We need to be able to change the material of custom logos

J-man89

Cause it just sucks when making attires for AJ or someone else and the custom logo is supposed to have a shiny effect and you have to put on there without it cause we can't change the material. This is definitely one of the top things in caw mode i look to see implemented in 2K18.

It's most likely adding an extra layer to whatever the logo is...so I'm sure the game could do it just as easily with a custom logo as an in-game one. The result might not always look fantastic, but it should be something that can be done just same. The game just needs to be able to know how to take the shape of a custom logo (exclude all of the translucent parts) and add a filter to it, just like photoshop. Really not a difficult task, IMO. Just ignore AustinFan and his naysaying. If they wanted to, they could put it in...for sure.

It's most likely adding an extra layer to whatever the logo is...so I'm sure the game could do it just as easily with a custom logo as an in-game one. The result might not always look fantastic, but it should be something that can be done just same. The game just needs to be able to know how to take the shape of a custom logo (exclude all of the translucent parts) and add a filter to it, just like photoshop. Really not a difficult task, IMO. Just ignore AustinFan and his naysaying. If they wanted to, they could put it in...for sure.

Yeah exactly, it really doesn't seem like something that can't be done.

I believe there was a YouTube video on this:

If you have the AJ circular logo on a caw, go to edit and under tights, add logo. Choose the gray design that is semi-circular and adjust it to cover the original logo. Choose your material (e.g., metallic) and under color, take transparency to zero. The original logo should now have the metallic sheen.

Not my original tip, I just saw it on YouTube and it works.

It's not going to be as easy with irregularly shaped logos, but you can play around with other in-game logos that you can adjust transparency on to try to match the shape.

I don't think that would even be possible as it custom

Its possible, theres a trick you can use involving in-game logos at 0 transparency. to cover custom logos with different materials so we know that visually it is possible. May take so creative coding though.

Edit: same trick as mentioned above.

Yeah i'm aware of that trick but it takes alot of logos to get certain custom logos fully covered and looking good without any of the outline of the transparent logos showing.

You're right, I was simply pointing out that it can be done. Having a different material over a custom logo doesn't cause the console to spontaneously combust or anything like that so its feasible.

Archived