U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason why they gave Kapernick so much shit. Most were condeming him for taking a knee for the national anthem. But had nothing to say about the reason he did. Which shows we're seen as less than human. Which is unfortunate.

"Welcome to a brand new beginning you sorry shits!"

- My reaction when I saw this thread was back

The problem with Kapernick was that he came across as uninformed in my opinion. He protested injustice going on in this country yet choose not to vote in the election on a local or presidential level. He also decided that wearing a Fidel Castro shirt was a good idea which also showed that he doesn't understand history. Add all that on top of the fact that he's an average quarterback at best and you have the results you see today.

Now take someone like Richard Sherman for example. Someone who is clearly liberal and has views that I disagree with. But I have no problem with the things he says because while we disagree sometimes, I can at least respect the fact that he's educated and does his own research.

Kaepernick is very informed and very educated and did his own research on Castro. Castro was actually revered by many. I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on him but I do know America has tried to kill him multiple times and I do know America is against anything that isn't capitalism.

I still don't subscribe to the idea that you have to vote even when you don't agree with anyone's policies. Yes, I voted and I do believe Hillary was the lesser of two evils, but I'm not mad at anyone who didn't vote. It's the politicians' fault for not convincing the people they're worth voting. Trump is a dick, Hillary's whole campaign ran off "at least I'm not Trump". That's not enough. She did a shitty job steering people away from him, she wasn't strong on anything. Voting shouldn't be a matter of picking the lesser of two evils so it's messed up that people are blaming people who didn't wanna partake in this shitstorm, especially when it doesn't feel like your vote even matters with the electoral college and the rigging.

Only reason why they gave Kapernick so much shit. Most were condeming him for taking a knee for the national anthem. But had nothing to say about the reason he did. Which shows we're seen as less than human. Which is unfortunate.

The problem with Kapernick was that he came across as uninformed in my opinion. He protested injustice going on in this country yet choose not to vote in the election on a local or presidential level. He also decided that wearing a Fidel Castro shirt was a good idea which also showed that he doesn't understand history. Add all that on top of the fact that he's an average quarterback at best and you have the results you see today.

Now take someone like Richard Sherman for example. Someone who is clearly liberal and has views that I disagree with. But I have no problem with the things he says because while we disagree sometimes, I can at least respect the fact that he's educated and does his own research.

That's complete bias there.

Richard Sherman did charity work, wrote something...respect, but did he do something like Kapernick? He didn't.

Did he do something like Kaepernick? Did anyone do something like that?

How does Kaepernick being an average quarterback have anything to do with what he did, because that had nohing to do with american football? With him being without a job after he became a free agent? I highly doubt that was the sole reason why he doesn't. There were numerous reports that managers didn't want nothing to do with him because of what he did. Some where probably ideological reasons and some were just busines side of things. Whichever you want to put it. So, come on man...

What do you think about the question that I posted in my previous post?

All I can say to that is wow.

Ok man.

I'm genueinly interested on how you would answer the question I posted. Without hostility or looking down on you (I know what I've said in the past).

I'm just asking you directly now.

Kaepernick is very informed and very educated and did his own research on Castro. Castro was actually revered by many. I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on him but I do know America has tried to kill him multiple times and I do know America is against anything that isn't capitalism.

He's a pretty polarizing figure actually. People on that one side of the political spectrum tend to like him, or not mind him, and people on the other side tend to dislike him. Then there is the matter of the people who fled Cuba to the US to get away from him.

I really don't have much of an opinion on Kaepernick. Eh.

He wasn't uninformed. He chose not to vote on presidential level because he didn't see his vote changing the society for better. Trump is a piece of shit and the worst choice, but Hillary wasn't better and would keep things status quo. Plus, not only did he protest injustice, he actually helps people out by donating his own time and money. And him being an average quarterback wouldn't stop him from getting signed anyway, I'm pretty sure. "Patriotic" Americans are such snowflakes that they boycotted NFL, although it was ridiculous a player couldn't wear a 9/11 memorial socks or something.

Kaepernick not only backed up what he believed in, but despite criticism and threats, he never backed down. That gets more respect than most things else, in my book.

Richard Sherman did charity work, wrote something...respect, but did he do something like Kapernick? He didn't.

How does Kaepernick being an average quarterback have anything to do with what he did, because that had nohing to do with american football? With him being without a job after he became a free agent? I highly doubt that was the sole reason why he doesn't. There were numerous reports that managers didn't want nothing to do with him because of what he did. Some where probably ideological reasons and some were just busines side of things. Whichever you want to put it. So, come on man...

