WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

5 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Y’all don’t understand how many times I said “man I feel like watching _____” and remembered I don’t have the Network/it’s not on Peacock 

I was thinking about watching some ECW matches of Taz recently. And was just like "oh yeah...there ain't shit on the library right now".

They better not be full of shit when they say that everything will be back before Summerslam. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really surprised about it at all, tbh. There are some guys who are "WWE Lifers" who can pretty much do whatever they want. Jericho is one of them. Other names on that list...Cena, Rock, Taker, Kane, etc. Hell...Big Show and Christian are probably on that list too. I don't think there is as much "bad blood" about career choices as people like to think their is. 

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

are we going take bets on if peacock going take the dx nation promo off the network for heavy use of blackface

I havent got Peacock so I'm not really up to date. What have they been censoring so far? Being heavy handed about it or? 

“I texted Vince and said we had this badass idea about Jericho coming on the show,” Steve Austin says.

"Vince goes, ‘It’s cool. Go ahead.’ But me and Vince don’t always do well with phones and texts and all that, so I texted one more time, ‘Are you sure it’s O.K. to have Chris Jericho on the show?’ Vince gave me the thumbs up, and Chris came out to do the show.”

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/04/02/aew-chris-jericho-steve-austin-interview-wwe-network

3 hours ago, Kman said:

I havent got Peacock so I'm not really up to date. What have they been censoring so far? Being heavy handed about it or? 

I believe they ended out Roddy Piper's black half face and Vince saying the n word but those are the only ones I know there may be more

6 hours ago, Kman said:

It's hard to tell, honestly...because they ain't got shit available to watch anyway. 

We won't really know the full extent of what has been cut until they reboot the library, which is allegedly going to be done by Summerslam.

I mean...the full extent of what is currently on Peacock is basically original programming like 24, Broken Skull, Chronicles, some of the Indy events from places like ICW and Progress...the recent episodes of things like Raw, SD, and NXT...some bullshit like Total Bellas, and the library of mainstream WWE PPVs. They've added a few random WCW and ECW events just to claim it's there, I guess...but almost everything is missing right now...and the shit they have chosen to add feels completely random in most cases.

Guest Fight Me.
9 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

?? (from the Fastlane edition of The Day Of)

I thought he was fake crying but I would be sad to lose Cesaro too. ???

Replying to Austin and Gen

So it the network still a thing or is Peacock replacing it entirely? It'll be weird if an outside platform can select what is considered sensitive or inappropriate going forward.

Let's be honest pro wrestling has been VERY suspect in the past with horrendous gimmicks and storylines. However I'd be very much against them 'erasing' history if you will for the sake of it being deemed offensive. If it was issued with a warning or something then fair enough. Not because I'm insensitive to people's outrage but more the fact there's very little alternatives to viewing wwe back catalogue now. 

27 minutes ago, Kman said:

Replying to Austin and Gen

So it the network still a thing or is Peacock replacing it entirely? It'll be weird if an outside platform can select what is considered sensitive or inappropriate going forward.

Let's be honest pro wrestling has been VERY suspect in the past with horrendous gimmicks and storylines. However I'd be very much against them 'erasing' history if you will for the sake of it being deemed offensive. If it was issued with a warning or something then fair enough. Not because I'm insensitive to people's outrage but more the fact there's very little alternatives to viewing wwe back catalogue now. 

In the US, it is Peacock only.

Outside the US, they still have the old Network.

BUT...the edits that Peacock is making to the content are apparently also being made to the Network outside the US, so it basically doesn't matter anyway.

2 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

I mean if you have VPN you should technically still be able to see the old Network

The content is being edited on the old network too. Literally just said that. Eventually peacock and the network are supposed to offer the same content.

Archived