U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic back open. As maskedmaniac said, please keep it civil. Please watch what you say but also feel free to speak freely. If you don't know the line, I suggest not trying lol...

Discuss on!

I heard a prediction from the ghost writer of Trump's book, that he believes Trump will probably quit as president before the year is up. Maybe even as early as the fall. Again, just a random prediction by the guy who wrote his life story or whatever. Basically, he says Trump is losing on every front, knows this, and will want to claim victory by walking away on his own accord before he's forced to. Probably not far from the truth, tbh. It would be right up his avenue, to claim that he was treated unfairly...and say that he'll be resigning as president after a "very successful" number of months, or something like that...

The first thing I wanna say is *Censored* everybody in here.

But nah yeah I don't see Trump lasting too much longer. If impeachment don't come for him, he's resigning. That's his best bet at this point, that way he can keep his ego intact and spin the story however he wants because it wouldn't matter. The only support he really has left is the alt-right and Fox News and Rs are coming on there denouncing him left and right. Even Paul Ryan slimy ass who I hate almost more than anyone else denounced him. So yeah, clock is ticking.

Some other author had already predicted Trump would be gone before he even completed one full year in office, and this was the day after he had won lol. I don't see him lasting much though, I mean why would he want to linger around and just be insulted, ridiculed, and like people said take L's left and right. That stupid wall will probably never be finished, though he'll just say it's going great and have someone Photoshop a wall and post pics up for all Trump followers to see (and no doubt believe). He'll quit and blame the "unfair fake news" media and all the crazy alt-righters and Nazis will blame the Jewish media and this whole mess will continue. US Politics are broken and there doesn't seem to be a fix in sight if both the left and right can't come together.

He wouldn't be, and he's harder to deal with because he can do and say more *censored*ed up shit than Trump but he knows how to be a politician about it and use coded language and whatnot so he looks like less of a fool than Trump.

The best bet there is to hope a lot of congressional seats change in 2018 and the democrats grow a spine to impeach him as well. Hopefully Paul Ryan wouldn't be speaker anymore by then.

On the confederate statues there is no room for hate. And, apparently, no room for anything anyone else finds offensive. Remember when ISIS took all those cities and destroyed al those monuments they found offensive. This is exactly the same emotion and sentiment. Nothing more than one group of people taking down monuments they personally find offensive.

But why even have the statues though? Why are those people that deserve to be honored? They're statues of people who fought to own other people, it sends an unfavorable message. For Jews living in Germany, seeing statues of Hitler erected throughout the country would be *censored*ed up. It's the same thing here for people of color. Stuff like that fits more in a museum rather than in front of government buildings.

I mean they're just statues, but I for one am glad states are starting to see the point and take em all down themselves. Like there was one removed from Montana and Montana wasn't even part of the confederacy, it wasn't even a state yet.

I personally don't care about any of the other statues we got up, but the people who literally broke away from the United States and started a war with its own country just for the right to own human beings, THEY don't need to be honored. Andrew Jackson is another I wouldn't want honored in anyway. Other than that, I don't care. Only statues I care about are MLK and a few others.

And you didn't say this but I've seen the argument of "THEYRE ERASING HISTORY" and I think that's stupid. You don't look at a statue and automatically learn what it represents. Anyone can learn history without statues.

I personally don't care about any of the other statues we got up, but the people who literally broke away from the United States and started a war with its own country just for the right to own human beings, THEY don't need to be honored. Andrew Jackson is another I wouldn't want honored in anyway. Other than that, I don't care. Only statues I care about are MLK and a few others.

And you didn't say this but I've seen the argument of "THEYRE ERASING HISTORY" and I think that's stupid. You don't look at a statue and automatically learn what it represents. Anyone can learn history without statues.

The Civil War did not start because of slavery it started because the federal government was infringing on states rights

The only reason they're considered traitors is because they lost it's no different than the Revolutionary War

And from all the polls they did on whether to keep or get rid of most people voted to keep the statues cuz when they look at the statues they don't see any negative or any ill thoughts there no real reason to take them down beside a politic move to get votes

Even Lincoln said he didn't want to destroy slavery at the beginning of War slavery was not the cause but if he freed the slaves the South will lose their major Workforce without that they can't win the war

It was more a tactical move more then wanting to get rid of slavery

I don't know how Mike Pence would be less worse as President tbh

His policies would be about as shitty, but he would be less of a *censored*ing tryhard. He would generally keep his mouth shut about the evil shit that he's doing, and be less of an obnoxious twat. Also, his face is about 1500% less punchable than Trump's. So...he starts off with that.

Would KKK and Nazi scum adore Pence as much as they do Trump?

He probably wouldn't publicly feed them...so I'm going to say, no.

Let's be clear here...even if Pence is equally as big of a racist as Trump, it won't feed into the current global affairs nearly as much, because he probably won't be on twitter very much (if at all). Pence is an asshole in my book (I don't know if he's racist, so I won't call him that...but I do consider him an asshole for his policies)...but, I expect that he would act presidential and only tweet about things that are actually official and revised by a council. With that in mind, he'd already be the more tolerable option, and the extreme hate in the nation would probably begin to die down at least a bit.

I think what Pence would try to do is emphasize Christianity more as the dominant religion here in the US, regardless of whether it already is or not, plus try to put the brakes on the proliferation of some of the LGBT stuff that has just recently come to the forefront. So stuff like restaurants being able to decline service to gays or the word God being put on lot of stuff other than money. Not sure if he would still concentrate on retarded shit like the mighty wall or the "fake" media.

On the confederate statues there is no room for hate. And, apparently, no room for anything anyone else finds offensive. Remember when ISIS took all those cities and destroyed al those monuments they found offensive. This is exactly the same emotion and sentiment. Nothing more than one group of people taking down monuments they personally find offensive.

There's no reason those statues should be up. Don't say it's history. There's not a statue of Osama Bin Laden in New York City to remind us of the history of 9/11. The confederacy were enemies to the United States, traitors. We don't glorify our enemies. Enemies that killed their own just so they could keep using slave labor. There's nothing historical about these statues. You know how long these statues have been up? Not directly after the Civil War. Many were created in the 1960s during the civil rights movement by the KKK in order to strike fear into black civilians. These were always about hate. The fact that Americans defend these statues being up or fly confederate flags is disgusting to me.

There's no reason those statues should be up. Don't say it's history. There's not a statue of Osama Bin Laden in New York City to remind us of the history of 9/11. The confederacy were enemies to the United States, traitors. We don't glorify our enemies. Enemies that killed their own just so they could keep using slave labor. There's nothing historical about these statues. You know how long these statues have been up? Not directly after the Civil War. Many were created in the 1960s during the civil rights movement by the KKK in order to strike fear into black civilians. These were always about hate. The fact that Americans defend these statues being up or fly confederate flags is disgusting to me.

I don't consider them traitors I see them just like the Patriots in the Revolutionary War fighting for their freedom they believe it the only reason they considered traitors is because they lost just like the Patriots would have been considered traitors if they lost

Himmler would have never been able to do anything if it wasn't for Hilter, same for Pence. If Trump hadn't chosen him as VP Pence would still be in Indiana and would have never gotten anywhere near to the white-house.

yes but if he's given the power of the presidency and he will if Trump is impeached

People consider Trump a good guy compared to what I think pence would do

Archived