U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Those of us who aren't blind are in agreement that one of the biggest reasons for Trump's victory is because of his xenophobia/being okay with racism, yes? This should've been expected, especially since Trump delayed/balked at sending aid to P.R.

Jeez, I miss Obama. At least he was a true American who cared about people, to a degree, and is an actual leader. Trump is just a leader of white supremacists and Neo Nazis, and a disgrace.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people didn't like Obama, and most of it was honestly for racist reasons, but Obama still wanted to help those people. Trump doesn't even try to help anyone that didn't support him. He thinks he can win re-election just by keeping his base happy. He needs to realize he's the president of every single person in the United States including black, Puerto Rican, gay, transgender, Muslim, Jewish, and Mexican people.

A lot of people didn't like Obama, and most of it was honestly for racist reasons, but Obama still wanted to help those people. Trump doesn't even try to help anyone that didn't support him. He thinks he can win re-election just by keeping his base happy. He needs to realize he's the president of every single person in the United States including black, Puerto Rican, gay, transgender, Muslim, Jewish, and Mexican people.

To be fair, a lot of Muslims didn't like Obama either because he was bombing their homes in Middle East. Neither side of the media covered that as far as I know. And a lot of black conservatives aren't fans either.

Trump is actually trying to please his critics too for the election. It's funny because he lost popular vote, and he'll probably have an overwhelming loss if anti-Trumpers who didn't vote actually vote this time around.

It's funny because he lost popular vote, and he'll probably have an overwhelming loss if anti-Trumpers who didn't vote actually vote this time around.

Don't know what you're talking about...He won bigly. Check your New-Trumpian History books. He got every single vote...and there was a street parade...and Elvis and Walt Disney were there...and it was the biggest and greatest ceremony in the history of [scene redacted]. And Hillary went to federal prison, where she's currently serving a life sentence...and Obama went back to his childhood home in Kenya...and Trump built a solid gold wall on the Mexican border, which shines with a brilliance paralleled only by his own IQ.

And Muslims were banned, and everyone had guns, and no one shot each other because Obama wasn't in office anymore. Trump also ended racism against white people, while black people became slaves again!

*Censored* YEAH TRUMP!!

And Muslims were banned, and everyone had guns, and no one shot each other because Obama wasn't in office anymore. Trump also ended racism against white people, while black people became slaves again!

*Censored* YEAH TRUMP!!

You have 2k18 yet? Cause you have way too much time on your hands to think of nonsense. You need something to do.

It's funny because he lost popular vote, and he'll probably have an overwhelming loss if anti-Trumpers who didn't vote actually vote this time around.

Don't know what you're talking about...He won bigly. Check your New-Trumpian History books. He got every single vote...and there was a street parade...and Elvis and Walt Disney were there...and it was the biggest and greatest ceremony in the history of [scene redacted]. And Hillary went to federal prison, where she's currently serving a life sentence...and Obama went back to his childhood home in Kenya...and Trump built a solid gold wall on the Mexican border, which shines with a brilliance paralleled only by his own IQ.

This is canon, right?

*Censored* YEAH TRUMP!!

You have 2k18 yet? Cause you have way too much time on your hands to think of nonsense. You need something to do.

Again, I can't take you seriously given how ignorant you are when it comes to things like this. I mean, a cop saying they only shoot black people should confirm that white privilege does actually exist. Hell, Trump and same people calling BLM racists or violent are either quiet or took too long to condemn the NEo Nazis and their violence half-assedly.

Feel free to keep denying facts.

So, not only did Trump think he's not the president of the Virgin Islands or that the governor is, but he also lied and said past presidents did not offer their condolences to the family of fallen soldiers. Not only is this pathological liar dumb, but he's also disrespectful to the vets and their families. Trump even flipflopped on Comey and why he fired him. It's sad and funny how Trump and the right are still obsessed with Hillary and Obama.

Again, there's no way in hell Hillary would have been any worse than Trump. in fact, she'd be 10000x better. Given what democrats claim to stand for, she'd at least do more for the people than Trump. All Trump did was fill up the swamp even more.

Plus, the republicans are also bringing up Weinstein and how he donated money to the democratic party... even though the republicans nominated and support a sexual assaulter. Jeez.

Trump added piranhas with snakes, more like, while getting rid of good things. The government has become right wing again, which is pretty bad for the country. Having both in power is so much better as the left actually either care about people or pretend to anyway, whereas the right are more obsessed with the wealthy.

So what good is pretending if they don't actually fix shit too? Neither side actually fixes anything and they do more to hurt people. What good will pretending do? Do you like, give them a gold star for participating and pretending to care? So two guys with the same story walks up to you and robs you at gunpoint. One takes off immediately and the other says sorry before he leaves. You're basically saying that because the second guy seemed to be more polite, he's the better person? That's basically both the republicans and democrats. They are all crooks that don't give a damn and you are ok with one side because they 'pretend' to care? If they aren't actually doing what they promise then they are a part of the problem. If you can't see that then you are way too far to one side. Just a little FYI from your friendly neighborhood 'centrist' as you like to put it.

Basically, no one is saying that corrupt government is okay just because they pretend not to be...but it helps keep the noise down if they are. - If you go to a restaurant...what do you expect out of your server? Do you want them to treat you like shit just because they're being "real" and honest...or do you want them to smile and nod, and then talk shit behind closed doors? I don't think it's a stretch to say that one is obviously easier to tolerate than the other. And yet, it's generally known by most people when they go out to eat, that their server probably *censored*ing hates them and wants nothing but their money. But...here we are.

