U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

They didn't, but NJ as far as I know is primarily republican anyway, and the last two governors were republicans. But those two states are just examples. By Trump effect, I mean states that are republicans or voted for a republican governor are now jumping to the democratic party.

Pretty sure I made up "Trump effect," but it sort of makes sense. What's still bugging me though is how and why NJ didn't go for Trump given the amount of Trump supporters I see.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think Phil Murphy only won because Kim Guadagno is a woman. I'd like to believe that it's because people hated Christie, and hate Trump...and genuinely wanted a democrat. But, I really think it might just be another situation where sexism is the culprit. Either way, I'm not complaining. I don't particularly like Phil Murphy, but I'm definitely at the point where anything that isn't red is a place to start.

Honestly, Guadagno sounded like a financially better choice, but if it weren't for my overall negative views and experience with republicans as well as how she/they did some of their ads, I'd have voted for her, probably.

Looks like the dems are winning now, from VA to NJ. Trump effect.

I'm glad Guadagno's hate-spreading bullshit didn't work in NJ.

But neither VA or NJ voted for Trump in the election. Weren't the democrats expected to win?

I guess I don't understand this "Trump Effect"?.

Speaking for VA, not necessarily. From what I could see VA for the most part, runs more red than blue if you were looking at the HoD seats. To have them pull an upset here is a huge shocker as most Republicans I've heard thought they would stay the status quo.

Now republicans are being criticized for defending and continuing to support Ray Moore despite child molestation charge against him. Same party that wanted to impeach ole Bill for getting a blowjob in the office.

Republicans being for family values and against letting transgender women use women's bathroom for women's safety, but they're okay with Moore making out with a 14-year old and supporting a president accused by at least 10 women of sexual assault and by an ex-wife of rape.

Also, Ann Coulter tweeted how JFK, a 45-year old man, had an affair with a 19-year old and promptly got trolled for it. not only is that unrelated to anything, but the intern was an adult. And Trump tweeting about how Kim insulted him or something even though Trump never said anything bad... the *Censored* kind of high school behavior?

Republicans being for family values and against letting transgender women use women's bathroom for women's safety, but they're okay with Moore making out with a 14-year old and supporting a president accused by at least 10 women of sexual assault and by an ex-wife of rape.

Well with Moore they were waiting and seeing what would happen because you can't take 1 person saying something when the report went out and looked for something on the guy, but even then they said they wouldn't support him IF he did it. But now more stuffs coming out now, so they are basically telling him to quit.

And Trump, 10? I heard of 2 and 1's seemed like she was just trying to make money. And his first wife who basically said she only accused him of rape to get more money out of him from the divorced, cuse now she's trying make money off of knowing him.

Yeah, read that more republicans are hoping he doesn't win now. But it's kinda ridiculous they'd wait because if the other side was accused, they'd move immediately to get the person out and criticize the dems. But then again, dems are similar as well.

Some say around 14-15 but I don't recall properly. And I find it hard to believe that the wife wanted to get more money out of him with an accusation, especially given that more people would likely not see marital rape as rape, but her duty to have sex.

There are actually people out there that want to legalize pedophilia. Bunch of sick *censored*s.

This doesn't surprise me because there are pedophiles out there, and likely 100% of them would be for legalizing it. It would surprise me if non-pedos were for legalizing it too.

Honestly, would they even be "non-pedos" at that point? Wouldn't that just make them closet-pedos?

Serious question. :lol:

The only thing about Hollywood that surprises me is that people that I thought were good aren't actually good. No wonder why stars like Britney Spears and Corey Haim were *censored*ed up.

Sean Hannity supporters are also breaking their Keurig machines to boycott Keurig pulling its ads from Hannity's shit because he defended a pedophile. Literally, people are actually breaking machines that cost them over $100 just because the company does not approve of pedophilia and defending pedophilia. How is this even a divided issue? But I like how Rush Limbaugh takes the time to say Moore was a democrat when he was interested in young girls. If the democrats knew about this, then they're even worse than I thought.

