WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the full version of "True Story of the Royal Rumble" on the Network yet? All I could find was a 17 minute "First Look" - but Sky had an hour long version as the Royal Rumble Preview show - which I missed half of.

Mind you a three hour box set on the Rumble is an expense easily justified.

^ What he said.

Been on a Royal Rumble binge today. I can't tell you guys enough times how great the 1990 Royal Rumble match is. 2007 was all right and surreal in the process. John Cena vs Umaga's last man standing match was fantastic. Shawn Michaels and Triple H's last man standing match was such bullshit. Absolute bullshit. Cena and Umaga had a better last man standing match than Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Fact.

Watching the 2004 Rumble match now.

Besides the ending, what was so bullshit about that match?

^ What he said.

Been on a Royal Rumble binge today. I can't tell you guys enough times how great the 1990 Royal Rumble match is. 2007 was all right and surreal in the process. John Cena vs Umaga's last man standing match was fantastic. Shawn Michaels and Triple H's last man standing match was such bullshit. Absolute bullshit. Cena and Umaga had a better last man standing match than Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Fact.

Watching the 2004 Rumble match now.

Besides the ending, what was so bullshit about that match?

Dunno, I really liked it. The aftermath was funny though, I think Shawn really caught Hunter in the jaw with the superkick.

There's a scene on the DVD with them both in the trainer's room getting treatment, and Hunter is complaining he can't feel his face, and Shawn has hurt his leg.

1993 Rumble match. I love how Bob Backlund was slowly getting over as hell with the crowd. Guy went the distance.

I just love the end of that match, Randy goes for the pin and Yoko just launches him into space.

That was awful, makes the babyface look like a complete idiot.

With Savage it made sense though, he was liable to get lost in the moment - look at the way he eliminated himself a year earlier. He realized he was over matched, and forgot the Rumble rules, reverting to instinct.

Archived