WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

UK Championship Tournament just announced for June. No mention of KOTR though so maybe it's its own tournament, which is confusing since they put them in the same graphic last night.

Because of the name implies it's for the championship, Dunne (assuming he's still the champion) just coming in at the end to face the winner sounds a bit meh and if the title match takes place at a later date, a different name like "United Kingdom Classic" would be more fitting.

Triple H revealed during today’s Business Partner Summit that the United Kingdom Championship Tournament will return for two nights this summer on June 18 and 19. This showcase for the finest talent in the U.K. will emanate from the most famous arena in London, Royal Albert Hall.

The first United Kingdom Championship Tournament was held in 2017 on Jan. 14 and 15 in Blackpool’s Empress Ballroom and aired live on WWE Network. The competition to crown the first-ever WWE United Kingdom Champion was won by 19-year-old Tyler Bate, who beat Pete Dunne in the final. Dunne later defeated Bate for the title at NXT TakeOver: Chicago in a modern classic, and continues to hold the championship as of this publication.

The Royal Albert Hall, meanwhile, is one of the world’s most vaunted arenas. Opened by Queen Victoria in 1871, it has hosted Beatles concerts, Muhammad Ali boxing matches and sports-entertainment bouts dating back as far as 1904 when WWE Hall of Famer George Hackenschmidt grappled there. And on June 18 and 19, it will serve as the proving ground of WWE’s next great U.K. talent.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-united-kingdom-tournament-return/

I've really never heard of South America having a strong wrestling presence. Mexico is the zenith for Lucha Libre...but that's about as far as that extends. If they were planning a South American tournament, and now they aren't...then I'm guessing they reached the same conclusion...they probably couldn't find enough names.

I'd take Canada or Japan over a SA tournament anyway.

Because of the name implies it's for the championship, Dunne (assuming he's still the champion) just coming in at the end to face the winner sounds a bit meh and if the title match takes place at a later date, a different name like "United Kingdom Classic" would be more fitting.

It's not that he'd come in at the end, but more so to face the winner of the tournament at a later date. The title can stay the same, the tournament is still for the UK Championship, technically.

So speaking of the UK KOTR tournament, sounds like ITV has been in talks again about their wrestling show, so there you go.

World of Sport talks have gotten underway again?

I wonder if Jeff Jarrett is still involved?

There have been rumors for several years now that WWE has been considering a tier system for the WWE Network. The word is that the current price of $9.99 a month would offer "regular" access to the Network, but that a higher price would allow subscribers to have more access to exclusive content, such as independent wrestling programs.

WWE Chief Financial Officer George Barrios reportedly addressed it at a recent conference call:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/983440630805417985

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51726/Tier-System-Reportedly-Coming-to-WWE-Network-Soon/

Archived