Ok man.

I'm genueinly interested on how you would answer the question I posted. Without hostility or looking down on you (I know what I've said in the past).

Why ask him? He actually denies white privilege is a thing and calls it racist whenever people point it out, even though it doesn't really fit the definition of racism.

He wasn't uninformed. He chose not to vote on presidential level because he didn't see his vote changing the society for better. Trump is a piece of shit and the worst choice, but Hillary wasn't better and would keep things status quo. Plus, not only did he protest injustice, he actually helps people out by donating his own time and money. And him being an average quarterback wouldn't stop him from getting signed anyway, I'm pretty sure. "Patriotic" Americans are such snowflakes that they boycotted NFL, although it was ridiculous a player couldn't wear a 9/11 memorial socks or something.

Kaepernick not only backed up what he believed in, but despite criticism and threats, he never backed down. That gets more respect than most things else, in my book.

Ok man.

Why ask him? He actually denies white privilege is a thing and calls it racist whenever people point it out, even though it doesn't really fit the definition of racism.

It does fit the definition though sooo.

Also I stood up for you even though you came pretty close to crossing the line. Some thought you even did. Just take it easy dude. Let's not let this get out of hand. Don't even need to concern yourself about Jamoke.

How did I come close to crossing the line? I don't ever recall being racist, whereas Jamoke comes in here, posts a picture, and leaves or tries to troll. Imperio at least has gotten better, hopefully. I mean, Imperio and I agree on a lot of things but the way he comes in and attacks you without bringing anything to the argument annoys me, as well as Gen "misunderstanding" you.

How does it fit the definition? And again, if you're white, why would I take you seriously? As a non-Muslim, I wouldn't expect Muslims to take me seriously if I denied Hindu privilege was real in India, given how many Muslims are targeted and attacked or killed just for being Muslims. Just because Hindus are the dominant group.

How did I come close to crossing the line? I don't ever recall being racist, whereas Jamoke comes in here, posts a picture, and leaves or tries to troll. Imperio at least has gotten better, hopefully. I mean, Imperio and I agree on a lot of things but the way he comes in and attacks you without bringing anything to the argument annoys me, as well as Gen "misunderstanding" you.

How does it fit the definition? And again, if you're white, why would I take you seriously? As a non-Muslim, I wouldn't expect Muslims to take me seriously if I denied Hindu privilege was real in India, given how many Muslims are targeted and attacked or killed just for being Muslims. Just because Hindus are the dominant group.

Well you did get suspended so you apparently crossed some line, lol. Him being a troll doesn't make him racist so not sure how that's a comparison.

If you think that one race has an advantage over the other for any reason that is considered racist. It isn't just someone treating someone with prejudice. It's not a single definition today. While some will call anything racist (which is retarded), the definition is pretty clear. Also I understand the comparison you're trying to make but Muslim isn't a race. Just in case you didn't know. Cause some don't.

Also asking why you should take me seriously because I'm white is pushing it wouldn't you think? You wanna close gaps? You're gonna have to start thinking of people as individuals and not link their race to how you should feel about the person. Just saying that it doesn't look good.

Well you did get suspended so you apparently crossed some line, lol. Him being a troll doesn't make him racist so not sure how that's a comparison.

If you think that one race has an advantage over the other for any reason that is considered racist. It isn't just someone treating someone with prejudice. It's not a single definition today. While some will call anything racist (which is retarded), the definition is pretty clear. Also I understand the comparison you're trying to make but Muslim isn't a race. Just in case you didn't know. Cause some don't.

Also asking why you should take me seriously because I'm white is pushing it wouldn't you think? You wanna close gaps? You're gonna have to start thinking of people as individuals and not link their race to how you should feel about the person. Just saying that it doesn't look good.

Suspension was due to people misinterpreting what I said/misunderstanding me. And I never said he was a racist. Just that I never crossed the line here whereas Jamoke usually posts something irrelevant and comes across as just trolling.

I don't think it, I know it, and it's a fact. It's not prejudiced or racist, otherwise you might as well call some white people racist for admitting they have white privilege. I mean, even the media make this obvious. A black person will be branded somehow as a thug or have his/her bad past brought up with an unflattering photo used, even if the person did something heroic. A white person on the other hand will be portrayed as someone who had a hard past/was a good person who went bad, and a good photo will be used. Whenever white privilege is brought up, a lot of white people deny it and then claim racism or try so hard to look oppressed or like the victim.

