Is a kneeling piledriver more dangerous than a regular piledriver?

Exorcism

Honestly. I mean, we will likely never see a proper Ganso bomb in these games due to safety concerns, but would a kneeling piledriver be a less dangerous alternative? Is a kneeling piledriver (not the Tombstone) really more dangerous than a regular piledriver, and if so, is it because the attacker's legs protecting the recipient when the bump is taken in a regular sit-out one?

I would say its more dangerous. Unlike a tombstone, the reciever can't wrap his arms around the attackers waist to help keep them up, and unlike a regular piledriver, the users thighs and legs can't soften the blow at all, leaving entirely to the users arm strength to keep the reciever from a concussion or worse. God knows how bad it'd be if they were to slip due to a sweaty body.

I would say its more dangerous. Unlike a tombstone, the reciever can't wrap his arms around the attackers waist to help keep them up, and unlike a regular piledriver, the users thighs and legs can't soften the blow at all, leaving entirely to the users arm strength to keep the reciever from a concussion or worse. God knows how bad it'd be if they were to slip due to a sweaty body.

Definitely agree. I'd hate to leave it all in the care of someone else with that much of a risky move. Regular piledrivers aren't near as bad. At least their ass takes most of the fall. Billy Gunn used to fall slightly to the side sometimes when performing one.

This brings me to another question: Would it be possible for developers to convert a mocapped regular piledriver to a kneeling pile driver via editing?

I hope that if anything, the kneeling piledriver from the Create a Finisher from earlier games returns in 2k18.

Edit: I found out it's possible to edit mocapped moves. They could edit it so they could make the attacker kneel instead of sit.

This brings me to another question: Would it be possible for developers to convert a mocapped regular piledriver to a kneeling pile driver via editing?

I hope that if anything, the kneeling piledriver from the Create a Finisher from earlier games returns in 2k18.

Edit: I found out it's possible to edit mocapped moves. They could edit it so they could make the attacker kneel instead of sit.

So far they've only made small edits, what you're asking for is a bit more in depth than that.

Prolly brought this up years ago, but I always wondered if they could get some of the same results (minus the actual selling) if they throw a mannequin with several points of articulation in a mo-cap suit and do all kinds of crazy sheeit to it.

Prolly brought this up years ago, but I always wondered if they could get some of the same results (minus the actual selling) if they throw a mannequin with several points of articulation in a mo-cap suit and do all kinds of crazy sheeit to it.

Yes! That sounds brilliant! Imagine the moves that could be done that would otherwise be impossible to do.

Yes! That sounds brilliant! Imagine the moves that could be done that would otherwise be impossible to do.

Now hold on. While its not a bad idea, I think you guys may be missing a major flaw in it. Most moves require participation between both wrestlers to make it look good, or in some cases to make it work at all (minus Kota Ibushi of course). While it would work for a scant couple of moves and would be an option for moves that are simply too dangerous for the reciever, there are plenty of moves that that simply would not be a viable option for.

They'd also need a dummy that is as close as absolutely possible to an actual person to make the moves look good.

Again, i'm not shitting on the idea, i'm just saying that its not the simple obvious solution we're looking for as it has its own array of issues to contend with.

Archived