It's not a Hollywood thing, so much as a money and power thing. I think people need to stop calling it "the Hollywood problem"...the real problem is with assholes who think they're untouchable...and that's just money in general.

- Including our current PotUS...who I think has probably sexually abused countless women. And I don't need to support that claim, because I'm not using it as a proper accusation...it's just a feeling I have. Just thinking out loud...(like, "that's a nice cloud"...or "I wonder what's on tv tonight"...)

True, it's not limited to just Hollywood, but it happens that Hollywood is getting the most coverage, with Weinstein and more actresses and actors speaking up. But unfortunately sexual assault and harassment exist in nearly every industry.

The only thing about Hollywood that surprises me is that people that I thought were good aren't actually good. No wonder why stars like Britney Spears and Corey Haim were *censored*ed up.

Sean Hannity supporters are also breaking their Keurig machines to boycott Keurig pulling its ads from Hannity's shit because he defended a pedophile. Literally, people are actually breaking machines that cost them over $100 just because the company does not approve of pedophilia and defending pedophilia. How is this even a divided issue? But I like how Rush Limbaugh takes the time to say Moore was a democrat when he was interested in young girls. If the democrats knew about this, then they're even worse than I thought.

Machines are garbage and bad for you anyways. If you have some spare time, check out a video on YouTube with a guy taking one apart after being used multiple times, even after being cleaned routinely, he found black sludge inside the machine, no amount of vinegar running through it would clean it, and your water would cycle through that disgusting bacteria every time you make a cup of coffee.

Not only the machine, but Keurig cups are bad for the environment. Wonder if the black sludge is from the coffee grounds. But yeah, just saying it's dumb how they reacted. Methinks if their houses were built under Obama's term, they'd probably burn it down to "boycott" Obama or having a black democratic president.

Not only the machine, but Keurig cups are bad for the environment. Wonder if the black sludge is from the coffee grounds[b/]. But yeah, just saying it's dumb how they reacted. Methinks if their houses were built under Obama's term, they'd probably burn it down to "boycott" Obama or having a black democratic president.

The coffee grounds do not run through the machine. The Keurig boils the water first, and then it runs through the K cups, which contains the grounds.

Trump has reversed the ban on importing elephant trophies from big game hunts. This comes after the Zimbabwe government has announced that they're allowing open hunts on the species.

Oh...I *censored*ing hate this guy with such passion.

Basically, wealthy pricks pay the corrupt Zimbabwe government upwards of $100k to hunt a single elephant, and they claim that it goes towards "conservation" efforts of the elephants. And now they can bring those trophies back to the US and show off to their wealthy asshat friends how big their dick is.

The wealthy elite are LITERALLY killing this *censored*ing planet and everything on it.

Not only the machine, but Keurig cups are bad for the environment. Wonder if the black sludge is from the coffee grounds[b/]. But yeah, just saying it's dumb how they reacted. Methinks if their houses were built under Obama's term, they'd probably burn it down to "boycott" Obama or having a black democratic president.

The coffee grounds do not run through the machine. The Keurig boils the water first, and then it runs through the K cups, which contains the grounds.

I am well aware, but I'm not sure if there's any splashback or if the grounds "fly" inside the machine after being hit with water.

Trump has reversed the ban on importing elephant trophies from big game hunts. This comes after the Zimbabwe government has announced that they're allowing open hunts on the species.

Oh...I *censored*ing hate this guy with such passion.

Basically, wealthy pricks pay the corrupt Zimbabwe government upwards of $100k to hunt a single elephant, and they claim that it goes towards "conservation" efforts of the elephants. And now they can bring those trophies back to the US and show off to their wealthy asshat friends how big their dick is.

The wealthy elite are LITERALLY killing this *censored*ing planet and everything on it.

how do they even spin it around as it going towards conservation efforts? Are there idiots who actually believe this?

I mean, they're basically killing an elephant and claiming it's to save elephants. Wut

Archived