Doesn't matter, Muslim is still a group, so it still works.

No it is not. Don't ignore WHY I would not care for your claims, just as why a Muslim would ignore me if I claimed there's no such thing as Hindu privilege. We would be the dominant groups and thus, benefit from privilege, knowingly or otherwise.

Wait...Trump is really trending as #heel?

Bwahahahaha.

I know it's for a spelling error, and not the wrestling correlation...but, still. :lol:

Commander in typos and bad English. Supported ironically by people who insist everyone in USA should know English. GOTTA LOVE IT

Also, don't ignore that I pointed out many white people have tried closing gaps by acknowledging white privilege and using their voice to help out people of color. It ranges from them raising awareness to actually doing stuff like donating items and hiring lawyers and etc to help out. Great way to help out instead of claiming white privilege isn't a thing and claiming it's racist to say otherwise.

And why do our warships keep colliding with merchant vessels in foreign waters? Am I off-base in saying that this shit didn't happen this often in the past? Is Trump just sending ships out to patrol with no destination in mind? Between these goddamn jets that keep buzzing my town, and these warships that keep crashing into shit (now with 10 potential US casualties)...I'd really like to know what our military is doing atm.

Suspension was due to people misinterpreting what I said/misunderstanding me. And I never said he was a racist. Just that I never crossed the line here whereas Jamoke usually posts something irrelevant and comes across as just trolling.

I don't think it, I know it, and it's a fact. It's not prejudiced or racist, otherwise you might as well call some white people racist for admitting they have white privilege. I mean, even the media make this obvious. A black person will be branded somehow as a thug or have his/her bad past brought up with an unflattering photo used, even if the person did something heroic. A white person on the other hand will be portrayed as someone who had a hard past/was a good person who went bad, and a good photo will be used. Whenever white privilege is brought up, a lot of white people deny it and then claim racism or try so hard to look oppressed or like the victim.

Doesn't matter, Muslim is still a group, so it still works.

No it is not. Don't ignore WHY I would not care for your claims, just as why a Muslim would ignore me if I claimed there's no such thing as Hindu privilege. We would be the dominant groups and thus, benefit from privilege, knowingly or otherwise.

Ok the first part is just nonsensical. He trolls and you race bait. We got it. Now lets move on from that.

No that's still an opinion. And if a white person came to me and said he had privilege and told me to check mine, I would still call that racist and plain stupid, lol. Because it is. You do know the media is giving you the narrative right? You basically just admitted to believing them. You actually see them as credible, lol.

Oh so when Mike Brown was shot they didn't use his graduation photo and say he was a good kid. Yeah I didn't see that at all :rolleyes:

You need to stop worrying about people out there that has something you don't have and start fixing things in your own life maybe. You strike me as one of those kind of people that gets upset when someone around you gets something you wanted and gets super jealous by it. You're really acting petty and need someone to blame. That's what it sounds like when people talk about privileges. Just people being petty. The problem is they are using it as a crutch and an excuse to not try. "Well the system doesn't want me to so why bother".

That's nonsense. I've seen perfectly capable people do the same shit. It's getting to the point where even those with plenty of opportunities are hearing this privilege nonsense and creating crutches for themselves. That's their own fault for listening to the narrative. The only reason this shit is even holding people back is because they are allowing it to. There is no real oppression. There's police brutality, there is sporadic racism even, but if someone thinks that this is some kind of nationwide plague that is keeping the non whites down completely then they are listening to the wrong people. You're only keeping yourself down. The democrats have tricked blacks into voting for them for years and look at all the violence they've stopped and how much they've helped them out. Oh wait..

No one is even claiming that there isn't cases of Blacks, Whites, Muslims, Christians, ect, getting some kind of bogus treatment for certain reasons. No one is saying that there isn't instances where someone isn't hired because of certain reasons. It's not ok but to treat this like this is some giant plague or that it's all white peoples fault is ridiculous. You have a right to be upset by those cases but you won't change that unfortunately. Just curious. Let's say there is privilege. What do you propose to do about it? Would it be ok to you if another group was dominant? Cause that's whats gonna happen. You won't have true equality.

The news was just coverage of the eclipse (which is indeed real news)...just because they happened to show the Trump family watching it, doesn't make it a fake or stupid story. The eclipse was a big occurrence. The media covered all sides of it. The Trump stuff just gets laughed at because it's pretty damn funny.

Archived