WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Guest Fight Me.

Is that PEACOCKMANIA code not working for anyone? It's supposed to be $2.50 for 4 months. But it wants to charge me $9.99 now and $4.99 afterwards. Maybe it's tryna give me the version without ads?

Edit: Nvm code works. It's just WWE & Peacock are promoting it differently. WWE are saying it's $2.50 a month for 4 months when Peacock is just saying it's $9.99 for 4 months. It's the same *censored*ing thing lol

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

I've had 2 ads so far in this Edge/Foley Untold special. I *censored*ing hate it here. Edit: Ended up being 5 of them.

They just tryna pass off 2001 backstage footage off as 2006 footage of Edge at Mania lol

On 4/3/2021 at 5:16 PM, Generations said:

The content is being edited on the old network too. Literally just said that. Eventually peacock and the network are supposed to offer the same content.

i was talk more about watching and using the old wwe network if u dont want to use peacock version

5 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

And again I'm not talking about the edits I'm talking about the ability to watch it because even I don't like the peacock version

The entire discussion was about whether the old Network would still exist with the old content on it. There's no point in using a VPN to keep getting the Network instead of Peacock, if the content is going to be the same on both. So, you're talking about something that doesn't even make sense. Kman's original question was "Will the old network keep existing, because it would be weird if an outside platform could decide what is inappropriate moving forward". That's a two part question. The answer to that question is not "Get a VPN so you can keep watching the old network"...the answer is "There won't be an "old network". There will be THE network and there will be Peacock, and both will eventually have the same content with the same edits. The "Old" network will be gone no matter what. It will have its content edited just the same. It will exist in name and format, but will be the same as Peacock in content. Now...you COULD use a VPN if you are simply nostalgic for the Network name, or the layout. But, you won't be having access to anything that Peacock doesn't also have. By Summerslam, the content is supposed to be identical. If you were talking about keeping the Network just because the format is better, then that's what you should have said several posts ago...because, at no point during the line of discussion was anyone alluding to that. 

One credit I will give peacock, is that they have actual film and television content on there. So...it's kind of cool to see the different hubs they are able to do for Rock or whoever else...where they have not only his WWE stuff, but his Hollywood stuff. Granted, this doesn't make up for everything they are doing poorly...but it is a cool feature. So...credit where it is due.

Another Attitude Era segment has been removed from the WWE Network on Peacock.

A Reddit user has revealed that a RAW segment from November 24, 1997 has been removed from the library. The segment features Goldust introducing Luna Vachon.

It appears the segment was removed due to Goldust wearing the black paint on his face. You can see the segment below.

As we’ve noted, Peacock recently confirmed that they were reviewing all 17,000 hours of WWE Network content to ensure it aligns with their standards & practices of 2021. WWE has been helping with the review process, and is being made aware of all edits. The edits are being made on the WWE Network standalone app and Peacock, which means international users are also being affected.

Segments removed in the past few weeks include the Goldust and Vachon segment, the Survivor Series 2005 segment with WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon dropping the N-word to John Cena and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, and the WrestleMania 6 match between Bad News Brown and WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper, where Piper wrestled with half of his body painted black, after he cut promos in blackface in the build to the match.

WWE and Peacock expect to have the WWE library available for viewing on-demand in time for SummerSlam in late August, but they will continue to review and remove controversial content.

https://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2021/04/peacock-removes-goldust-luna-vachon-segment.html

:facepalm:  ffs, he wasn't doing blackface.  he changed the colour scheme of is facepaint due to the character's personality change.

CONTEXT PEOPLE, CONTEXT!!!

Guest Fight Me.

Anyone else still accidentally open the Network app lol

I like how before and after 205 Live, you catch ads from the Network feed for like a split second or so. Those sons of bitches lol

Guest Fight Me.

I swear they've done so many Edge docs since his return. But *Censored* it, I'm watching this new Chronicle too lol

This ads suck cause they don't even add fade ins and fade outs so they just come back mid-sentence sometimes. I'll just suck it up for now cause I already used the $9.99 for 4 months deal. After that, I'll consider whether or not it's worth upgrading.

Cool that Christian Cage didn't get cut from this doc and the Beth Phoenix one a while ago.

Archived