WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Story Time is fun...but I feel like it would be much better if they didn't pick such tame stories all the time. You know these guys have better stories than the ones that get picked for Story Time. I want an adult version of ST. I mean...they had characters dropping uncensored F bombs in Camp WWE, so...

WWE has sent out a new fan survey asking WWE Network subscribers about new content and features that could be added to the Network. The survey asks fans about new possible content, features and subscriber perks on the Network with some intriguing options including original scripted comedies and dramas, airing other promotions such as GFW and ROH and more.

The survey is like many in the past which have examined fan interest in bringing content to the Network. Of course, many of the options previously provided have not yet come to pass while others, such as the Cruiserweight Tournament, UK Championship and Mae Young Classic, have. The survey notes that the company is considering adding new programming options as part of a premium priced tier. You can see all of the options from the survey below.

The first part of the survey asks about new possible content to air on the Network, with the options as listed in the survey below:

* Other Promotions: Historic and new programming from ICW, PROGRESS, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, or other regional Indie promotions

* Ring of Honor: Historic and new programming from Ring of Honor

* Special Live Events: Special one-time live events from unique locations around the world featuring an unexpected main event

* Tournaments: New in-ring tournaments such as a Pro Am style tournament (WWE vs. NXT), a Lucha tournament, a tag team tournament, or King / Queen of the Ring tournaments

* Original Scripted Dramas: Wrestling-themed series inspired by wrestlings colorful and rich history such as WWEs version of Game of Thrones

* TNA: Historic and new programming from TNA / Impact / Global Force Wrestling

* Original Scripted Comedies: Comedies such as WWE Superstar Roasts, Southpaw Regional Wrestling, or WWEs version of The Office

* WWE Directors Cut: Shows that put a new twist on classic content such as WWE Legends narrating historic pay-per-views or current WWE Superstars providing their perspective and analysis of classic matches and events

* House Shows: For the first time ever, get a live, ringside view of select WWE house shows

* New Reality Shows: Reality shows featuring life on the road for WWE Superstars, an insiders view of WWE Superstars intense training and workout regimens, WWE Superstar Cribs, WWE-style Apprentice to win a job at WWE, or WWE Legends House Season 2 Attitude Era

* Audio Channel: A section of WWE Network for listening only that provides audio play-by-play of pay-per-views, music playlists, sports radio style call-in shows and podcasts

* TV-14 In-Ring Show: A new weekly version of ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) or other edgy new promotion rated TV-14

The survey then asks how much out of $10 total fans would be willing to pay for each of these topics (i.e. $1 on ROH, $2 on ECW, $0 on Reality Shows, etc.), followed by gauging interest in new functionality features added as follows:

* Ratings / Comment System: Ability to rate shows or matches (e.g. 0 5 stars), add comments, or mark favorite moments

* Alternate Viewing Options: The ability to watch WWE in-ring shows using alternate camera choices (e.g. gorilla cam, drone cam, Go-Pro camera), 360 views or select higher or lower resolution options

* Download To Go: Ability to download content and watch offline

* Alternate Audio: Choose your favorite pay-per-view commentator team for instance, you can hear Stone Cold Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler call a live pay-per-view

* Personalization: Ability to create custom playlists and change the look and feel of your WWE Network interface with options that represent your favorite WWE Era and Superstars

* Social Sharing: Ability to share playlists, clips, or favorites on social media (Facebook, YouTube, etc.)

