered even more serious than when it comes to a grown woman who just says that someone tried to forcibly kiss her. I don't condone the latter...I'm just saying, how is this happening? How is one of those situations not an automatic DQ from anything related to the government? How is the scenario that involves two adults and a kiss the scenario that is cause for resignation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...

"The powerful Palestinian Islamist group Hamas called on Thursday for a new uprising against Israel after U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital." -Reuters

Fcikiwy.jpg

They would have came regardless if he did it or not both have been terrorist,on both sides they both don't want peace. Until one is completely eliminated talks been failing for,years

Shit like this is equivalent of saying "water would leak out of that dam, regardless of the blast of TNT that took out a large portion of the retaining wall". No one ever claimed that there was peace before...but things are about to get a lot worse for innocent people as a direct result of Trump's announcement.

That assumption it prob going be no worst then what usually happens between the two. If nothing happen when Obama did the same thing Basicly they won't do with this but u r kind of bias

Like I said when nwo Kevin posted that video...the message there was completely different. It might have been the president of United States stating that we stand with Jerusalem...but the comparisons end there. The problem with the current fiasco is that Trump says everything in a way that sounds like a challenge. Funny thing about challenges, is that people love to answer them.

I'm not sure which part of my post that stupid meme is in regards to...but it's in incredibly poor taste either way. Let them come? As in, the terrorists? Sure...you would say that. You aren't in any danger. I bet the innocent families in Israel feel differently about that.

Oh boo hoo. This needed to happen. Israel and the States knows exactly what's coming. And the only poor taste here is you listening to NPR probably assuming they aren't bias. By the way, all this unrest and threatening of violence. Let me ask you something. What doesn't cause unrest and violence over there? Every time a fly lands on a clay bowl, there is a riot.

Anyway...

Because the GOP prefers conservatives in power over better choices.

I'm not sure which part of my post that stupid meme is in regards to...but it's in incredibly poor taste either way. Let them come? As in, the terrorists? Sure...you would say that. You aren't in any danger. I bet the innocent families in Israel feel differently about that.

Nothing new there, Hamas have been doing shit like this for years. Both Israel and Hamas have committed horrible acts after another, this won't escalate anything.

So there's a possible attack in New York this

The religion of peace has struck again.
Actually the track record continues from lately it's a white guy
What the hell did you read?

I never said that was fact I said if the track records continue pretty much every terrorist lately it's been a white guy

cuz anyway this was a sloppy amateur who did it

"The religion of peace strikes again"

See...saying shit like this is why people don't like you or take you seriously, Jamoke. What you're saying there is basically the equivalent of saying that Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians. You've just been so heavily conditioned to think that it's okay to talk shit about the Islamic/Muslim faith...but it isn't. You sound ignorant when you do it.

See...saying shit like this is why people don't like you or take you seriously, Bdon. What you're saying there is basically the equivalent of saying that

Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians. You've just been so heavily conditioned to think that it's okay to talk shit about the Islamic/Muslim faith...but it isn't. You sound ignorant when you do it.

He didn't say it

Leave it to austin to ruin something before I edit it. There was like a two second gap between when I posted that and when I edited it...but, nope. Ruined by austin.

My sincere apology to Bdon, even though it's not out of the question that he would make the same statement anyway. I'm not even sure that Bdon and Jamoke aren't the same person, tbh.

See...saying shit like this is why people don't like you or take you seriously, Jamoke. What you're saying there is basically the equivalent of saying that Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians. You've just been so heavily conditioned to think that it's okay to talk shit about the Islamic/Muslim faith...but it isn't. You sound ignorant when you do it.

The Westboro Baptist Church and Islamism are not equivalent. Those are two wildly different scenarios.

The Westboro Baptist Church and Islamism are not equivalent. Those are two wildly different scenarios.

No, they're really not.

Both are extremist interpretations of a religion.

The only major difference is that one exists in the United States, where your average citizen is capable of seeing that they're complete nutcases...and the other exists in a region where people have been under siege for their entire lives, and have no way to judge was is true and what is bullshit.

The reason why the Westboro Baptist Church isn't in the same class as ISIS, is because everyone treats them like a joke, and they aren't able to draw new members as a result. If you dropped a faction like the WBC into a region where people were desperate enough to feed off their bullshit, hateful rhetoric...they would easily grow into a much darker entity than they already are. And that was never what I was saying to begin with...it wasn't meant to be a literal comparison of the WNC to ISIS. I was just saying that ISIS does not represent the Islamic religion...they represent a fringe group of people who misinterpret that religion...just as the WBC does. Hence, your comments about "the religion of peace" are horse shit.

Archived