There's a lot to be said for being directly treated like shit on a daily basis...and having that person rub it in your face. A politician such as Trump, not only gets away with the shady dealings that any other politician would get away with...he then goes on to brag about it...rubbing it in. And it isn't one bullshit action a year, or even a month...it's some new bullshit scheme every single week...usually multiple things in a week. To say that it's new bullshit on a daily basis would honestly not be a stretch. - Having Trump as president is like being in an abusive relationship where the other person intentionally does things that they know bother you...and they notice that you're trying to ignore those things, so they go out of their way to tell you about them...and they do it every single day...just to remind you how *censored*ing annoying they are.

So, yeah...what we're talking about is a corrupt government that is corrupt on the lowdown...versus corrupt government that actually brags about being corrupt because it's too big to be stopped. The latter is obviously worse, because they're acknowledging the shitty things that they're doing, and they're laughing right in your face about it.

What you're saying is kind of like saying that randomly losing a dollar every day is the same as someone coming to your door and saying "give me a dollar, you huge loser". You're losing a dollar either way. Why should it matter? But it does. I'd rather have a dollar just disappear than be mocked and ridiculed while handing that dollar over. So, yeah...pretending does help. Anyone who says otherwise must lack a fundamental understanding of psychology.

Having Trump as president is like being in an abusive relationship where the other person intentionally does things that they know bother you...and they notice that you're trying to ignore those things, so they go out of their way to tell you about them...and they do it every single day...just to remind you how *censored*ing annoying they are.

What you're saying is kind of like saying that randomly losing a dollar every day is the same as someone coming to your door and saying "give me a dollar, you huge loser". You're losing a dollar either way. Why should it matter? But it does. I'd rather have a dollar just disappear than be mocked and ridiculed while handing that dollar over. So, yeah...pretending does help. Anyone who says otherwise must lack a fundamental understanding of psychology.

I get what you're trying to do but for these are awful examples. If 2 people constantly beat their wives but one apologizes to her the next day, that doesn't make one less of a scumbag than the other.

Or to use your restaurant example. Sure I guess one waiter being polite to you in person is better than one being rude. But if both are spitting in your food in the kitchen, does it really make a difference?

Likewise randomly losing a dollar isn't anywhere the same as someone coming to your house and taking a dollar from you. A better example might be, 2 people rob you at gunpoint. One says "give me all your money and no one gets hurt" while the other says "if you don't give me your money, I'll blow your head off". Both took all your money. But are you going to pretend that the first guy needed the money and make excuses for him, instead of reporting him to the police?

Your domestic violence example...nope, because the whole idea is that one is pretending to be good. There wouldn't be direct violence, it would be something discreet...such as physical harm while the person is asleep. Again, not favorable...but the entire idea is that the person would be oblivious to it. Same with your robbery at gunpoint analogy. Not valid. The entire argument is that it's better for a corrupt government to pretend to be "for the people" than it is to outright screw them over to their faces. Would be more like if you got pick-pocketed and never had a face-to-face confrontation with the robber...as opposed to Trump's government being the side that literally sticks a gun in your face and says "give me all your shit". If you get pick-pocketed, you might just think "shit...I dropped my wallet somewhere". It sucks either way...but it really doesn't feel as bad in the long run, as some prick being so bold as to make you feel powerless by doing it to your face.

Obviously, no one wants a corrupt government either way. But the truth is, most people had grown accustom to the general idea that the government was corrupt...and we all hated it, but at least we could live our lives without being constantly reminded of it. With Trump as president? Not so much.

Also, I still maintain that no single president has done as much shady/shitty/stupid stuff as Trump has...so, there's still that. Maybe past presidents did spit in our proverbial soup...but that doesn't put Trump taking a shit in our cereal on the same level. Past corruption was like spit in the soup. With Trump, you pour a bowl of cereal...he shits in it...he proceeds to tell you how big and steaming the shit is...you get a plate of eggs to replace the cereal...he shits on that too...you go to take a sip of your orange juice...there's a turd floating in it...and the cycle just never ends. The man is an internet troll; He gets his jollies by doing as much terrible shit as possible, and then joking about it. At least when a government pretends to care, you get the feeling that they have some level of remorse about their actions...that they are embarrassed, and don't want people to know. But, I'm really not a fan of being trolled on a daily basis. Trump didn't drain the swamp...he just convinced half the country that the swamp was somehow in their favor (it isn't).

So what good is pretending if they don't actually fix shit too? Neither side actually fixes anything and they do more to hurt people. What good will pretending do? Do you like, give them a gold star for participating and pretending to care? So two guys with the same story walks up to you and robs you at gunpoint. One takes off immediately and the other says sorry before he leaves. You're basically saying that because the second guy seemed to be more polite, he's the better person? That's basically both the republicans and democrats. They are all crooks that don't give a damn and you are ok with one side because they 'pretend' to care? If they aren't actually doing what they promise then they are a part of the problem. If you can't see that then you are way too far to one side. Just a little FYI from your friendly neighborhood 'centrist' as you like to put it.

Because I'd rather have a government that does things for the people even out of fake concern for votes than a government that actively tries to screw people. Look at Tweed, one of the most corrupt politicians ever and yet he still did a lot for people, even if just to secure their votes. It's not complicated. you even whine about the government all the time, most politicians don't give a shit about us. Why not choose the ones that at the very least do pretend to care and try to improve the lives of their people?

Nope, I'm not saying that at all. Two different things. Try again. It's common sense to prefer a side or politicians that at least does something for people whether out of genuine desire to do good or out of selfish desire to remain in power.

Do define what's too far to one side. Because while I'm anti-conservative/anti-right due to their bullshit, I'd still vote for them over the other side if I thought they'd be better. Whereas the right would vote for the right, no matter how bad the choice was, while the left would not vote. And you're the one who claimed you're a centrist. I still see you as a conservative/right-leaning, especially given how you whine about antifas but ignore Neo Nazis.

Archived