WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE recently had a Survey regarding possible premium content for those subscribed to the WWE Network. One of the questions were if you would like to see a new ECW weekly wrestling show or another weekly TV-14 wrestling show on the Network. Perhaps this shows WWE could have a TV/PG-14 show if there was enough demand or if they wanted to. While I don't think this would herald the return of a new Attitude Era, I wouldn't mind seeing a WWE show of sorts on the par with TV-14 TNA. I don't know if this hypothetical show should be branded ECW. Maybe something original. It could draw in additional viewers.

WWE recently had a Survey regarding possible premium content for those subscribed to the WWE Network. One of the questions were if you would like to see a new ECW weekly wrestling show or another weekly TV-14 wrestling show on the Network. Perhaps this shows WWE could have a TV/PG-14 show if there was enough demand or if they wanted to. While I don't think this would herald the return of a new Attitude Era, I wouldn't mind seeing a WWE show of sorts on the par with TV-14 TNA. I don't know if this hypothetical show should be branded ECW. Maybe something original. It could draw in additional viewers.

That TV-14 show sounds like a bad idea.

Even a show like TNA? It doesn't have to feature sexuality as the basis of the show any more. The show size could be somewhere between 205 Live and NXT. WWE could still sort of disavow themselves from this hypothetical ECW or whatever it would be called but still support it financially and have it run on the network. They don't even have it be called, say WWE ECW. They could call it just ECW or whatever. WWE already has original current TV-14 shows. Hell, I think Camp WWE was TV-14 and TV-MA. The only thing is they're not wrestling shows. It could possibly draw in some viewers they had in the AE and RAE. Hell, that same survey asked if you would like TNA, ROH, NJPW, etc. on the WWE Network. I don't see how another smaller yet edgy product could ruin the brand. But that's just my opinion of course since I personally prefer the Monday Night Wars Era (late NG Era, Attitude Era WWE, WCW and the original ECW) and the RAE over the current product. It would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

What kind of edgy thing would you want that WWE can't do on Raw or Smackdown?

Rated R stuff
So Edge would be the GM?
On that day, I'll see clearly

I guess that everything will come to life...

What kind of edgy thing would you want that WWE can't do on Raw or Smackdown?

Rated R stuff
So Edge would be the GM?
On that day, I'll see clearly

I guess that everything will come to life...

Oh yeah, that bitter place and a broken dream

Archived