The North Korea Situation

Generations

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ That opinion is seriously outdated and off-base.

Memes are cute and all, but I would prefer to have an adult discussion about this. Fact of the matter is, they are in fact improving their capabilities to launch ballistic missiles. It is something that we all need to start taking more seriously. And being complete *Censored*-ups won't stop them from doing something really bad...if even by accident. You don't ignore the drunk guy in the corner waving a knife around.

I don't wanna find an awesome meme cause I'm at work and it'll take longer than needed. And besides, Faster than light's meme says it for me.

The drunk guy is a perfect example. No you don't ignore it but that's all he'll ever be is a drunk guy with a knife. Nothing to drop your guard over but no need to lie awake at night worrying over them.

Saying it again right now, I WILL ask mods to delete memes if they become an issue. If you don't want to actually discuss the situation, then don't bother posting. Period. This topic is for the actual discussion of events as they pertain to what is said and done. Not jokes.

There is a time for jokes...and if they're used sparingly and timely, then I have no issue with those kinds of posts in here. But this topic is not the "post memes" topic.

^ That opinion is seriously outdated and off-base.

Memes are cute and all, but I would prefer to have an adult discussion about this. Fact of the matter is, they are in fact improving their capabilities to launch ballistic missiles. It is something that we all need to start taking more seriously. And being complete *Censored*-ups won't stop them from doing something really bad...if even by accident. You don't ignore the drunk guy in the corner waving a knife around.

They still aren't a threat imo. Even China sees North Korea as a liability and won't do anything if they start it first. Any serious missiles NK decides to shoot can be shot down, in the event they can actually hit any part of the country. And while they can blow up Seoul quickly (which isn't anything new), North Korea as a whole would get scorched just as quickly.

The only people who North Korea is a threat to is the people at the DMZ and Seoul. Or unless they decide to use nukes. Which pretty much damns the whole world along with them. I doubt Kim Jong Un would throw his country and his luxury life away though.

"Real threat" or no, the topic is for the discussion of events as they happen. The jokes have all been made. Nothing is about to be posted that is funny or witty or clever. So, there's no need for it. If they launch a strike, we discuss it here. If Japan says they are punishing N. Korea, we discuss it here. If the US says they are stepping in, we discuss it here. Pretty straight forward. It's an ongoing current event, so it should be open for discussion.

Watch them catch us slipping since we don't take them seriously.

For real, there is more that can pose a threat than a standard missile strike. ISIS, for example, comes from a place where they throw rocks and sleep in caves. A threat is a threat...and as long as N. Korea is harboring ill-will towards Western civilization, we should all consider them as more than just a meme. But, hey...that's just my opinion.

I just don't wanna *censored*ing die.

DYEq4AA.png

I live where the yellow area is, ffs I won't take them lightly

That hasn't even been confirmed. At best they could maybe reach Hawaii and the tip of Alaska

Watch them catch us slipping since we don't take them seriously.

For real, there is more that can pose a threat than a standard missile strike. ISIS, for example, comes from a place where they throw rocks and sleep in caves. A threat is a threat...and as long as N. Korea is harboring ill-will towards Western civilization, we should all consider them as more than just a meme. But, hey...that's just my opinion.

I think the governments should take them seriously. But I (a mere citizen) should not worry about it too much until we get to the point where we need nuclear launch drills like we did during the cold war.

I think the governments should take them seriously. But I (a mere citizen) should not worry about it too much until we get to the point where we need nuclear launch drills like we did during the cold war.

To the contrary, you should probably consider it a bit before then...because drills don't save anyone. Being prepared does. And I'm not saying that you should have a bomb shelter in your backyard, full of prepper supplies...but taking the threat as more than just a meme or a joke is probably step one. Do some research...know if there's a bomb shelter in your city or town. At least be more aware than you will be if the day comes and everyone panics. What is there to lose?

North Korea will never be a threat. Their communist party are attention seekers and nothing more. If they do become a threat it is something that will be dealt with quicker than Braden Walker's career. They talk a big game and that's all. Honestly they have more chance of blowing themselves up rather than us

Glenn Beck actually did an interesting interview with Brad Thor a few weeks ago and at the very least a good read...

