WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL Psicosis apparently wore a wig with his mask. Relevant to the thread because I was watching Nitro and wondering how he got his hair to look so "big". Also, the black & white attire with the entrance coat = his most iconic gear, imo.

Looking at it now, maybe this is that first wig the Kane imposter wore during the May 19th storyline before changing to a better one.

WWEs Table For 3 series will return to the WWE Network after Mondays RAW goes off the air. The episode will feature Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan, formerly of The Riott Squad. Below is the synopsis for the thirty-minute episode:

Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan discuss squad goals, their chemistry and the friendship that was forged from their pairing as a team!

watching HHH's road to WM

the man's schedule is insane

This was great. I don't know how there are people out there who don't have respect for Triple H, or think he's only out for himself. In the past, as an active wrestler? Sure. But, that goes for anyone.

As a head of the company, this dude is doing absolutely everything right. You can feel his emotion come through in everything he does. You can tell that he is trying to create something. I've always appreciated HHH...but, that Network special really shows how deep his love is for everyone and everything he comes in contact with. That's a dude who is dedicated to pro wrestling. When we're finally rid of Vince, HHH is undoubtedly going to turn things around for WWE. I just hope that doesn't take too much longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also watched a couple episodes of TF3 the other day. Watched the 'Wrestling Wives' one, and the one with Cole, Ricochet, and Gargano. Both were great. The CRG one was especially entertaining with them showing the old clips. "In 10 years, you're gonna be broken in half, I'll be 30lbs heavier (in the worst way)...and you will have learned how to fly." :lol:

watching HHH's road to WM

the man's schedule is insane

This was great. I don't know how there are people out there who don't have respect for Triple H, or think he's only out for himself. In the past, as an active wrestler? Sure. But, that goes for anyone.

That Triple H pops up whenever he steps back in the ring, though. Every time he's booked to wrestle, his match almost always gets the most time which is a bit bogus.

I'm not sure that can be blamed on Triple H anyway. Vince still orchestrates these shows.

Like...do you even think Triple H wanted to wrestle Randy at SSD? I'm sure he was fine with it. He wouldn't refuse to do it...but, at the same time...I'm sure it was still Vince who was like "We want you to wrestle Randy". I don't know...I think HHH just does these matches because he wears two hats. I don't think it's his prerogative to be like "I want to fight Randy, I want to fight Batista, I want to go 25 minutes..." I think he just looks at it as "I'm still an active wrestler, and this is the match I've been handed." Obviously he has more say than anyone else...but, I don't think the overall match, opponent, length, etc. is his to book.

He might have say on whether or not he can do a long match...but, I highly doubt that he politics for them. I'd assume a conversation might go something like...Vince: "Can you do 25 minutes?" Hunter: "Yeah, I can do 25 minutes". I don't know why people just assume that Trips controls everything you see...I find that high unlikely. Ultimately, Vince is the one with the headset, going segment for segment. He knows what he wants the time spent on...

Now...if Trips was booking himself in 30 minute matches on NXT, you might have a point...

He might have say on whether or not he can do a long match...but, I highly doubt that he politics for them. I'd assume a conversation might go something like...Vince: "Can you do 25 minutes?" Hunter: "Yeah, I can do 25 minutes". I don't know why people just assume that Trips controls everything you see...I find that high unlikely. Ultimately, Vince is the one with the headset, going segment for segment. He knows what he wants the time spent on...

Now...if Trips was booking himself in 30 minute matches on NXT, you might have a point...

Once again, you're taking a leap. I didn't say nor do I believe he controls everything, I said his matches are almost always the longest match on the card which is factually correct. Why is that? My guess: there's an open-discussion about how he sees his match and they've constistently been these long-drawn-out epics (which they have no right being for the most part imo). I think a few of the big names are afforded that degree of producing, too, not just Trips. But most of the time, when he's on the card, it's his matches that are given the most time and that's because he's Triple H and his words are highly valued.

No one is debating whether Triple H is in a position of authority, or whether his words are highly valued. We know he has power and we know that he has a strong say in what goes down. That all goes without saying. But, it's still Vince's product at the end of the day.

You seem to have these personal opinions about Triple H being egotistical, and those opinions cannot be proven one way or the other...because, none of us know the booking process behind these matches. What we DO know, is that Vince has the final say about what happens on these shows. What we do know, is that if Vince goes to Hunter and says "I'd like you to do a match on the show", Trips is gonna do it. Whatever happens after that is kind of irrelevant.

And as far as entrances are concerned...it's not just Hunter. All of the guys from that era have these epic entrances. It's because those guys are slowing down in the ring, and they need the elaborate, epic entrances to make their matches special. You aren't about to see Undertaker, Goldberg, Triple H, or even Steve Austin or The Rock without some epic entrance. It's a huge part of what people expect to see from them. Hell...you even see it with Jericho. I feel like people take the HHH stuff way too personally, just because he has two roles in the company. It goes hand-in-hand with the "Triple H is only a star because he married Stephanie" comments...which are also ridiculous.

People just have this deep-seeded angst when it comes to HHH, and that shit is frankly laughable.

Why are you bringing up entrances? Match length, man. Bell to bell is what we're talking about.

Anyway, whether it's him suggesting the match be a certain length or it being suggested to him, it doesn't matter. The point is, I think Triple H needs to have some self-reflection about his matches. He needs to ask either himself or whoever: "Does my match warrant this amount of time?" I think many would agree the answer is no, it doesn't. From a creative standpoint, from a booking standpoint, from a quality standpoint -- it's all been unnecessary these last few bouts. But there are people behind-the-scenes (including Triple H for sure) who appear to think otherwise. And this is where, yes, his ego plays a role. If he doesn't want to wrestle +20 minutes, he has enough pull to get that changed and you'll be lying to yourself if you say otherwise. Business isn't dependent on him (or anyone for that matter) wrestling long ass matches. He's wrestling these matches because he wants to and apparently thinks it's warranted. And that's the problem: it takes some ego not to realize or care that your matches (especially lately) are not deserving of such a length.

Archived