WWE Network Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

They said on their podcast today that they had some stuff in the can, but don't think it's happening. They could always be swerving us though.

They wouldn't be losing money in the US, no way. Not making as much as before probably, but not losing money.

I think there's a shareholders earnings call like today or something so maybe we'll find out something.

I'm saying is, their global market is probably responsible for most of their profits whereas yeah, they almost definitely don't earn as much domestically as they used too.

Jesus, what's causing all these budget cuts? India not bringing in the millions?

I told you all, the budget went on purple tape for the ropes.

They wouldn't be losing money in the US, no way. Not making as much as before probably, but not losing money.

I think there's a shareholders earnings call like today or something so maybe we'll find out something.

I'm saying is, their global market is probably responsible for most of their profits whereas yeah, they almost definitely don't earn as much domestically as they used too.

In the quarterly results it says 159.4 million dollars in net revenue and 214.6 total so nah, they make more 3 times more money in the US than in every other market combined.

Jesus, what's causing all these budget cuts? India not bringing in the millions?

Q2 2017 Results

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2017/07-27-2017-133134681

Thanks, hadn't seen that yet.

Funny that according to that revenue is up and costs are barely up and they're taking so many budget cuts.

And yeah, barely any mentions of India means it's not been a big success yet, now they'll either continue pushing for it or Jinder's losing that belt at Summerslam.

They go through this every couple years which is no different than every company in the US. We just notice it bc cuts obv have an effect on the TV product. Once they rearrange the budget they will go back to making more original shows and add pyro again

The thing is, if they were clever and more frugal generally then they wouldn't need to have periods of budget cuts.

I make a joke about the purple tape, but it's the little things like that - that add up. How many rolls of tape does it take to cover three ropes?

Does every superstar need pyro in their entrances? Does the show opening need so much in one go?

Are outside ventures like WWE studios turning a profit?

WWE announced a number of new additions for the WWE Network this morning.

There will be a new Table for 3 next Monday featuring Sean Waltman, Diamond Dallas Page, and Scott Hall. The following Monday will see the debut of another Table for 3 episode featuring the incredible trio of former NWA World champions and WWE Hall of Famers Sting, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat.

WWE also pushed a new episode of Bring it to The Table, The Mae Young Classic, Summerslam and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.

WWE will also be adding a Kurt Angle Network Collection as well as their third wave of "Hidden Gems."

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=111295

Archived