* Social Viewing: Set up a movie theater mode to watch virtually with friends or participate in a live event on Facebook where you can chat with other fans

* Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality: The ability to watch current or historic WWE content in a way that makes it seem as if you are actually sitting ringside and experiencing an event, such as WrestleMania, live and in person, using special computer generated effects and equipment like a headset

There is then a similar out of $10 question about how much fans would pay for these features. The next step looks at benefits for subscribing, the options of which are:

* Preferred Pricing: Special offers for WWE VIP events and products including Meet & Greet discount packages and special offers on products from WWE sponsors

* Get Breaking News First: Be the first to receive WWE breaking news, before its posted on social media, WWE.com or shared with other outlets

* Free Shipping: Free shipping on WWEshop.com orders

* Fan Voting: Special opportunities to vote on match participants, Hall of Fame inductees, Slammys winner, or other WWE events

* Early Access to Live Event Tickets: Exclusive early access to live event tickets before going on sale to the public

* Monthly inside WWE Headquarters Conference Call: Ability to listen in to a conference call with WWE executives such as Triple H or Stephanie McMahon

* Loyalty Program: Get rewards such as t-shirts, collectibles and ticket upgrades using loyalty points earned from the length of time you have been a WWE Network premium subscriber or your time spent viewing

* Sweepstakes Entries: Automatic sweepstakes entry to win WWE event tickets, VIP meet-ups, merchandise, or unique WWE experiences such as a chance to appear on a Network show

* Early Access to New Merchandise: Exclusive early access to new WWE merchandise on WWEShop.com, such as T-shirts and hats, before it goes on sale to the public

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-asks-new-wwe-network-content-survey-original-dramas-roh-gfw-options/

Guest Fight Me.

The Alundra Blayze Story is good!

Indeed it was. Strange that they didn't promote this and it randomly aired after NXT. Specials like this usually air after Raw, Madusa deserves a little more respect than this. But there was some talk of not airing this at all, so I'm just glad they changed their minds on that.

I want me some new Countdown, WrestleMania Rewind, Legends of Wrestling and Breaking Ground episodes!

An NXT vs WWE, Lucha or Tag Tournament would be fantastic as would a new TV-14 in ring show as well of course somehow seeing other promotional shows like ROH or GFW.

The only reality/scripted show I would like is wwe on the road and superstar cribs.

Download to go and personalization would be cool

Guest Fight Me.

Been watching a couple No Mercy PPVs before Sunday. Cool that Taker and Brock main evented two in a row in 2002 and 2003, but did they really think a Biker Chain match would top their HIAC match the previous year? Lmao

WWE Network News notes Southpaw Regional Wrestling season one is being added to the WWE Network on Sept. 25. Obviously this has led to speculation season two will end up there soon as well.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/9/23/16353572/rumor-roundup-sept-23-2017-undertaker-wwe-bella-twins-return-southpaw-regional-wrestling

I think I'm going to start watching the first episodes of Thunder when they finally release. I've been watching the first few episodes of Smackdown as of late. I don't watch much of the current product on the Network as I get enough of that watching Raw, SD Live and NXT. I have also been watching a few ECW matches as of late.

Well beside a all 4HW episode of Ride Along is there anybody else you guys wanna see?

Titus World Wide, Rollins & Ambrose, Nia & Alexa, Styles & Roode is all i can think of for now.

Are you just assuming everyone wants to watch that?

Guest Fight Me.

Idgaf the whole episode can be them just driving and not talking to each other and I'd still watch. I mean, the Charlotte and Ric episode was pretty much like that cause they were mad at each other. :lol:

Also, I noticed they've added Southpaw season one, new episode of Music Power 10 and the four IGN 2K18 roster reveals for some reason lol.

Well beside a all 4HW episode of Ride Along is there anybody else you guys wanna see?

Titus World Wide, Rollins & Ambrose, Nia & Alexa, Styles & Roode is all i can think of for now.

People do enjoyed watching Ride Along.

People do enjoyed watching Ride Along.

They do, but you made some weird assumption that everyone cares about a 4HW one. Lmfao.

Starting to get worried about Thunder.

Well it may be delayed a little, but I'd think they're working on it. There's still three days of September left too.

Guest Fight Me.

Maybe like a year I've noticed with other DVDs.

Just noticed they also have the WWE vs. ECW special leading up to One Night Stand 2006 in the WWE ECW section lol. I remember this special being lit.

Archived