WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Just finished SummerSlam 1992. It's one of my favorite SummerSlam PPVs ever. It's a 2-match show, yes, but boy did those 2 matches deliver.

Right now I'm currently watching:

maxresdefault.jpg

This is gonna be so much fun to watch this again.

Bret V Bulldog still stands up as an amazing technical wrestling match. The white hot crowd just adds to it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well? SummerSlam 2002. Do I really need to say anything about SummerSlam 2002 that hasn't been said already?

Best one under the SummerSlam name by far. No other one comes close.

So that's 3 of these I've seen. 2000 which was good (minus the women's match that sucked), 1992 (England needs another PPV at the new Wembley in my opinion) and 2002. Maybe I should watch one of the lesser SummerSlams next. And I know just the one to watch.

Guest Fight Me.

I try to watch a classic PPV leading up to this year's. Like how I watched SummerSlam 2000 to get ready for this year's and I'm probably gonna watch the past 2 Brooklyn Takeovers to get ready for this year's.

I don't see why not but yeah I'm sure there are fans who may prefer new modern stuff or something

Because old wrestling sucks balls and I've seen everything that is worthy of seeing in countless DVD's and specials. I think the oldest show I've actually watched on the network is a mid-2000's Taboo Tuesday because nL commentated over it.

I use the Network for NXT, the odd special and PPV's. I don't wanna go back and watch Wrestlemania 6 or Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

I don't see why not but yeah I'm sure there are fans who may prefer new modern stuff or something

Because old wrestling sucks balls and I've seen everything that is worthy of seeing in countless DVD's and specials. I think the oldest show I've actually watched on the network is a mid-2000's Taboo Tuesday because nL commentated over it.

*facepalm*

I mean, I'm facepalming because you actually typed *facepalm* out like some weird fanfic weeb on tumblr. *rawr* *anger intensifies grr*

I got into wrestling loving the idea of it constantly evolving, I don't wanna watch it in it's devolved state. It doesn't interest me like that. I'm sure it was amazing at the time, but I wasn't in that time and don't have any intrigue or revisiting it. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate it being a part of history, I just don't care for it.

Has anyone else never watched an old PPV on the network?

I've watched specific matches off old PPVs...but not full shows in their entirety. I might, though.

I probably should start watching all of the big 4, just because I never properly have. I know there will be some absolute turds in there. But I still feel like I should do it.

- The "Table For 3" episode with WWE Hall of Famers Ric Flair, Sting and Ricky Steamboat that was scheduled to premiere after last night's RAW did not air, apparently due to Flair's weekend hospitalization and the surgery that he underwent on Monday. A one-hour "Ric Flair: Forever The Man" special aired instead. That special can currently be found in the "Originals" section of the WWE Network. No word yet on when the "Table For 3" episode will air.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0815/630138/wwe-pulls-table-for-3-with-ric-flair/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guest Fight Me.

New Music Power 10 episode is up if you like watching entrances lol.

Hmm...think this is the first time they've ever mentioned that Bo is IRS's son.

Also cool that they mentioned Nakamura has appeared in Pharell Williams' "Happy" music video (Japanese version). So did Okada lol.

So used to seeing Trips with short hair now. Looking at old footage seeing his long hair feels odd a bit :lol:

I grew up watching Trips with long hair and so him being shaved was odd for me for a long time. Used to it now

I can't look at him with short hair without s*Censored*ing since someone on here described him as "looking like someone had drawn an angry face on a scrotum".

I can't get on demand content to stream on my PC...

The 24/7 portion works...but I wanted to watch all of the Summerslams in order from the beginning. I watched 88 and 89 a couple days ago...But now I can't get the other ones to play. If I try to watch them on the website on my PC, they just cycle and never load. I'm currently watching Summerslam 90 on my phone...but the damn site should work. I tried a bunch of different broswers, I tried clearing browsing history. Meh...

* Edit: I just got it to work, by watching the show on my phone, then going to my PC and clicking "continue watching". Why does this shit want to be controlled solely through my phone? What the crap...now I have to start shows on my phone and then click 'continue watching' to watch them on the website? Lol. What a broken load of shit. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

Can't get the app on your game console? Lol

And damn, you think you could watch every SS ever within a week or so? I've been trying to watch every SS from 2000-2016 since the beginning of the month and I'm having a hard time finishing lol.

Can't get the app on your game console? Lol

I do, but I like to watch on PC. I have a dual screen setup, and it's just the easiest thing when I'm online, to be watching the network on the opposite screen. Also, I was just playing my Xbox for a really long time and it was pretty warm, so I recently shut it down. It's also easiest to browse the content on a computer. It's just the way I like to do it. I don't have to explain myself to you. I do what I want! :lol:

And, nah...I wasn't really planning on watching them all before Summerslam 2017...I just decided to start watching the big 4 PPVs...and I'm starting with the Summerslam event, since it's summer. My current plan is to watch them all before summer is over. So...that's a decent number of weeks. The first day of fall isn't officially until September 22nd. Lol. At which point, I'll start watching all of the Survivor Series events, hopefully finishing those up by Thanksgiving.

Archived