GLENN: So, Brad, with that, let’s war game a couple of things because I can’t find a way out that I’m comfortable on a lot of these things. Let’s start with North Korea. We have three carrier battle groups out now. The only time in history that that has ever happened, where we’ve had three. We’ve always gone to war. We have Otto Warmbier, being drugged and beaten now, according to one general, that they used Sodium Pentothal on him so much, it addled his brain. They were beating him. They dumped him on our doorstep like a mob hit. And we — they’re also putting into production long-range missiles. And we don’t really seem to have a line because the — crossing that line for us is all bad stuff. What do we do?

BRAD: Well, I’ll take it up another notch for you, to add to your anxiety over North Korea.

GLENN: Thank you.

BRAD: You know, a lot of people scoffed and laughed when they did their nuke tests, when they detonated underground. And said, wow, these are relatively small, low-yield things. Ha-ha-ha. They can’t really build a serious big bomb. Well, if you think they’re going to put them on top of a missile, you may not be worried about, you know, this thing being equivalent to what the Russians have.

But, you know, the North Koreans have put a couple of satellites into outer space. And if they put one of these low-yield bombs into a satellite and detonate it over the United States, the electromagnetic pulse is going to wipe us out. It’s going to — we’re going to go back to the 1800s in the blink of an eye.

GLENN: Jeez, I haven’t even thought of a satellite. Thank you, Brad. Thank you for that.

BRAD: Yeah. You’re welcome. Sleep well tonight. Tania, I’m sorry.

GLENN: I know. I don’t sleep as it is. Now you give me that.

BRAD: As it is. I know. I know.

GLENN: Okay. So what do we do? What should we do?

BRAD: Well, so Kim Jong-un isn’t the problem. It’s the military and political structure that holds him up as a figurehead. The reason he’s got that stupid haircut, is it’s supposed to hearken back to the days of his grandfather.

GLENN: Correct.

BRAD: Which, interesting for me, is that they decided to assassinate his older half brother in an airport where they put up those two dupes, those massage — masseuses or whatever it was, and they killed the older half-brother, which is a really interesting move. I don’t know why they did that. What they were worried about, what kind of chess pieces were being moved.

GLENN: Weren’t they sending a message to the West, first sending a message to their own people, look at what the West has done, but also maybe sending a message to his — the people he’s afraid of. That I’ll get you wherever you are. And also, a message to the West, I don’t care if you have it on tape. I’m not afraid. Possibility?

BRAD: Yeah, that’s possible. No, it’s totally possible. And it’s possible that they were worried there was some plot afoot to overthrow things and to use the older half brother as somebody to install a new, more democratic regime there. I mean, it’s hard to understand. They’re nuts. They’re absolutely nuts. And there isn’t a good way out of this, particularly because you’ve got Seoul sitting on the other side of the DMZ. And Seoul — when you think about it, with 11 million people there, they are the Israel of that area. There’s bunkers underneath everything because they’re worried about incoming from the North Koreans. There is not a good way out of this. And it’s another place — you know, you would have thought that we had Saddam Hussein’s inner circle very well penetrated before we went into the Gulf War scenario, and we didn’t. And we’re even more blind when it comes to North Korea. We need to get inside — these guys all have skeletons in their closet, the generals and the politicos behind them. We need to work it from the inside out.

GLENN: Okay. So are a — I’ve got a gun to your head. I’m forcing you to put your house down on the betting table. You bet this ends in our favor, or it ends with war?

BRAD: I think China goes in and does something. I think the Chinese are better equipped to overthrow that government. But the problem for China is they don’t want the mass of humanity running in. That’s the big thing. South Korea and the Chinese want to contain it. But my money would be on actually some sort of a coup and China being the brains behind it. That would be what I hope.

Source: http://www.glennbeck.com/2017/06/27/brad-thors-war-gaming-on-north-korea-might-keep-you-up-all-night/?utm_source=glennbeck&utm_medium=contentcopy_link

Nuke North Korea before they nuke us. Problem solved.

Or we can just let the proper power... oh wait, I forgot who our commander-in-chief is. We're probably not in a good situation.

Nuke North Korea before they nuke us. Problem solved.

Or we can just let the proper power... oh wait, I forgot who our commander-in-chief is. We're probably not in a good situation.

No jokes. Please. We're supposed to be taking them serious.

Archived