The North Korea Situation

Generations

I believe North Korea have just as much right to defend themselves as any other country that already have nuclear weapons. I'd be more worried about the US using them. They actually have a history of using two against another country.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Korea under no circumstances is capable to undergo any sort of attack towards the US without getting completely decimated in retailation and it's been stable because nobody wants them to potentially go off on South Korea. I think that piece of knowledge should be enough to keep North Korea at bay, other than the macho bait testing they're doing now and have been doing for a very long time. I take them about as seriously now as I do a couple of years ago. They ain't going to do shit.

Also, they suck. And it's different with ISIS because ISIS is an ideology, operates almost like a guerrilla-movement and has the support of individuals who are being inspired to take matters into their own hands.

Why does the U.S. want to be the only people with the ability to blow people up? What's stopping us from just shooting a nuke any old place just to start sheeit? People should be more preventative with us than NK. No shoulda.woulda coulda. When they become a problem, the problem will be dealt with. No one should act on "but they might nuke US"

There is no "situation". It's a child playing with his toys a little too loudly and throwing things in the neighbors yard

Why does the U.S. want to be the only people with the ability to blow people up? What's stopping us from just shooting a nuke any old place just to start sheeit? People should be more preventative with us than NK. No shoulda.woulda coulda. When they become a problem, the problem will be dealt with. No one should act on "but they might nuke US"

There is no "situation". It's a child playing with his toys a little too loudly and throwing things in the neighbors yard

It's been decades too late for that

The issue is, we don't know what NK want, are they developing these things to try and threaten the US to listen to their demands? Is it a case that they just want to make some noise, so they can tell the populous that they're a world superpower?

There isn't any negotiation that I can see, without both sides simply giving up their nuclear capabilities - which is never going to happen. Invasion is impossible, it would result in a bloodbath - Annihilation is also a bad idea, because China don't want a US controlled North Korea right on their border. Plus once the US uses tactical nuclear weapons (they would have to use those to destroy the missiles underground) that's then opened the nuclear Pandora's box.

It's a very difficult situation, and time is really running out to deal with it before North Korea manages to miniaturize a nuclear warhead to fit to these increasingly reliable ICBMs they're testing.

I'm hoping its simply a case of North Korea rattling their saber, rather than any proper plan to launch on the US.

Agree with the last post.

Tbh, US has no right to launch a "premptive invasion"... in a sense that, well... they have invaded parts other parts of the world for more than half a century just because they could. And an invasion would be cathastrophic not just in terms of opening a pandora box in a nuclear and geopolitical sense, but the number of innocent Koreant victims would be huge. And I'd also say that they especially have no right on dropping another nuke, because they have faced 0consenquences for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which was a war crime...but it has all fallen in the narrative of "we just had to do it"...and after all theses years, not even a formal apollogy was issued...

Anyway... I think ths would be the first time where I would condone some covert assasinations or something to overthrow the NK goveremnt as a whole, but as an international operation... Doubt that's doable tough, because that would onvolve some serious negottiation and diplomacy...and we are seeing how that is going...

The problem with an assassination attempt - aside from the difficulty of pulling it off, is that you don't know for sure that what's left would be better for NK or indeed world security. We saw how the power vacuum was filled in Iraq - what happens if a group of dissidents get their hands on a nuclear arsenal?

How would the population react to the loss of their beloved leader (and yes, they do genuinely love him)

The best way to deal with this is to get China to apply pressure - but that's going to take strong ties between China and the US, and also China to see NK as more of a hindrance than a benefit.

In my point of view, the danger of the NK problem isn't that they're powerful, its that they're batshit insane. Eventually we'll get to the point where they just don't give a *Censored* and do something stupid anyway. Sure, they'll get shit-stomped for it, but in the mean time people would die.

In my point of view, the danger of the NK problem isn't that they're powerful, its that they're batshit insane. Eventually we'll get to the point where they just don't give a *Censored* and do something stupid anyway. Sure, they'll get shit-stomped for it, but in the mean time people would die.

Oh for sure.

Nuke North Korea before they nuke us. Problem solved.

This. We nuked japan not once but twice time to nuke North Korea & while we are at it ISIS if they are still a thing. And if anyone has a problem with this comment then you all need to get off the Internet and in your special safezone.

This. We nuked japan not once but twice time to nuke North Korea & while we are at it ISIS if they are still a thing. And if anyone has a problem with this comment then you all need to get off the Internet and in your special safezone.

Nuke the NK and the USA, problem solved.

Stay safe up there in Canada my friend no wonder they are a joke

now I don't know the wind in North Korea but if we nuke North Korea wouldn't whatever nuclear material in the air get blown into China I don't think they would take too kindly to that

now I don't know the wind in North Korea but if we nuke North Korea wouldn't whatever nuclear material in the air get blown into China I don't think they would take too kindly to that

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We first need to create Vault-Tec. Then we can throw Nukes at whatever we want

Agreed.

I'm not in nor from Canada, my friend.

Sad that in 2017 nuking a country and killing so many innocent people and *censored*ing up the enviorement in the process is still a option. I guess it will never go away untill there is a real nuclear war.

Grow the *Censored* up.

China's air is already probably radioactive, no need to worry about making it worse.

All of these war mongers in here saying the U.S should drop nukes. :lol:

If you think this world is *censored*ed up now, as soon as one country drops a nuke, everyone else will start dropping them.

Especially seeing as how China won't tolerate giant radioactive craters extremely close to them

China still sees North Korea as somewhat of an ally - at the very least they're using NK as a buffer zone. If North Korea falls under US control, they will not be very keen on that at all.

As I said before, the key to the situation is working with China. If they unite and apply pressure on North Korea with the other nations, there's less chance of this really kicking off.

Great article from BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40797613

Rex Tillerson has said to North Korea that the US does not want to be an enemy, and does not seek regime change or a reunified Korea. Meantime some aide's been flapping her gums that Trump has said there "will be a war" if the testing program does not end, and "people won't die over here (the US) but over there".

The article also states that most experts don't believe NK has the capability to mount a nuclear payload to the ICBMs, but might in "five or ten years".

Archived