WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah when you go to cancel it comes up with all the big stuff happening on the network soon and the GRR was one of them. Then someone website tried it and got the same thing. Pretty much confirmation, but hey you never know.

On the latest edition of his podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler announced that he and Jim Ross would reunite as the announcing team for the 4/27 Greatest Royal Rumble event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. As we reported earlier today, the event will air on the WWE Network. On his podcast, Lawler also stated the event would live on television in Saudi Arabia.

The show is slated to feature the first 50-competitor Royal Rumble match and is the first event being produced as part of a new ten-year pact with Vision 2030, Saudi Arabias social and economic reform program. Sources within WWE have told PWInsider.com that the company is making every move possible to ensure that the first event as part of that agreement is a massive, impactful show as the company is set for quite a nice payday over the next decade for producing and bringing the events to the country.

PWInsider.com had been told that the company is already working on creative plans for the event, which include bringing over as many major names as possible, including surprises. WWE has already announced that John Cena, Triple H, Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shinsuke Nakamura will be appearing and that there will be seven championship matches on the event, announcing every championship with the exception of the Raw and Smackdown Women's championship.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=116258

Guest Fight Me.

Heard Mike Johnson mention Taker would be there a while back. Which seemed really odd to me, you'd think he'd be done at Mania, but it sounds like maybe HE'S GOT A LOT LEFT IN THE TANK.

Guest Fight Me.

Is it just the rumble or will there be some other matches?

7 championship matches confirmed, no women's title matches though as I believe they're not allowed to wrestle there still unfortunately.

Damn, I wonder how much money WWE is getting out of this. Must be quite a lot.

The rich in the country are really rich so Im sure they are making a pretty penny

I think they're getting a TV deal there. UFC sold a bunch of stock there as well, I think.

They should debut Jeet Rama in this Rumble.

Bit racist.

They should debut Jeet Rama in this Rumble.

Bit racist.

Oh piss off.

Rumbles are always great spots to introduce new people...and I know that Rama is Indian, not Saudi...but it would certainly be closer to his homeland than anything in the US would be. It would be a good way to make the show seem like a big deal. Have this guy say that he traveled across the Indian Ocean to Saudi Arabia when he heard about this opportunity...

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. Everyone needs a regular dosage of E&C.

Placing my request for a segment where Edge and Christian are trying to solve a complex problem by doing math on a blackboard, and they have EC ³ as an answer, which prompts Ethan Carter to come out and shake his head like "nope".

Guest Fight Me.

2nd annual Mae Young Classic and King of the Ring UK Tourney just announced during the Hall of Fame.

As well as new episodes of E&C Show, Storytime, 365 on AJ Styles, WWE 24 on Jeff Hardy and Ronda Rousey, Camp WWE and more.

Archived