WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The WWE started the UK division in answer to UKs ITV looking to bring back World of Sport. According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the WWEs announcement of June shows at Royal Albert Hall in London is in response to ITV making noises of starting something again, and two sources have said that theyve told wrestlers they have under contract they are looking at doing a taping as soon as next month. Talent under ITV contract has been told about plans for May, with the idea of taping ten one-hour television shows over a three-day span. The June WWE UK tournament is currently planned to be an eight-man tournament of their contracted UK talent. WWE hadnt done anything with the UK show because of the high cost of taping the original tournament as a network show and have been trying to get a television partner to pay for the show. The ITV rumors have caused WWE to get aggressive again, which is also why they signed Zack Gibson, and possibly others that have not been named. The feeling is that WWE has or will be signing more talent and that WWE is close to its own television deal for the UK show and that this June tournament will be the start of regular tapings.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-amping-uk-project-due-itv-considering-new-series/

The WWE started the UK division in answer to UKs ITV looking to bring back World of Sport. According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the WWEs announcement of June shows at Royal Albert Hall in London is in response to ITV making noises of starting something again, and two sources have said that theyve told wrestlers they have under contract they are looking at doing a taping as soon as next month. Talent under ITV contract has been told about plans for May, with the idea of taping ten one-hour television shows over a three-day span. The June WWE UK tournament is currently planned to be an eight-man tournament of their contracted UK talent. WWE hadnt done anything with the UK show because of the high cost of taping the original tournament as a network show and have been trying to get a television partner to pay for the show. The ITV rumors have caused WWE to get aggressive again, which is also why they signed Zack Gibson, and possibly others that have not been named. The feeling is that WWE has or will be signing more talent and that WWE is close to its own television deal for the UK show and that this June tournament will be the start of regular tapings.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-amping-uk-project-due-itv-considering-new-series/

Oh Meltzer and his conspiracies, it's obvious WWE's UK move has nothing to do with ITV...

All good news, IMO.

WWE's 2018 business model is a throwback to working the territories, and I like it.

Throwback to burying the territories.

Guest Fight Me.

Think Vince hates Beyond the Mat lol.

I'd love to see the Andre doc on the Network, as well as the docs they've done with ESPN on Ric Flair and NXT.

There's zero chance of Beyond The Mat getting on the Network although I would like to see it get put on. I would like to see Wrestling With Shadows on there, too.

Speaking of documentaries, when the hell did the Pillman doc get removed?

Please show me the long list of territories and promotions that WWE has buried in the past few years, then.

I'll wait.

You know what...the "WWE buried the competition" rhetoric is a bunch of shit anyway; All they did was change how wrestling was produced. They did what other promotions couldn't...and they found a foothold on cable television. And now, with the internet being a thing, smaller promotions can enjoy global exposure as well, which is why WWE poses no threat to them anymore. It's not a case of "WWF is on national television, and Smoky Mountain Wrestling is only aired locally"...you have the internet to level that playing field.

So, I'd say that you actually are the one being naive...if you completely fail to see how the internet (and modernity in general) has changed the pro wrestling industry. You aren't going to see WWE posing any threats to different territories in 2018. And Wrestlemania is a fantastic example of that. WWE takes an entire city, and all of the smaller promotions who can rent out buildings in the area are able to make bank that week. WWE is a beacon for casual fans to be drawn to, and the internet combined with other promotion methods helps to share all of that success with everyone else.

The times are completely different. And it isn't naivety to see that writing on the wall. The model has changed, and pro wrestling as a whole is bigger than ever.

Guest Fight Me.

First episode of Something Else To Wrestle w/ Bruce Pritchard will be available on demand tonight at the same time as NXT comes on. Weird time to add it lol.

Archived